The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#145322 - 03/24/08 04:40 PM A new beginning
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
After a beautiful Easter weekend with family, our son and dil surprised Hubby and me with two things.
The first surprise was a paid vacation in Spain in a first class hotel, as a thank you for taking Anaiya for a year.
And the second surprise was they took Anaiya! Yes,…our little pumpiamkin is gone. No forewarning nothing. They just packed her suitcases and swept her out of our lives.

Okey….and here is a third surprise.
I am not upset. No, really I’m not. I thought I would break down and cry as if I had lost my own child. But that didn’t happen. We immediately removed the fence to the stairs. We unscrewed the children security thing-a ma- jigs- from the drawers and cabinet doors. Wow, what a feeling of freedom!

Hubby feels the same way. We can’t wait to go on our vacation. I just love sitting at my computer without having a guilty conscience. I can’t wait to get my business rolling again. No more toys to stumble over, no stinky diapers, no milk bottles. …. She weighs almost 30 pounds. I won’t miss carrying her, and feeling the weight on my hip and knee. Really it’s wonderful.

Of course we will miss her cute little voice calling Oma and Opa. Her morning snuggles with us in bed. We will miss the sunshine she seems to bring with her in every room. We loved seeing her develop and learn from day to day. We are aware that we were blessed to have had this chance to experience a baby again. She will be back to visit, and I think and hope we will always have a very close relationship.

So there is a happy end to this fairy tale, and I am relieved that there must be some grandmother instinct protecting me from breaking down. Anaiya is now where she belongs; and that’s with her mommy. That is just the nature of things.….

And now onward with our own lives!

#145323 - 03/24/08 04:46 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
This is a good thing, I'm sure!

#145324 - 03/24/08 05:15 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
And it's okay to laugh and cry at the same time...

(Maya Angelou)

#145325 - 03/24/08 06:38 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hannelore dearest..do I dare write this..my 18yr old is in the country with his brother and sister and the gang..what a feeling of freedom..space..and he´s my own kid..not my grandchild! Don´t you think that maybe we have a right and need to finally slow down and take it easy at OUR OWN pace after all those years of parenting? Honey..just do what comes naturally which you are doing..and as Eagleheart writes..it´s ok to cry and laugh at the same time,too

So everything is ok then? The family is keeping together and everything goes on as usual? I may have missed something here..so please don´t answer if you don´t want to write about it again or anythng.

I am happy for you and your hubby..it all sounds like a sunshine story..which is a Hannelore story to me

LOVE and lots of grandma hugs!!!

#145326 - 03/24/08 06:51 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Humlun, I’m smiling. I'm so glad you know what I’m talking about; I love that. BUT…and that is a big BUT….this is how I feel now. I hope I feel this way tomorrow. I hope hope hope so.
Hubby just asked me if I wanted to look at the most recent movies we made of Anaiya. I said no way. That may just be the trigger that reverses my “up” feeling. Got to stay away from Easter eggs and Anaiya’s pictures for awhile.

And yes, Eagle Heart…you’re right. I will allow the feeling to come if it does. Jeez….just an hour passed between the two posts and I’m not as high as before.

Oh yes, Humlan, I posted somewhere else that my son and dil reconciled. It was the nicest Easter present for us all, and especially for little Anaiya. Enjoy your space Humlan! Enjoy!!!!

#145327 - 03/24/08 07:08 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Ok, Hannelore, sorry..I missed that part..I AM SO GLAD that things are looking up for your son´s family then it´s so nice when things turn out well..

I AM enjoying my space and freedom..it´s a luxury of course because he´s just in the country for a few days..nothing permanent. Eventho that would be ok with me at this stage,too

#145328 - 03/24/08 07:09 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Enjoy your vacation Hannelore. Much deserved. It was the right gift for you and hubby.

#145329 - 03/24/08 07:37 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hannelore
how interesting and what a good outcome.
My bet is that the vacation is just the tonic you need after standing up to be carer to the little one.You have both been wonderful.
No doubt there will be blips..but who would not miss that ray of sunshine.I shall miss her from a distance.But she is exactly where she should be.
Protect yourelf as you are doing wise one..the video can wait.
Love
Mountain ash

#145330 - 03/24/08 09:49 PM Re: A new beginning [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, what a story book ending. I love how you live in the moment, accepting whatever will be. You embraced her while she was there, and are now embracing your hubby again. This is such grand news.

humlan, I thought of you this weekend all aone with your partner when a friend shared that both daughters were away for Easter and they were psyched for thier empty nest. They'd made some special drink and were locking themselves in the house Saturday and telling their extended family they were going out of town for Easter so they could have the whole weekend to themselves. You gotta do what you gotta do. Live in the moment! Boomer women/grandmas rock!

#145331 - 03/24/08 10:04 PM Re: A new beginning
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You so deserve this vacation with your hubby. I am thrilled about the two getting back together and taking their daughter home, things are as they should be. You are far too intelligent to cry because you know that this is the right thing to have happened and your family remains complete, and you know you will see Anaiya again, and again and again. Thats the most fun of having grandkids, when they come to visit, and not live with you full time...Hey if you happen to find a Sexy, Sassy Spaniard, send him my way will ya???

Edited by chatty lady (03/24/08 10:06 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145332 - 03/25/08 06:49 AM Re: A new beginning [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

I'll check out those Spaniards for you Chatty. What a sacrifice for me,...heh heh...They have the cutest buns...must be all that bull fighting. Ole'!!!
Hubby and I read the newspaper at the breakfast table for the first time in a year. Wow, forgot what that was like.
Life is good! And thanks for accompanying me on this journey, my friends!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved