The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#143938 - 03/03/08 09:46 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm retired and to receive a nice check every month plus full insurance coverrage and not pay a dime for it or have to work myself silly is marvelous. I love it...

Yes, I still work but because I want to and then I only take the manuscripts I want to take, no pressure and then of course my hobby is making afghans. But it is so wonderful to not have to be anywhere, at anytime, with anyone I don't wnat to be with...SIGH!!!! I recommend it wholeheartedly...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#143939 - 03/04/08 07:03 AM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Chatty we should all be so lucky.
I'm proud of you and sooooo happy for you!
You deserve it.
YOU, like so many of the other ladies, are one of a kind!

#143940 - 03/04/08 11:45 AM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: gims]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Chatty, you've mentioned this before. I'm assuming by "full insurance coverage" you mean Medicare. Medicare "A" is the only part that's free and it only covers hospitalization. Over here, we still have to have another insurance plan or one of the other Medicare plans to pay for doctors visits, tests, meds,et. Are the Medicare laws different in Nevada? My husband has Med A but it certainly isn't enough. I now carry him on my insurance plan and it's very costly for a family plan, which is what I have to have.

#143941 - 03/04/08 11:46 AM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

...and even that isn't "full" coverage. We have to pay co-pays on meds and doctor visits and some tests and use of the emergency room.

#143942 - 03/04/08 07:05 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you so much for all your replies here up to now..I am going to read and reread them again because my mind is whirling..altho my money status brings me back to stillness like a rock..there is reality there. I have to see to it that I can survive moneywise and still have some over to do alittle of what I want to do..but no big things..that will probably tax my economy too much..

Mountain Ash.."not being at work means recreating a circle..one that is acceptable and kind. I have done this". Now that kind fo hits the nail on the head for me, I think. Thank you!

#143943 - 03/04/08 07:08 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..?? [Re: gims]
humlan Offline

Gims, "I welcome the "good"tired it brings"..this is important..not to look too far ahead and perhaps be grateful for what one has right now..even if it´s not perfect. But then what is??? My job is meaningful..and I believe in what I do..I know that. And I feel as tho I still have something to give..sooo..hmmm...

#143944 - 03/04/08 07:11 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Chattylady..I was hoping that you would show up here because I have felt that you are quite satisfied in your retirement..and quite busy..at your own speed. I sort of plan to have something to keep me busy when the time comes,too..like maybe writing that book or whatever..but you seem to be HERE and NOW..and I really love that!

Thank you!

#143945 - 03/04/08 08:50 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My pleasure Humlan...
And Louisa, I have Medicare parts A&B, but also have Senior Deminsions, they take care of everything for members. I pay $2.15 for a 90 day supply of any medications I might need to take. They also pick up the payment deducted for part B Medicare which is $93.50 a month. To belong is absolutely free, so I am more than satisfied with them...

#143946 - 03/04/08 11:25 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

thanks, chatty. I've never heard of that one. I will have to look into it. Working in healthcare, I usually know all of them. We found it costly, but the best thing for us, to add my husband to my healthcare plan at work. I'm on several meds and he is on two so our co-pays alone are considerable.

#143947 - 03/09/08 08:14 PM Re: What are the pros and cons of being retired..? [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Louisa, what about trying Wal-Mart, now many of their drugs are only $4.00 for a thirty day supply. Thats worth checking on too. My neighbor who isn't old enough for Medicare yet transfered her prescriptions and saves $70.00 a month using Wal-Mart...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved