The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#144586 - 03/18/08 02:56 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie, my dil grew up in a poor family; fatherless, with 5 brothers and sisters. She lived with her grandmother in her teenage years. She is the first of the family to go to college, which she did on a volley ball scholarship. She majored in special education. She is dedicated to her church, and is ordained as some sort of bishop.

I can understand why my son fell in love with her. I have never met anyone with so much charisma and charm. Wherever she goes she draws people towards her. Not only is her personality so striking, she is beautiful and gets stopped on the streets all the time by modelling agencies.

Two different worlds met and fell in love. But marriage? Hubby and I saw this coming.

#144587 - 03/21/08 08:45 AM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: Edelweiss]
Edelweiss Offline

You know what? I'm in awe.

We all prayed that those horrible posts stop;..and they have.
And now, I got a phone call from my son that he and Nye will work things out, and I have nothing to worry about.
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

Geez...what else can we pray for? This is working!

#144588 - 03/21/08 02:00 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Hannelore, the posts have not stopped exactly, but we can delete them. Your news is much better!! So glad that those are the prayers that are being answered!! This is so good to hear!!

#144589 - 04/07/08 09:16 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Boomer prayer is an astounding thing. I think God likes us and the fact that we care so much about one another.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#144590 - 07/10/08 03:23 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I love boomer prayers!

#144591 - 07/11/08 01:12 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
"Faith, hope and love," and the greatest of these is love!!!

#144592 - 07/19/08 08:02 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Hello friends ! Yesterday was a rainy afternoon, so I took a little video of Anaiya dancing. She’s on the go all day, except when she plays with her dolls. Then she asks Opa and me to be quiet because her dollies are sleeping. We are usually more than happy to comply… pant pant.

Photobucket distorts the image. Anaiya looks so much older, because the picture is out of proportion and stretches her, but you can get an idea how our dancing queen keeps us on our toes. It takes quite awhile to load...so you may be able to make your bed, a cup of coffee, and eat breakfast too. The video lasts about 3 minutes. But takes longer to load.

anaiya dancing

Meanwhile it’s official. Her Mom did not make the Olympic team. Duuuh,… what a surprise. ... When my son called to ask when she’ll be coming home, she said she’s still training, in order to play against the Olympic roster when they practice. Can you believe it?!!

My son then asked, “After a year and a half, don’t you think it’s time to come back to me and your daughter?” She answered no, and she will decide when the time is right.

My son is now in Switzerland, but when he’s back in 9 days, he’ll be going to a lawyer to see what his chances are to get full custody. His chances are only realistic if my husband and I are willing to officially keep Anaiya and raise her, since he is unable to.

I don’t know what to think. My son said his wife sent him a card every week, and she called us almost every day,…except this last week, she called only once. All these different signals are driving us nuts. My son says the only true message his wife is sending is the fact that she doesn’t want to come home.

One thing is for sure. We will always be there for our granddaughter. We told our son he can count on our support. There in no way we could abandon Anaiya, like her mother has.

#144593 - 07/20/08 01:03 AM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dear, Dear Hannelore,
I'm late to the party on this thread but you are such a kind woman, I wanted to give you my experience on this subject.
I have worked in the field of entertainment at the highest levels, you know, sort of achieving what your DIL was trying to do when she wanted to be a world class athelete.

What I know is that many of those who are world class entertainers are so narcisstic that they ignore their children and see them as a "thing," not even as little people!
I've seen them sacrafice their children at the feet of the altar of their "lifes dream," over and over again.

Eric Burdon of the Animals told me once when his adult daughter was in trouble that it was his fault for touring alll through her life.

Dr. John told me the same!

This sort of sacrafice is unthinkable but these sorts are determined to "make it," no matter who gets under thier wheels, you know?

This little girl is so, so, so blessed to have YOU! You and your husband are making the difference that so many children I know needed and did not recieve,

My thoughts are harsh, but come from knowing this sort of "gig."

If that selfish woman cannot stay and love her daughter, making her career second, she is better out of her life than to do the damage of making the girl feel like she is just "in the way!"

My son wrote an essay once as a senior in highschool. It said, "My mother gave up her career when she was at the top just to raise me." (among other things.)

You're damned right, I did. It was waiting when he was older so I waited!

I would do it again, and again, but I know these narcisstic people who sacrafice their wonderful children.

YOU and your husband are wonderful people and this little girls saviors.

Good for you, and you will feel the love from your work and devotion. Love from everyone, not just her. Loving is "catching," and spreads.

Thank you for loving this child, from a woman who was an artists sacrafice.

D9

"Question your privilege"

#144594 - 07/20/08 07:18 AM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have to agree, Anaiya's mother is so full of herself! What a selfish woman -- and delusional too. She still "needs" to practice with the team?? Give me a break -- it's over and she needs to face up to her responsibilities. The first responsibility she should face is to completely give up custody of Anaiya. Frankly, she doesn't deserve that lovely child.

Poet and essayist

#144595 - 07/20/08 08:31 AM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Yes Dancer, I guess narcissism is what her problem is. What a wonderful mother you were and are to recognize your priorities, despite your own dreams.

Funny thing is my DIL doesn't realize we have our dreams too, which we most likely can't fullfill if we have Anaiya to raise. But Hubby and I agree that this little angel is more important than being able to buy a beach house or go on a cruise. Those are just things. She is a light that never goes out.

Hah! Meredith! Well put; “the first responsibility she has to face is giving up custody of Anaiya. “

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved