The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#144687 - 03/16/08 12:13 AM Wreath's From Silk Flowers
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I think some of you gals know I took last year a class in Foral design one with silk and then with real flowers arrangment . Anyway , my daughter asked me to make her a wreath for St Patrick's Day . I thought to myself how am I going to do that . Well, with much thought to this project I found myself down to my favorite craft store "Michaels" I found a small round wreath form . I found green carnations and green ribbon and some wire had the rest of the material wire cutter and all . I talked with one of the girls at Michael's about how to cut these carnations for the weath . I used about twelve carnations for this wreath and it looks really pretty . I loved it so much and so did my daughter I made myself one and took and picture of it and will post soon.

I don't have time to make a wreath for Easter sense it is only a week away , but will make a larger wreath of all roses out of the same material . I find this so relaxing to sit on the floor at night in the sitting room and work on this wonderful craft project .

I will send off pictures soon . Has anyone ever made wreath before and out of vines? I guess that is my next project I did try using the green tape and wire on this form material , but it was so hard I just stuck the flowers in round wreath form ,it and worked very well.

Just some thought

Renee

#144688 - 03/16/08 04:46 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: Sadie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Can't wait for the pics, Renee...
It's so nice that you found something you enjoy doing.

#144689 - 03/17/08 07:33 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds interesting Renee, waiting to see your masterpiece.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#144690 - 03/18/08 02:21 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: chatty lady]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Renee: So glad you're enjoying such a wonderful craft. I find it relaxing and just a great hobby. I love "playing" with flowers. I've enjoyed decorating and preparing church and banquet halls for weddings and some other church activities. I wish now I had the time to do more of that.

Can't wait to see the pics!

#144691 - 03/18/08 03:01 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: Songbird]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Renee, I cannot wait to see the project! This is something I have always wanted to fool around with and possibly make my next hobby. I love flowers of all kinds. I hope you'll post it soon. I have made a few arrangements for friends like housewarming gifts, but nothing fancy...just a little something. I did do one wreath with the vine. A glue gun is our friend...JJ

#144692 - 03/18/08 03:31 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: jawjaw]
Sadie Offline

Thanks girls , will try to get it posted this week . I have to let Lousia post it for me . she is always doing me favors . Friends.

Renee

#144693 - 03/19/08 08:44 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: Sadie]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Here is Renee's St. Patrick's Day Wreath. Isn't it lovely? Great job, Renee!

#144694 - 03/19/08 08:48 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
HOW LOVELY! Renee, you did a fab job, girl! I love it! How are the carnations attached? Wire or glue gun. I love the little hat on top. Wow...simply adorable! You are very good at this. I can't wait to see what you do next.

And that Louisa...she is such a dear, isn't she? Thanks Ms L for posting that picture.

#144695 - 03/19/08 10:06 PM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
great job Renee

Poet and essayist

#144696 - 03/20/08 12:32 AM Re: Wreath's From Silk Flowers [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Thanks girls , Humm looks like one carnation is bit sitting up . have to fix that . I did not wire them in I just cut the carnations with the wire cutters close to almost to the top of the flower and stuck them in the form and did glue some in . I want to try and make one with Roses . I was hoping some of my friends would ask me to make one for them , but no request yet only from daughter . That's Okay , I found something to relax me

I should learn to get this picture on myself , but having trouble with my old PC freezing on me . Thanks Lousia for posting the picture for me .

One of the girls at the craft store keeping teasing me about being in the store about every day . Had a lots of laughs with those girls . I love Michaels.

Renee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved