The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#143835 - 07/14/08 08:50 PM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
MustangGal, are you looking to relocate? I asked because here in Vegas plenty of people keep horses right on their property and there is alot of acerage availalble with places for stable and horses. You say selling may take a year or ao, so you should get started now then before you know it, bang, home sold.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#143836 - 07/15/08 01:08 PM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mustang, selling here is awful. Homes have been on the market for way too long. You might want to wait until the market changes a bit so you can get more for your home?

#143837 - 07/15/08 02:15 PM Re: Move now or Later?
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Mustang, since this thread started, we purchased a new home, moved and now have our house on the market. It's only been on the market for a week and people are complaining that we are asking too much and the agent is encouraging us to lower the price by 4 grand.

A year or two ago, we would have gotten 10 grand more and the house would have sold in a minute. Unfortunately, we were not able to hold on for the market to change, but if it is at all possible, I encourage you to hold out.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#156797 - 08/18/08 09:38 PM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anno, any luck with the house? This is a miserable market to sell. The only people who really benefit in this market are first time buyers, and my son was lucky enough to be one.

Your comment about a year or two ago is the very same for our area too.

#157770 - 08/27/08 01:44 AM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: Dotsie]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Every time I see this post, I think of the song "Should I stay or should I go..." I love the song. Have you heard it. It could be your new mantra.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#157856 - 08/28/08 12:39 AM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: Saundra]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Saundra I fell in love with that song after the movie where the blonde gal played an alien who fell in love with her earthling subject (Dan Akroyd, I think)...
'have you ever wanted to go, but you wanted to stay...'
George Burns, wasn't it? Or am I thinking of another tune?

#173991 - 02/08/09 07:52 AM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: Edelweiss]
fernal Offline

Loc: CA
I have a 4 bed 2 bath and would move if something were to happen to my husband - I am not very handy. I am a whiz at the finances but can't hammer a nail. I know that as my body grows old that I will want something smaller.
I have had senior clients in large homes all by themselves with ton of clutter and in disrepair and they are very lonely yet emotionally attached to the house. I say, let it go, it's just a house- your time, money, and health will be better served in a smaller residence in your senior years- (and you know when that is)

#173992 - 02/08/09 08:50 AM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: fernal]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Fernal those are exactly my thoughts too. Only I would prefer to move as long as my husband is alive…so he can help pack! But if my husband should die before me, I would sell the house in a flash for the same reasons. We have so many technical things going on in our house,...and before I cause an explosion, I would leave it. Lol.

It's really hard, because we love our house,…but I feel isolated already here in the country. The real-estate market in Germany is at a standstill. No buyers right now. So that is another factor; - you don't want to undersell just to get away.

I'm toying with the idea of vactioning at the Villages in Florida, just to see how community living is like there. I would have to drag my husband by the hair, though, to get him through those portals.

#173998 - 02/08/09 01:17 PM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

fernal, I totally agree. While I love our home, I am definitely thinking of paring down. Who needs all the space and stuff? For now, it's working because one daughter is with us, and our son visits often from NY. But I can see the day coming when I'd rather have something small and easy to care for.

My dad lives in a two bedroom apartment. He's gone through almost all his belongings and pretty much has the bare necessities. I love that simple lifestyle and aspire to have it one day. Less is best.

EW, I like your idea of trying out a community before making a move. Please let us know if you go to Florida. I have a feeling you'll have soem visitors.

#174049 - 02/08/09 10:57 PM Re: Move now or Later? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I also agree Edelweiss and have begun trying to clutter down my home. I have been getting rid of many things for the past several months. I just found out about a place looking for books. Its a Hospice, and I am packing up literally dozens of like new books to send over to them. That will take a lot off my shoulders, I was going to try to sell them but hated to even think about the hassle.

After selling this home, I don't want to buy another one. I wouldn't mind assisted living where you have your own apartment and they have restaurants etc., for residents. I don't want to own anything much to have to leave behind, just stuff easy to throw away like clothes etc.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved