The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#14613 - 08/12/04 03:58 AM Re: rob
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Lion,

I will read your story.

My friend lost her son last Summer to cancer. He was 20. On his 21st birthday she aasked him to stop a clock for her so they could connect. His 21st birthday was very important to this MOm.

She checked all the clocks in the house before bed but no luck. She rested and read for awhile getting drowsy. About 10:20pm she remembered the clock in Patrick's room. A little alarm clock, quite insignificant to the grand clocks throughout the house but it was the room where he died.

The next morning, when she awoke for work she checked the clock in Patrick's room and it had stopped at 10:20 pm. There are many stories of Patrick being around and I am sure your Rob is with you. Maybe more now than the days close to his death. You would know best.

Pour your grief and your fears out here. These ladies are strong and support you when you need it the most.

Lynn

#14614 - 08/12/04 04:04 AM Re: rob
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Micki,
I too enjoyed your post and purposely didn't reply yesterday. The smell of Old Spice reminds me of my father and I love when my husband wears it.
Yes, grieving the one still living I remember doing this with my mother.
Maggie

#14615 - 08/12/04 04:16 AM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I had my grandbeauty last week -- from Thursday evening til Monday evening and when I walked back into my home Tuesday afternoon after work I walked around for about 5 min and then just sat down and started to cry. I was so heartbroken and I wasnt sure why.

Then I realized how much I missed taking care of Robert. He was so like Belle - so innocent and trusting -- looking to me to protect him and help him through the madness of it all. He needed me, unlike my parents or husband or even my other son. And I needed him.

So I called my daughter in law and told her I wanted Belle back -- and she said SORRY -- CANT DO IT !! can you believe that [Smile]

and now we have a hurricane heading for us -- and because I live in a modular home -- I have to get out. I am so torn about leaving all Rob's stuff here -- the pictures and things he made and drew and just 23 yrs of memories. Since we're going to my parents house -- along with my bird and 2 dogs and hubby's Harley Davidson -- how can I take all these things with me too [Confused]

and when I started this I had a point [Smile] sorry --I'm just really tired right now -- and trying not to get too upset about this storm (I went thru a hurricane when I was 7 and it took the roof off our house - needless to say I dont like the wind)

anyway -- I'm not sure anyone can really be maudlin about memories of a loved one -- and i think we all need a pity party every now and then -- it gives us strength to keep on keeping on
[Big Grin]

#14616 - 08/12/04 04:21 AM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

Thank you Lynn [Smile]

Robert does let me know he's still around and usually it's more than enough -- posts like yours remind me of those times when I get a little selfish" [Smile]

#14617 - 08/12/04 04:49 AM Re: rob
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Carolyn! It didn't dawn on me that you were in the path of that Hurricane girl....please report back in when you can and let us all know you are okay!!!! I will be thinking of you and your entire family and praying for your safety.

Rob is there with you too, helping to protect Mom.

Love you gal,

JJ

#14618 - 08/13/04 07:54 AM Re: rob
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
lion, praying for your safety, and the safety of Rob's belongings.

You're so wise to associate watching your grand-daughter with caring for Rob. For that brief time of caring for her she filled the void all of us have as mother bears. Some children allow us to fill that and others are too independent.

#14619 - 08/13/04 03:38 PM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

It sure was a treat watching Belle -- she is such a loving child -- if you watched her and her mom and dad your heart would just swell -- they love each other soooo much and it was wonderful to have the chance to be a part of that bond -- if only for a few days [Big Grin]

she showed no signs of missing them while they were gone (thank goodness for me not to have to take care of a forelorn child [Big Grin] ) but when they walked into the house I thought Belle was going to turn inside out -- she went to mom and then dad and then mom and then dad and then she held on to mom and reached for dad so they had a group hug -- it just filled my heart with peace to see how happy my son was with his family [Big Grin]

#14620 - 08/27/04 08:51 PM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

this is a "no need to answer" post ---

its the 3rd anniversary of Robert's passing and i'm just a little sad [Frown]

i would rather be home with my hubby but bills have to be paid -- so here i am -- trying not to break down in tears in front of everyone --

so i came here to post -- and then i'll feel better

i sure miss my baby [Frown]

#14621 - 08/27/04 09:14 PM Re: rob
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I know you said "no need" but there is a need. I need you to know you are loved. I need you to know in case you don't check your email that I'm here, I am feeling your loneliness and emptyness and although the best I can do is send good thoughts and cyberlove, I NEED you to know it's being sent. You are a very important friend to me Carolyn. Simply put, you are loved.

JJ

#14622 - 08/27/04 10:37 PM Re: rob
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
(((((((Consider yourself hugged)))))))

I know it is difficult.
Blessings on you, Dear Carolyn.

Linda

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved