The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#145572 - 07/01/08 06:27 AM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Off to Alaska, JJ? Wow, Did I miss something? Is this a pleasure or business trip? Have a good time! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you are back.

#145573 - 07/01/08 08:06 AM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, your comments were hysterical.

Edelweiss, it's all pleasure. She ahs a friend who lives there and she and a couple other friends are visiting her. Sounds like a major party to me! I don't know what I'm going to do without my BWS and NABBW right hand gal! Yesterday, she worked like a fool getting everything finished for the next two weeks so I can live without her!

#145574 - 07/01/08 10:10 AM Re: Anyone have any news?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ, unless you are way up in the Anartic you won't see any polar bears, its the grizzlies that you have to watch out for. They are all over Alaska.
I am sorry I wasn't able to get the poncho to you soon enough to model before you left, but it gives us something to look forward to when you get back, that and all the stories you'll have to tell. Bon Voyage!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145575 - 07/01/08 11:16 AM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Slipping in here before I cast off this morning!

Haul-a-butt? Bawmahahahahaha....that is so funny!

Pleasure! Three high school friends...and one of them teaches in Wales. She is retiring soon and wanted her two best friends to see where she has been for the past 8 years teaching. So, off we go! Her boyfriend is accompanying us on the trip and is taking us to other places the first week like Anchorage, Homer, Nome, and a few other places. He works there on a gov't radar site.

Chatty, check out Wales, Alaska...it is on the Bering Sea. On a clear day, they can see Siberia, Russia. They have LOTS of polar bears. On some days, they have to stay inside because the bears will be roaming the beach and of course, fishing for their food. Let's hope I'm not on the menu!

We will be in Wales a week, also. Here is a web-cam that you can go to and see the whole village. The only way in is to fly; if you watch the web cam next week, you will probably see me, Vicki, Dinah, and her boyfriend Ben walking along the beach. How cool is that?

http://24.237.247.165/straitcam.html

#145576 - 07/01/08 12:54 PM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Have a wonderful time, JJ!! And please keep away from those polar bears...take pictures, but from INDOORS!!! Looking forward to hearing all the polar tales when you get back!

(Maya Angelou)

#145577 - 07/01/08 06:05 PM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Wow, then you are way up there. The woman whose life story I am writing keeps bugging me to come up for a week. I spoke to her yesterday and she said I could fly out of McCarren here in Vegas, at 7:00 a.m. on Alaskian Airlines, land for a 2 hour lay over in Seattle, then fly to Anchorage where I would have to board a small putt, putt type plane to fly to Kodiak where I would land at 4:00 p.m. and she would pick me up and then drive to her home there. Her construction company is in Nome, they build highways and large buildings, and she has a couple other homes way out in the wilderness they use for fishing trips and hunting. There were several large Grizzlies walking along on the highway out near Denali when they were driving to check up on the fishing boats she owns out around Big Delta. Thats a rare sight she said. The boats supply the crabs for some major restaurants. It all sounds so fascinating and my exploring nature wants me to go so bad, BUT I dread airports and would be in at least three of them... Your are far more adventurous than me, my friend...

#145578 - 07/10/08 08:37 PM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I've missed so much. I'm taking an Internet marketing class with Kathleen Gage and The Bog Squad. We're in a private Facebook class that is in week 2 and I'm still learning my way around.

JJ, why don't I get your newsletter anymore? I miss your writing and my laughing. Bring salmon back from Alaska if the bears haven't eaten it all.

Dotsie, your article is wonderful. I finally listened to your interview with Kathleen today. You shared so much it was amazing.

Chatty, I hope you get the movie deal. Can I be your assistant?

Karin, I don't know you yet, but good luck.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#145579 - 07/11/08 12:17 AM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: Saundra]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
JJ..do you have a newsletter?? I missed that!

Chattylady..your description of a trip into Alaska sounds very exciting..but, like you, I don´t know if I´d dare???

Isn´t JJ visiting with her friends in Alaska that had lots of trouble a few months ago..due to weather and storms and such? And I´ll bet she´s helping out there alot,too.

#145580 - 07/11/08 06:06 PM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Saundra, I won't need an assistant because being a ghostwriter, I will be lucky if I am even mentioned but one never knows. As long as the checks are good, who cares?

I am dying to go to Alaska Humlan, but I have too much work, number one, and number two, I am a pansy when it comes to traveling. I would love to have some of that fresh, right out of the icy waters salmon and crab...

#145581 - 07/11/08 11:36 PM Re: Anyone have any news? [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Humlan, JJ has a wonderful web site (www.queenjawjaw) I'm sure you know about. I think she writes a monthly column that arrives in our NABBW newlsetter. I just wish our Queen had a newsletter.

See, JJ, we want a newsletter from you.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved