The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#14633 - 12/05/04 08:46 AM Re: rob
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
lion, that's beautiful. I don't have many words of comfort to offer. I love you and yearn for your emptiness to fill. I can't blame you for your thoughts and emotions. They're so real.

I can't stand that you're blaming yourself, but I understand. We're mothers. It's what we do.

May God continue to allow you to vent and find comfort in His arms. Remeber, he meets you wherever you are. [Wink]

#14634 - 12/12/04 04:26 AM Re: rob
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
I haven't been on the list much lately with all that has been going on in my own life, but I felt the need to comment to lionspaw in her hour of need.

I lost my hubby almost 5 years ago. It NEVER gets "better". It gets tolerable in small increments, and then hits you again like a ton of bricks. Nobody and nothing can "fix" what's wrong, and there will be people thay will tell you to "get over it" and "move on". I know how I ache for my Tim, and he was my husband. I just cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a child. I would not be where I am today if my loss had been of a child, I can tell you that.

Lion, I am here for you if you need to vent. I can't be where you are in body, but my spirit is there with you. I am holding you in my heart in prayer and humble supplication to our Higher Power that He send you peace this Christmas. Remember, Rob is with his Maker and is in a far, far better place. He is waiting for you there, until the day it is your turn to make that journey and take your place next to him.

Be peaceful and feel all of our combined energies encircling you....

Micki

#14635 - 12/12/04 04:40 AM Re: rob
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Carolyn,
Where the heck have I been? I never saw this post. I can tell you one thing, I cannot comfort you any better than what Micki has poured out in the post above this one. She has captured what I would want to tell you and I won't even begin to try and add more meaning to those lovely words.

I think you know how much your friendship means to me, and to everyone here. I'm standing firm with Micki in that I'm here if you need me. You are sooo loved! Feel it gal...lean on it! Use us...because we really do care. And if you want to scream, then scream! You can call me at home anytime and just vent, cry, scream, whatever. You've got my number. I love you dearly my friend, JJ

#14636 - 12/12/04 05:10 AM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
you ladies are sooooooo special --

THANK YOU for your support, comforting words and friendship [Smile]

I was widowed at the age of 23 -- and I remember people telling me to move on -- as if you can just "shake it off" [Roll Eyes]

and it WAS totally different to lose my child ----but i know in my heart that Robert is free now -- and I see him in the sunrises and everywhere i turn [Smile]

I needed to vent that night -- and I know that I am safe here -- with women WHO KNOW --

I'm not sure what I would do without all of you [Smile]

I'm really okay [Smile]

THANK YOU AGAIN ((((( HUGS )))))

#14637 - 12/22/04 09:27 PM Re: rob
Dana_dup1 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
((((((Carolyn)))))
Dana

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved