The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#142621 - 04/08/08 05:56 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, please tell us about the graduation. I've had lots of graduations in recent years and will have a son graduating in June. Pour it on!

#142622 - 04/08/08 06:02 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you..thank you..dear friends! it really is weird..as you wrote, Chattylady..you ARE my friends..eventho we have never met!

It´s snowing outside again..the spring is blown away..and I am pensive today..this forum awakes so many thoughts AND shows so many new paths to follow..

I´ve been to work and back..and I had BIG plans to go for a walk and do some cycling indoors..but I am feeling pensive..listening to Celine Dion again..which is a good sign..haven´t lost it yet..soaking up warmth and love thru the music and associations thereof..

Ok,I am going to write this..eventho it´s a bit uncomfortable for me..my 18 yr old son gave me a judgemental whip when he got home..I had mixed a vodka and soda water..and he said..AGAIN! Of course, he had forgotten that he and his friends had finished off my bottle of vodka the other nite..but I am hyper about such moralization..experienced it with my former hubby so often..about my whiskey, my music choice, my choice of clothes, my laughter when we lost our daughter..so I am sitting here with you, trying to put myself together again..crazy or NOT??? Maybe I need more vodka?? No, I think that some yoga is called for and some practical work in the kitchen after having made dinner for my hungry son..yes, the very same 18yr old!

Lots of hugs to you all!

Thank you for being there..my dear friends..

#142623 - 04/20/08 12:08 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Hi again! Just checking in..Ihad a really weird day with alot of aha experiences right here on this forum..dispersed with some heated discussions with my son,spilling something all over the stove.etc. Then a dear and close friend called me around 1am..she knows I still up..feeling very disgusted with herself and her unorganized family..and what set her off was the vacuum cleaner that wouldn´t work..she was going to vacuum at a bout 12am..she´s also a night owl so I listened to her woes..knowing that I am just the same..and so is my whole family..like hers..and this was so liberating for the both of us. She could have a glass wine and a cig and get to bed after our talk. And I took my walk outside underneathe the moon and dark sky..feeling happy..thanks to her call..and the human that she is..or the angel? This is my friend that lost her husband almost a year ago now..good friends are such a blessing..as is this forum..and my son..who heard some of my conversation with my friend on the phone, mouthed :"I love you". I mean..can it get any better??

So thanks for everything..and good nite to all..I am signing out from Sweden..

#142624 - 04/20/08 03:18 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, Humlan, thanks for sharing this about your son especially mouthing the words to you. You know, this forum can be quite transformative. I've changed in many ways since being here. It sounds like you are noticing your blessings in the moment. I'm real, real glad for you! L, PL

#142625 - 04/20/08 01:17 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm better, today; heard a great sermon by a TV Evangelist.
It changed a negative, into a more positive, self-image.
Anytime I can get an uplift of the spiritual type, I'm grateful. Life has been difficult lately, to say the least.
Hope all of you have a great day!!!

#142626 - 04/20/08 02:05 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Jabber..I hear you! My life has been a bit difficult,too..so it´s so NICE when something comes along to lighten it up! I am pleased for you..and wishing you a wonderful Sunday! Spring has come to Sweden..the day is magic!!!

Thank you, L,PL!!!

#142627 - 04/21/08 05:42 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Checking in on a Monday..found some new whiskey..that is very very good..so I don´t think that I can be too deep this evening (Swedish time).

The weather is lovely here..spring in the air..gorgeous! Had a good day with the kiddies..One of my kids had commented on another boy´s long hair..and this boy complained to me about it..I called him over and said," Do you know who has long hair? Hard Rockers..and you can´t get any tougher than that" And I went on to ask,"And do you know why they have long hair?? So they can head bang" and then I proceeded to show him how this is done! Boy, were his eyes big!!! And the boy with the long hair was very grateful

Well, signing off from Sweden..I am going to watch a movie and eat my sushi..

PLEASE check in here, ladies..it doesn´t matter if you spent the day reading a book in bed or in your garden..it´s fun to hear what everyone is doing..now and again! and it gives me the right to do what I want,too not that I need it, I know..but anyhooo... HUGS!

#142629 - 04/21/08 06:12 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

Anne
putting a home together is such a pleasure.Yours sounds very welcoming for you to return to after working.Isnt it great to spend hard earned money?
Mountain ash

#142630 - 04/21/08 06:16 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Checking in as requested Humlan.
Its more Spring like here...may even cut grass soon.The evening sun is making the nearby barn a glow of warm sandstone.My day was busy..we filled every hour catching up on various things.Glad its evening and I am relaxing.
Mountian ash

#142631 - 04/21/08 06:54 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This week in Vegas it has cooled off again, in the mid seventies and breezy. Too cold now again for the pool, drat!
I was asked to be on a radio show here in Nevada on Thursday evening. The show airs at midnight, live, and one never knows what the host will be speaking to you about. It sounds like fun and there hasn't been a man born yet that can out-think or out-banter me, so it should be interesting.
We are on Pacific time and the number is (347)838-9419 for any nightowls out there, if you want to join in.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved