The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#144949 - 04/09/08 10:45 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
After that week, we go back the following weekend and have her that weekend in Blacksburg. That one is important because we are Greek Orthodox and the last weekend in Apr is our Easter. After that, we don't have a schedule. I am really hoping to go back to work on or about May 7th. It depends on what is happening and if the Dr. will release me to go back.

Yes, it is happening slowly but surely. She is continuing with her parenting class through the Chesapeake Community Services. She is continuing her therapy 2 times a week. She is working on her drivers license. Last night we did get her a car. It's not new, but it seems to be in good shape. It's a 2002 Saturn sedan. Very practical for a baby. As for a job, we are going to a temp agency either tomorrow or Friday and she will need to apply there. We chose a company with an office here and in Blacksburg, just in case she has to end up living in Blacksburg, and hopefully files can be transferred if necessary.

Cheers,
Cathi

Edited to correct dates. I had too many weeks, LOL!

Edited by Optimumsteps (04/10/08 12:37 AM)

#144950 - 04/11/08 04:40 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Well, we are on our way to Blacksburg to pick up Zoey. I just cannot wait to see her. Sofia is so excited to be with her daughter and I just hope she will be able to have her permanently soon!

We are going to Northern VA tomorrow so her great grandparents can finally see her on our side of the family. My mom is so excited and I really hope this will lift both my mom and dad's spirits. I am hoping my brother and his family can make it on Sunday to see Zoey as well. They live an hour away, but they live in MD. We cannot take her out of the state of VA until the final custody hearing.

Anyway, I love you all alot and those of you in Vegas!!! Have a great time!!!

Cheers,
Cathi

#144951 - 05/29/08 11:24 AM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just a little update that I heard from Cathi. The trial was this week. I'm sure she'll be here soon to tell us how it went. She was optimistic going in due to some things the lawyer said.

#144952 - 05/30/08 03:57 AM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I wish your daughter lots of luck...to have her daughter as part of her life forever somehow..and to help baby in life.

#144953 - 06/06/08 06:09 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: orchid]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Cathi, this is Song. How are you and your daughter lately? I've had her on our prayer list for a while and pray all is getting better.
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#144954 - 06/06/08 09:29 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Songbird08]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
We're all anxious to hear from you Cathi, whenever you have the chance! Sending good thoughts your way, JJ

#144955 - 06/07/08 11:40 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

I'm so sorry ladies. I don't know whether I am coming or going sometimes.

Well, I really do not feel comfortable devulging too much information publicly, but I will put it this way. Bad behavior was definitely rewarded. The bottom line was, she chose to live there and have the baby there and if she wants to have the baby 50% of the time, she will have to live there. Commonwealth is starting to sound more like communist wealth.

There is one bit of good news for her, we have another court date on Sep 5 in order to review the situation. This is based on their age and maturity level and how circumstances can change rapidly.

Bottom line is this, Sofia can only have her daughter 8 days out of the month as long as she remains here with us. However, the judge did award both of them joint and physical custody. In other words, he took away the primary custody from the j**k. He told Sofia he would've had her spend equal time with her daughter if she was living there.

I'll try to send more information by private message when I get a chance. On top of it all, I have been working overtime because when I came back to work there was a huge load of it waiting for me.

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#144956 - 06/07/08 11:51 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Cathi, I'm sorry that you and your daughter, as well as your grandaughter have to go through this! I'll be watching and hoping things go in your favor. There is nothing worse than emotional abuse when a woman is so young, although battering is equally evil.

My best wishes to you and your family, good, good luck!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#144957 - 07/11/08 01:45 AM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: dancer9]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi: How are you and yours doing? I pray you are well. Please know God cares, and so do we. I continue to pray and wait in the Lord. He's still working for His children and doing wonders for those who cry out to Him in faith. (Please see Jeremiah 33:3).

Blessings!
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#144958 - 07/14/08 01:50 AM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Songbird08]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thank you Songbird. As funny as it may seem. I see more of God working than ever before.

We are coping well and things are at least better than they had been before.

I really miss all of you very much. I am just trying to catch up with so many things, in particular with work. But, no complaints here, I'm just greatful to have a job and work for a great company.

I'll talk to you all soon! Zoey is getting bigger and she is so delightful. If I knew being a grandma would've been this much fun, I would've done that first!

The Lord is truly an Awesome Father!

I love you all alot!!!

Cathi

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved