The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#14301 - 03/27/06 07:07 PM Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
My husband and I join a young couple for a fine dining night out once a month. We had reservations at a very nice restaurant but had to cancel them because I couldn't make it home from work in time. Instead, we went to Olive Garden with them.

Immediately when I got in the car with them, I sensed something almost tangible, something bad, something dark. We drove to the restaurant and we all ordered our drinks, now this 26 yr. old guy and his 24 yr. old girlfriend love to drink but he only ordered a glass of wine and she ordered a Root beer.

We chatted and my husband, of course, drank one glass after the other and finally ordered a whole huge bottle. I can't explain why, but I looked over at Nick and asked, "Why did you have blood work done, Nick?" He looked at me with dark rings around his eyes and said, "What makes you think I had blood work done?" I told him I just knew. They all think I'm a bit weird anyway so that didn't amaze them all that much.

Then his girlfriend, a recent graduate of Stetson University, said, "Nick almost died last night." She told how he stopped breathing and his eyes rolled back in his head. She couldn't get a pulse but she had taken pain pills also and wasn't much help.

She tried cpr and slapping him in the face but no response. The building maintenance man's girlfriend who is a registered nurse came in, took his pulse and there was none, she called 911 and administered cpr to him until they arrived. He had to be put in the tub of water at the hospital and basically overdosed himself to near death.

They were both shaken and looked lost. I had the opportunity to tell Nick that God had a purpose for his life or he WOULD have died, that the registered nurse didn't just happen to be there. I told him we didn't want to lose him, that we want to go to their wedding someday.

Here's the kicker, my husband has been giving him pain pills he gets from the VA for his "disability". If Nick had died, it would have been in part my husband's fault. My husband scolded Nick for not calling him because, as he put it, "I could have talked you out of it." How the hell do you talk someone out of dying of an overdose??!!

What a loser!!

#14302 - 03/27/06 07:22 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh number5,

What a story - what a miracle!

Danita

#14303 - 03/28/06 08:26 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
number5, did the hospital do anything to get him help for his problems?

Your husband's drinking still scares me. Do you feel in control when you are with him?

#14304 - 03/28/06 08:48 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Bliss (aka #5), wow. Glad your friend is o.k.

I have the same fears as Dotsie. I have to ask who was driving? Your husband seems like a very troubled man. The more you do to disentangle from him in every way, the easier your life will become, I believe.

Thoughts and prayers for you today.

#14305 - 03/28/06 12:04 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Does your husband realize that he not only endangered his friend's life, he broke the law? He is distributing drugs and that is illegal. He could recieve a prison term.

If he was driving while taking drugs, he is breaking other laws as well as endangering innocent lives. If he is addicted, those issues may be of no meanint to him, but you should be very careful not to get entangled in his web. And your daughter should be especially vigilant.

Prayer coming your way.

smile

#14306 - 03/28/06 02:18 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Number 5:Glad your friend is ok now. But what a moment! I'd be weary regarding hubby too! Please, take care of yourself!

[ March 27, 2006, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#14307 - 03/28/06 02:39 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I can't believe he felt well enough to go out to dinner! I hope the poor guy gets some help. How scary.

You had that empathic thing going again, right? Amazing.

#14308 - 03/28/06 03:26 AM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Number5, Once again I have to ask, why are you still with this man, not in his home, not being supported or comforted or loved by him, yet enabling his every mean and hateful move against you and your daughter and Grandbaby by even speaking kindly to him? Its none of my business yet from all your 'negative' posts regarding this man, I must admit I am dumbfounded. [Roll Eyes] I thought I was the biggest pushover on the planet but you my dear are right up there next to me....

[ March 27, 2006, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#14309 - 03/29/06 06:38 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

He just doesn't care. He feels no remorse or responsibility for the young man. We were talking about it yesterday and he said, "Well, I hope he's learned his lesson." Yet, he gives the guy these things and then buys him shots too....!

How can he call himself this guy's friend. I'm diligently working to disentangle myself from his sordid life...

#14310 - 03/29/06 07:21 PM Re: Almost lost friend Saturday Night!
NewLeaf Offline

Oh, and Chatty, to answer your question, he holds the purse strings right now. He is the one who pays my auto insurance, my cell phone bill, the rent, and is there as a financial cushion with health insurance. He knows that and says I'm fu***in ungrateful and that he is innocent in this deal. Claims he married me not my whole family. I can see his point in this, but I'm a package deal. He's heading toward retirement in a few months and moving to a retirement community for retired postmen. No kids allowed... He says I'm determined to drive him nuts, so you see, he's not completely wrong. I couldn't help what has happened though and it just is what it is and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't want to live with him for the rest of my life the way he is.

I hate it that I'm financially dependent on him right now. I only make $10 an hour and that's not enough to support myself and Aaliyah especially since I have the added expense of daycare now. I feel so humiliated that I have to tolerate his horrible attitude and temper.

But with God's help, it won't be for long. I'm a softy and I do care for him I'm sorry for that. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. He does have a lot of health issues. It would suck to be him.... [Frown]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved