The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#14311 - 03/29/06 09:09 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Hi Bliss (aka #5).
I'm not sure what you mean by "he's not completely wrong." When you marry someone with kids, you marry the whole family. My beloved husband married me when I had two boys living at home. The younger one stole my husband's 3000 CD collection. My husband never blamed me, never called me ungrateful. He was angry at Jesse, for sure. But he didn't walk away. That was four years ago and he has supported me emotionally, shown up in court for Jesse, and just been there without resentment.

Your soon-to-be ex- has chosen to be "driven nuts" by the situation. It's his choice, not your actions. Care for him, but don't pick up his stuff.

It sounds like your next step is to determine what you need to live on without his support. Perhaps check with a lawyer or mediator regarding a separation agreement. He probably has to support you to some extent and you shouldn't have to put up with his abuse to get money.

Put a plan in place to get to the money you need and take the first step.

In love and support

#14312 - 03/30/06 12:38 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thanks again for the advice casey. I forgot to mention that my step-daughter came to stay with my daughter, GD and I to drive Katie around while her license had been revoked and help with GD as needed.

Since she has been there she has put nearly 1,000 mi. on my car and only 1/2 of them are from driving Katie around. Her dad says my car is in his name and his daughter can drive it as much as she wants.

Also, just as soon as they took Katie away, his daughter went in Katie's room and started rummaging through her drawers and taking her clothes to wear. She started using and may already have taken her expensive makeup and I checked the ser#'s on my daughter's phone as opposed to my stepdaughter's because Katie had bought a new cell ph. just like my stepdaughter's. All she would have had to do is switch the SIM cards....

She takes my GD places and tries to tell me how to care for her. I have told her NOT to take my GD anywhere! without my permission.

My stepdaughter sleeps with anyone, anytime and even brought a strange guy into our home and in my daughter's bed. I told her never to bring a stranger into our home again.

As soon as I find out what my new schedule at work is, I'm sending her back home. She is a thief, a liar and a manipulator just like her dad.

I can't wait to be on my own. [Mad]

#14313 - 03/31/06 08:41 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Casey Offline

Good grief! Get rid of that one! I'm so glad to hear you talking about self-care and boundaries. When you do send her back, change the locks on your new place.

BWS will be the wind beneath your wings as you soar to new heights!

#14314 - 03/31/06 06:29 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

Thank you casey. I haven't quite figured the SD out yet. I just found this am that she was trying to run off with Katie's new hair straightening iron that she paid a lot of money for.

I can't believe her!! She's like a vulture. Then she turns around and buys A a felt postcard kit so she can send postcards to her mommy.

I think the girl has never had ANY boundaries and has no morals. She just takes whatever she can get and whatever people give her and gives as she feels like it without any regard to personal space.

#14315 - 03/31/06 07:45 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Casey Offline

Honey, you don't need to figure her out. You need to set your own bounderies with her. Can you have her leave today? I'm sure there is someone else who can help you. There are many good people around without putting up with that nonsense. And nonsense it is.

Yes, she has problems. But she will never deal with them until people say, "No, this is not acceptable." Consider throwing her out the kindest thing you could do for her, you and GD. If nothing else, think of the lessons your precious GD is learning from her. By showing your SD boundaries, you are letting GD know she will have them too. If you don't, well...

Energy and power and love to you!

#14316 - 04/01/06 01:58 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

Casey, she is leaving Sunday to go back home!!

I cut the use of my car to only when I say it can go somewhere. She had even hung her stuff from the rear view mirror and put all her CD's and things in there like it was her car....

Today, after she met her dad for lunch, she took it upon herself to sit and have a heart to heart with me re her dad. She told me its just not going to work out between the two of us and that her dad told her that having little Aaliyah with us isn't the problem-that the problem is ME...how convenient for him.

His friends all think he is wonderful. They know he yells at me and shoves me and kicks the door down and treats me like s^%$#, but they all just think he is the greatest guy.

Maybe I'm missing something, and after a while you have to wonder if maybe they are right. Maybe the "problem" is me.

#14317 - 04/01/06 05:22 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The problem is that you are still there allowing this a--wipe of a husband to treat you so badly. Get the heck out of there as far and as fast as possible. Don't even look back, don't talk to or see this man and then and only then will your life change for the better. Why should you give a dam what his 'stupid' friends think? You need to realize once and for all that he is a devil and thats the truth....

#14318 - 04/01/06 09:46 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Casey Offline

Chatty Lady is right!

"His friends all think he is wonderful. They know he yells at me and shoves me and kicks the door down and treats me like s^%$#, but they all just think he is the greatest guy."

What does this tell you about his friends? They KNOW he abuses you and that's OK????? It's NOT ok. Don't ever ever let anyone make you think that abuse is ok. No one "deserves" abuse. That's a myth made up by the abuser to justify their actions because they know in their heart of hearts that what they are doing is wrong.

You are missing the beauty of YOU.

Take your SD's stuff out of your car. Boundaries. Boundaries. I'm so glad she's leaving. Tell her that discussing your relationship with your father is not an option. Put your walls up strong and hard. You need them right now.

We will always love you and be here for you.

#14319 - 04/01/06 11:50 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by Number5:
His friends all think he is wonderful. They know he yells at me and shoves me and kicks the door down and treats me like s^%$#, but they all just think he is the greatest guy....
after a while you have to wonder if maybe they are right. Maybe the "problem" is me.

Of course his friends think he's the "greatest guy." He drinks with them and supplies them with pharmaceuticals. He is useful to them. And they are not the ones being kicked and shoved.

Of course you are the only one in the situation so you are the only one who knows the whole story and you are the only one who can decide what to do. We're just spectators standing outside the ring yelling "defend yourself!"

But we will respect your decision whatever it is.

smile

[ April 01, 2006, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#14320 - 04/02/06 01:04 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

I'm getting out Smile, because no matter who is right or wrong, its not working. If I were an outside "spectator" I would see a gregarious man who has many "friends". He has delivered the mail for 21 yrs. He and I are as opposite as day and night. What he wants from life is to get up, go to work, come home, take a nap, go to the bar or the Elks Lodge, drink between 12 and 16 Michelob lights with shots in between, hang out with his friends and chit chat until @11 pm., if he's feeling certain urges, he does his thing with someone, whoever...I don't think he's any more promiscuous than any other man of his ilk.

He wears jeans shorts and a t-shirt and Reeboks all the time. That's it. He lines his shirts up as to whether they are t's or collared. He lines his Reeboks up in perfect order.

He wants a "simple" life and doesn't want anything interfering with his drinking, has never wanted to be around children and doesn't understand why himself. He has a terrible temper and by his own admission is angry all the time. Wants his mate to focus on him and them and only him and them. Smokes excessively. Has oxycodone now and muscle relaxers. Is being tested for HIV and Hepatitis C among other things.

I'm moody, temperamental, creative, colorful, alturistic, ethereal, love change and excitement. I love to read and he hates books, I love to write and he can't hold a pen. I love children and he can't stand to be around them, I love God and he makes fun of and can't tolerate anyone who is even slightly "religious".

So, Smile, that's the truth about him. I'm not making any of it up or embelishing it.

I'm jealous, maternal, loving and caring.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved