The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14420 - 02/05/03 06:37 PM I am throwing a pity party!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay this is the second time this has happened to me and I don't like it.

Forgive me while I wallow in pity for a minute!

My walking partner is MOVING!!! [Frown]

Five days a week we contact each other to check in and see how our days look. Too cold in the morning, free in the afternoon..go for it. Kid's game in the afternoon, busy mid-day, walk in the morning even if it is too cold!

We walk about 4 miles very quickly, all the while laughing at our lives, sharing our stories, and not even realizing that we are leaving miles behind us. Escape, therapy, exercise, call it what you want, but I love it!!!

Funny, she is only moving about 1/2 hour away, says we are still going to walk, but I know how a half hour can get in the way of running out the door and being at each other's homes in 3 minutes!

Of course... as with my last dear friend/walking partner who lived a few houses away while we had 6 little ones between us under the age 5, I thank God that He placed her in my life for that period of time...now I am thanking Him for this friend for another stage in life. I still don't like it! [Mad]

Allow me my pity party please! [Big Grin]

#14421 - 02/06/03 04:44 AM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
You're entitled to that pity party Dots! As we have found distance doesn't change the way you feel about someone, it does change day to day life though. I'm imagining that God needs your services in motivating and befriending someone else in that wonderful neighborhood. xo

#14422 - 02/08/03 05:27 AM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I'm a firm believer in Pity Parties --

You fall apart for a few minutes -- cry -- scream -- feel sorry for yourself -- then pick yourself up -- shake yourself off -- and move on -- stronger for it all !!!

You have had a loss -- of something you felt comfortable with and lost -- not of your own choosing -- and you're entitled to feel anger and apprehension and frustration at LOSING --

man -- what a powerful word -- LOSING !!

but, keep your mind and heart open to the possiblity that right around the corner is the reason you had to LOSE in order to RECEIVE [Wink]

#14423 - 02/20/03 04:03 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Room for one more at the party? "Lose in order to receive" wow, lion, I think I'm due for a serious reception at this point. That is a good bit of wisdom though. I've always found eventual gifts, wisdoms, knowledge in my losses, the proverbial blessing in the storm. But today both figuratively and literally, I am finding difficulty finding the blessing. Between the metric tons of snow I've moved and the storm that is brewing in my household with the spouse, I'm feeling battered! So I join the pity party and await the blessing!

#14424 - 02/21/03 04:31 AM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
lionspaaw Offline

oh my -- how do I speak and be understood --

I believe that life is a like a road map. We see outselves getting on a certain road and we can't see the detours, road blocks and stop signs as anything but an annoyance.

Maybe we should consider that the path is one of retreat and regroup -- hit a brick wall? don't keep hitting your head against it -- backup -- take a different path -- eventually we'll find one that just kinda rolls on.

If you're not happy were you're at -- and I'm not talking about piddly little stuff -- but if your soul isn't happy -- life's too short to hang around there.

Look at the snow for the beauty in it -- look at your spouse for the soul he is -- don't let the "piddly crap" cloud your vision -- and if you can't find peace there -- take a different road.

Does that make sense?

I'm all for trying to work things out -- do everything you can to do the right thing -- as society will define it -- but sometimes you have to say enough!

and you know what? If you're wrong -- if you make the wrong decision -- the sun will still come up in the morning [Smile]

#14425 - 02/21/03 04:00 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Lion, You are AWESOME!

#14426 - 02/21/03 04:05 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
lionspaaw Offline

[Big Grin] no Kathryn -- I've just hit my head against that brick wall more times than I care to list [Big Grin]

(p.s) I responded to your email -- but I really won't know if it worked until you try to find it [Smile]

[ February 21, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: lionspaaw ]

#14427 - 03/07/03 03:52 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

update...my friend ismoving in a month and is busy getting ready for the move. We have only walked 2 times since Sunday. [Mad]

I am considering putting the headphones on and heading out alone. Gotta do something because I love being outside and breathing the fresh air too much to break this habit. Any suggestions for making a walk alone more exciting? Maybe I just need to change the focus of my walk from something social to something spiritual. Maybe that will work. Does anyone in here walk alone and if so how do you make it exciting? [Confused]

#14428 - 03/07/03 04:29 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
lionspaaw Offline

Dotsie - I think you're on the right track -- except try leaving the headphones home too. You will be amazed at the sounds of nature -- if you concentrate on them instead of talking with a friend or listening to music. You may be surprised how many different birds you have in your neighborhood -- and the different songs they sing -- maybe you'll discover a nest with new baby birds (I know -- in the summer not now [Smile] )
Pretty soon - as the seasons change - you'll be able to see all the different flowers in peoples yards blooming -- see how many different bushes they may have planted. Bees and butterflies -- all natures children will start "multiplying" around you if you are focusing on that instead of socializing. So don't think of your friend's moving away as an end to your walks -- but the beginning of warming your spirit on a daily basis.
And maybe one of these days -- a neighbor you haven't met yet will pop up and ask to join you [Smile]

#14429 - 06/10/03 01:46 PM Re: I am throwing a pity party!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lion, I am working on warming my spirit as I walk alone, but I still miss my walking partner.
[Mad]

Since she has moved we have walked a little bit, but schedules have been very different this spring.

I am heading out alone today and still having the pity party. I definitely pray and process while I am out there, but it's just not the same. I have to change my frame of mind to make myself look forward to it. It's too much like exercise now! [Roll Eyes]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved