The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#14430 - 06/11/03 03:03 AM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
hmmmmmm lots of thoughts go through my mind but i'm not sure how to "word them to paper"

it's really hard to see the end of your nose when you're angry and upset and focusing on the pimple half way there

you say you pray and process -- and i hope i say this right -- but maybe instead of praying TO -- try enjoying WITH your Lord -- he can be the best friend you have -- after all -- he's the one that created all the beautiful things out there to focus in on [Smile] you can confide in him like no other and he can fill your heart and soul with things you can't even imagine -- if you let him.

you can look at it as "exercise" that you dread -- or you can look at it as going for a walk with "him" -- and then the times you can get together with your girlfriend -- that's just icing on the cake [Smile]

either that or you can sit in front of the tv watching an exercise show and say -- i really should be doing this -- like I do [Big Grin]

#14431 - 06/11/03 02:11 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Dotsie --

When I re-read my last post -- it sounds like I'm trying to diminish your pain and anger at losing your walking partner and friend -- and for that I apologize --

I know it hurts to lose her -- lose something you looked forward to and enjoyed -- one of those times that made the rest of the day of taking care of everyone else, bills, household duties, etc -- worthwhile and bearable at times. Now the child in you wants to stomp her foot and say NOT FAIR NOT FAIR -- I understand this and feel it myself at times [Smile]

but bottom line sweetheart --- there's nothing in the world you can do about it -- so there's where my other post comes in -- if you can't beat it -- join it [Wink] Your only other choice is to quit completely and wallow in the loss of something that's not only healthy for you but you once truly enjoyed.

#14432 - 06/11/03 02:29 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Dotsie, I too walk alone when the knee and hip allow,but I'm sure not for the time you do. I do all of the above. I pray,listen to nature, and listen to my books on tape.Books on tape make time fly whether walking, cleaning,or driving 3 hours to see the family.Getting those"2 birds with one stone".YAY!

#14433 - 06/11/03 05:08 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love the books on tape idea. Hadn't thought of that one.

Weird. I ordered a book from Amazon and they sent the book on tape. Ahhh...now I know why. I hadn't returned it yet! How funny..... [Eek!]

#14434 - 06/18/03 12:05 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Can I join in the pity-party?
I can sympathise with the loss of your walking partner in that most of my contemporaries seem to be moving away...I have lost count of the number of people from my children's school, our neighbourhood and church that I have missed when they followed the increasing trend here to move away from the city or to follow jobs interstate. Two of my siblings have also done this, and there seems to be a continual flow of people out of my life...as well as everyone getting busier and having no time to stay in contact.More of a writer than a talker, developing new friendhips is quite an energy drain for me, and the shared histories developed over time cannot be replaced.
I haven't had time to go walking since my daughter was born, but prior to that I would do a 40min circuit of our neighbourhood (usually alone but sometimes with a neighbour who has now moved away!)but also with the family dog. Do you have a dog to walk with?

#14435 - 06/18/03 04:12 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, you may join my pity party, but I don't think we should have it for too much longer. Pity parties can get depressing. Not good to wallow in our losses.

I can relate to your friends moving away. There seems to be the same trend here in the U.S. People move quite often for their professions, and others move to bigger houses in the country.

Some make moves that are best for their families and others make moves for bigger and better.

Is enough ever enough? Many from our generation seem to think enough is never enough. [Roll Eyes]

I do have a dog and you are not the first person to mention taking her along for the walk. I have been doing the walk/run thing because I get bored walking...my problem. I think I have ADHD... [Wink]

I am having thoughts of starting a walking club. Not really a club, but just a time and a meeting place to walk each day for anyone interested. Have to pray on this because I don't want to complicate things, but I know there are women who like to walk, talk, and get the exercise we need to keep our sanilty.

Julie, I hope you get out with the dog soon. Walking is so good for the body and mind! Hope you get back to it soon. I started walking when my kids were little. My husband would come through the door at the end of the day and I would take off with a dear friend who has also moved. Great memories! [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved