The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#14533 - 05/25/04 07:15 AM queen's Dad
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, I heard from the queen. Her dad died last night. She thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts. She will be staying with her mom until the funeral is over. She's not sure yet but believes the funeral will be Wednesday.

Many of us have experienced the death of a parent so we can imagine what she's going through.

Please pray for her as she adjusts to another change. I'm sure you recall that she has been a faithful daughter and visited him nightly after work. We have to pray for the void she will have from no longer being a care-giver.

Thanks!

She'll be back in the forums when this is behind her!

I miss her humor! [Big Grin]

#14534 - 05/25/04 12:04 AM Re: queen's Dad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Queen, you are still in my prayers and the humor so many speak of when talking of you will be a help to you now. Remember the funny times, the times you laughed together and the darkness will turn into and remain the light.

#14535 - 05/25/04 04:21 AM Re: queen's Dad
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
Queen I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. We all must face loosing our parents at some point, and no matter when or under what circumstances it will leave a void in your life. I speak from recent experience, my father died April 19th. We had his memorial service a week ago today. We still need to plan when/how to distribute his ashes. Many people have told me the past month that they are glad I still have a sense of humor. I think that helps most. Having friends and family around helps too. Holidays will be hard, my dad usually had his birthday celebration with 2 of my children, they all have BDs within a wk of each other in May. We celebrated last week and when they blew out the candles we all knew daddy was there blowing too. I too have been left with a mom to watch over. I tell my dad each night that I will promise to take as good a care of her as he did. It makes it hard on me because for 30 years of my life (minus 5 while in college) I was within 10 minutes of home, and saw them frequently. 18 years ago we moved from DC to Towson and we didn't see as much of each other. But it will still be hard especially this summer when we are at the family beach house. He and I used to spend hours doing picture puzzles. I won't have that quiet communication any more. I am busy as daddy's estate rep and I also am mom's legal rep. I now pay her bills, dad's affairs as well as my own families. It is keeping me busy. I still have times where I will break into tears as I remember I'll never do this or that with him again. You will too, and that is normal. People often don't know what to say when family die. It is best if they just be. We often avoid speaking of the person. I believe it is best if we do speak of them and remember all the good and funny times we had. It helps to do this with people who have similar memories of our lost one. Just know I am thinking of you. If sometimes helps to speak with someone who is going through the same thing. I'll be thinking of you....

#14536 - 05/25/04 05:07 AM Re: queen's Dad
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My condolences Jawjaw and Swimbo.

#14537 - 05/25/04 05:29 AM Re: queen's Dad
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Jaw Jaw you have given so much to all of us here in the forum...we all hope you can find some small comfort in the good wishes of your boomer friends during these tough days.

#14538 - 05/25/04 06:58 PM Re: queen's Dad
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
JJ and Swimbo, My sympathy goes out to you. One of my friends told me to look for the blessings and that really helped. Hope it will help you too.
Maggie

#14539 - 05/26/04 12:57 AM Re: queen's Dad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was unaware of your loss Swimbo until just now and I want to offer my condolences to you and your family. I lost a dad and a stepdad within a year of one another and both are sorely missed. Its been some 15 years and the pain still lingers but so do the good memories, the laughter and the love....

#14540 - 05/26/04 04:38 AM Re: queen's Dad
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I'm so sorry for the losses. I hope you've wonderful memories to sustain you and God's love to guide you.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved