The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#145546 - 03/25/08 03:06 PM April is Sexual Assault Awareness and
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Child Abuse Prevention Month.

Please be on the look out for a teleseminar with Lynn Tolson, sponosred by the NABBW.

#145547 - 04/14/08 10:20 PM Re: April is Sexual Assault Awareness and
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Isn't it just a crying shame we can actually have a month called Sexual Assault Month. MY God, that's just discusting, scary and absurd...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145548 - 04/17/08 02:47 PM Re: April is Sexual Assault Awareness and [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't know if the epidemic of sexual violence is getting greater, or if more victims are reporting, or if society is discussing it more, I just don't know but the problem is one big giant monster that keeps growing exponentially. It is scarey. And women are taught to defend ourselves. Why should we have to walk around with a defensive attitude and demeanor? I'd like to ask here how the knowledge of rape affects your personal and professional life. For example, as a real estate agent, I do not do open houses alone. I won't meet someone at a property to show the property unless I've met that person before. And keep in mind that 95% of all assaults are committed by someone the victim knows!

#145549 - 04/17/08 09:46 PM Re: April is Sexual Assault Awareness and [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have changed my deamenor drastically as well Princess. I am and have always been a night owl, up till all hours of the night roaming around town but lately I don't go out once it is totally dark. I don't go walking even in my own neighborhood when its dark out. I bought special security steel screen doors it would take a truck to get through, so I feel safer. I never meet anyone for business now after dark. I could never be a real estate person and recently a beautiful new complex opened here and I was offered the job of rental agent. It meant I would just have to show possible tenants the apartments and I said NO. This being a transcient town surrounded by easy access and exit, it is even more dangerous. Criminals pop in, commit their mayhem, and leave. It's such a sad situation that women especially must live in fear. Thats the reason I have always had dogs too, even a smell dog will bark like mad if someone is hanging about. I never scold my Yorkies for barking when I'm home, they are my alarm system if notning more...

Edited by chatty lady (04/17/08 09:50 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145550 - 04/17/08 11:29 PM Re: April is Sexual Assault Awareness and [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Chatty, I was a property manager for years and years, and yes, we had to show strangers apartments. In California, showing hours went on to 7pm. So there you are, with a stranger in an apartment, and the sun is setting, and you are the manager, so you are the only one on the property. I had to go out at 11 pm and lock up the clubhouses. As I was leaving property managment, since there had been a rape on the property, the company made the law that the person we were showing leave their ID at the office. Chatty, when we first met here, you were going out at midnight to rescue dogs! I praised your dedication to the dog, but questioned your safety. When I had cancer, I was interviewing house cleaners. I had a Sheltie named Whitney; she was a barker. The lady from Merry Maids pointed to the dog during the interview and said, "Will that dog bark the whole time I'm here?" and I said "Yes, you are a stranger in our home, and that is her job!" Of course, I hired someone else!

#145551 - 04/17/08 11:31 PM Re: April is Sexual Assault Awareness and [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

On the topic of April being nation sexual assault awareness month, I'm wondering if anyone wants to have a discussion about the Pope addressing privately 5 victims of abuse by Priests? The Pope said it pained him. This is historical. The abuse is not being minimized. What do you think?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved