The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#145824 - 04/07/08 06:35 PM traveling with grands
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
One of the NABBW teleseminars this month is being done by Pat Burns who wrote the book, Grandparents Rock. She is going to talk about traveling with the grandkids. She is delightful, well traveled and adores her grandchildren. I'm anxious to hear all she has to say.

Anyone traveling with their grands this summer?

#145825 - 06/26/08 09:38 PM Re: traveling with grands
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
Yes - we go to Colorado every summer with our four! Wild and wooly but great fun! It's best to have lots of "in house" activities in case of rain. Also, lots of popcorn and hot chocolate is good! Mostly we like to play candyland, go fish, and chicken foot. I am really good at charades, but I leave camping out and canoeing the river to the parents! Granddids are great travel companions. They keep you on your toes!!

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#145826 - 06/27/08 12:43 AM Re: traveling with grands [Re: savvygrandmother]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME savvygrandmother to the BWS forum. You seem to have a handle on being a qreat grandma. I bet your grandkids love having you around. You're right about them keeping us on our toes statement.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145827 - 06/27/08 06:32 AM Re: traveling with grands [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Welcome to BWS, Savvygrandmother! WOW! You resurrected a thread from a few months back and I am quite surprised that we missed it.

Well, Dots, travelling with the grandchildren of nearly 8, 4 and 2 is always an exercise in logistics. My SIL assigns our respective charges. "He the man" as we say and tease.

I love travelling with my grandchildren. My older grandson is quite keen in geography and reads up on places we head for. His sister is keen on children of her age from other places especially when we travel abroad and has started a collection of national costumes which she wears to Church sometimes. When we travel overseas, I always make arrangements for them to visit a school or attend a parochial Sunday school when possible. The grandbaby could not care less where we go or what we do for so long as he has his munchies and is "dry". When we travel, diaper changing rooms and toilet locations are plotted first.

Travelling with the grandchildren is always a "learn and play" time for them and me. It gives me an insight of their interaction and perception of other people outside their familiar community. They travel with their own Trunkis which they fill with souvenirs and a book of the place they visit.

We were invited by my son and his future wife for a honeymoon tag-along to Latin America after the wedding late this summer. Fun!

#145828 - 06/27/08 06:40 AM Re: traveling with grands [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hello and welcome! Aren’t you a purdy savvygrandmother!

I think travelling with grandparents is a relaxed lay back kind of vacation for the grandkids. Many parents tend to want to cram everything possible into a short period of time.

I would leave camping and canoeing to the parents too. Our 2 year old granddaughter is living with us, and I have learned it’s so much more relaxing to chill out in the back yard then to pack and drive somewhere, far away. All the child wants is real play time.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved