The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#201927 - 04/06/10 02:20 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
What! No one has had any time for any arts and crafts discussions for three months? Yikes, we must all be working too hard!

Does anybody do wreaths for their doors/walls for other seasons besides Christmas? I am looking for ideas for a front door wreath for Spring that will be large enough to see from the street -- and which won't get eaten by the birds.

Sadly, I've noted that birds have been using the ingredients of my current wreath for nesting materials...

What kind of craft suggestions does anyone have for a spring or summer wreath?

Thanks!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#201949 - 04/06/10 07:59 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Anne Holmes]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Speaking of wreaths, does anyone remember the old computer cards we used to have at work? Ever make a wreath out of one bunch of those? They had holes in them…remember? Anyway, we would make wreaths out of them by stapling them together in circles..then put a big bow in the center or some other kind of ornament. Then spray paint the whole thing. It was fun! Talk about using nothing to make something.

So Anne, what about looking around your home at something you collect and love….like possible making a grapevine wreath (easy enough), then putting a dog figurine in the center on a bow of some kind???

Maybe you have a pet you prefer…like for me, it would be boxers. You could hot glue bones around the wreath. If dogs aren’t you thing, maybe there is some other collectible in your home you would like to display on the door? Just a thought.

#201954 - 04/06/10 09:18 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

I make hydranga wreaths in late summer..using a base same as a Christmas wreath..Hang it in a porch or my summerhouse..as the colours fade it becomes a dried arrangment that can be sprayed for Christmas adding bows or sparkles ..whatever is at hand
many people here make Easter wreaths,,,greenery and spring flowers/.chicken from cake decorations..little eggs or the whole Easter bonnet type wreath..
and of course a "corn dolly" is made from the last sheeve of grain at harvest time ..its a work of art made expertly to ensure grain for next year (symbolicly) this may even be a Pagan custom I am told..

#201962 - 04/06/10 10:32 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Mountain Ash]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Love the Grapevine Wreath with the dog and bow idea JJ..very clever...can't picture the computer card wreath though...I have lived a sheltered life I guess (wink) smile

Mountain Ash, Hydrangeas are my favorite flower...do you grow them in your garden? if so..what colors do you have?

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#201994 - 04/07/10 04:17 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dark pink I have three along a wall..they fade to a maroon when dried properly.
A climbing creamy yellow on a trellis..and a blue in a pot to keep it blue it is seperated from her sisters..in ericaous compost.
also cuttings from the dark pink amongst lillies..
I have gifted them often too..

do you garden Nancy?

#202020 - 04/08/10 12:27 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Mountain Ash]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
oooooooo..they all sound lovely...I especially love the Blue ones..but they are so difficult to keep that perfect shade of blue...they need alot of lime in the soil I think...yes? When do your hydrangeas bloom the fullest? Your garden sounds gorgeous...I'd love to see it.

I do love to garden Eunice...but our property has very little shade and so I have not had much luck growing hydrangea's..it's unseasonably warm here this past week and so many of my perennials are peeping out of the soil..my children always give me a gift certificate to a local nursery for Mother's Day so I can fill my pots and barrels with pretty annuals that last all summer and into the fall...all of that glorious color makes me so happy...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#202061 - 04/08/10 04:58 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Mountain Ash Offline

Pots are good...and can be refilled even for winter..I have several all cobalt blue..bought over the years .juts put pansies in two..but the others have sturdy shrubs...bay...crooked willow and rosemary /lavendar..
shade can be ok if you get the right plant..perriwinkle and thyme so so many..

#202067 - 04/08/10 05:33 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just reading this post is getting me so excited for my garden. Lenten roses, Korean spice bush, blossoming cherry trees, tulips, and a couple others whose names I've forgotten are already in bloom. Don't youjust love this time of year with all the rebirth? It renews my spirit with regards to people starting all over again.

#202084 - 04/08/10 07:57 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Dotsie]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello All,
Haven't been on for a long time . Use to be Renee now Sadie . Okay I do wreaths and floral designs and now have taken a class in Corages making with silk flowers and real one and just love it . It is so easy to make a corage and wreaths . Very relaxing to make . Next week my class is in Wrist corsages . Can't wait . Have to take some pictures and post .

Well all is good have a lovely day

Now Sadie Of Maryland

#202098 - 04/09/10 08:59 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Sadie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sadie
does going to a class keep your hobby at a high threshold?
I just do any wreaths etc on the spur of the moment..not disciplined at all.then I do a few..gift them to whoever pops by.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved