The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#145901 - 04/08/08 01:49 AM My New Writing Group
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Don't want to cover up any brand new posts so I'll put this here.

I have my own writing group for women, finally. Yeah! We're the North Shore Scribes. I have a room at the public library near where I work. First meeting in May. I have one member so far, but spoke to a woman who lives in my building and writes tonight. She may join. My press release is in one local paper in the calendar already (I only sent it out Friday). Another paper, a weekly that covers several communities, is putting it in their calendar section and the editor expressed an interest in doing a feature story about it. I only need a few more members and I have 4-5 weeks to find them.

#145902 - 04/08/08 01:20 PM Re: My New Writing Group [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Louisa, that is good news. Let us know if you get any results from the PR in the paper. I'd love to know.

Way to go, you move quickly and are very determined. I bet your group will be a great one!

#145903 - 04/08/08 04:57 PM Re: My New Writing Group [Re: Louisa]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Louisa!!! WOW!!! You had an idea and a wish..and boom..there you are!!! Great! Gives us all hope!!!

Please keep us informed!!!

#145904 - 04/08/08 06:01 PM Re: My New Writing Group [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
That happened quickly. What an inspiration you are. Got an idea, shared it here at BWS, and you're up and running. Keep us posted.

#145905 - 04/08/08 10:23 PM Re: My New Writing Group
Louisa Offline

Thanks. Yes, it did happen fast. At least it seems like it did, but I've been talking about it for a while now. I just finally acted on it. It should be a fun adventure.

#145906 - 04/09/08 02:49 AM Re: My New Writing Group [Re: Louisa]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
That's great the way you accomplished this so readily. Funny, my group was called the "Devonshire Scribes" because I lived on Devonshire. Very good for you getting this together!

#145907 - 04/09/08 03:43 AM Re: My New Writing Group [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Congratulations Louisa! I love being in writing groups, they allow you to share your writings and help others.

I'm sure you'll find as many as you need. People are mostly shy about sharing their writing, but once they put themselves into a group, magic usually happens. Keep us posted.
www.tidedancer.com

#145908 - 04/09/08 08:04 PM Re: My New Writing Group [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats on acting on soemthing you've been talking about for a long time. Maybe that will motivate some of us to do the same! Which gives me an idea for another topic.

#145909 - 04/10/08 12:43 AM Re: My New Writing Group
Louisa Offline

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. Today I got an email from a group that meets on Thursday nights at the same library. I had originally inquired about this group and emailed them. I got no reply. I found out it is a fiction novel writing group and mostly men. Now, I hear from them. Anyway, a man emailed me apologizing for not seeing my email sooner and invited me to join or stop by tomorrow night to find out if their group would be beneficial to me or not. If I can, I think I will. Although I writer little fiction, it's a good chance to network and meet other local writers. According to this man, they are a small established group that has caught the attention of some nationally known authors. The curiosity is killing me. I'll let you know if I go.

#145910 - 04/14/08 11:17 AM Writers, writers, everywhere [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

I went to this group and was pleasantly surprised. There were 4 of them - 3 men, 1 woman. One of the men knew me from my newspaper writing days as he is one of the writers/reporters for that same paper. It's not just a fiction group. They all seem like pretty good writers and I think it is a nice group. Now, the question is, what do I do? I think I would like to join their group. I really cannot commit to a weekly meeting though, but they seem flexible. My own group is not actually off the ground yet. I don't know if I can handle two groups. I do still want to go forward with my own group. If that doesn't pan out, I can fall back on this one. I think I will try to go to this one in the meantime. The other group I was invited to join that is not that close to home is not up and running yet, but we are keeping in touch. Now I have groups everywhere.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved