The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#142531 - 02/16/08 08:06 PM How are you today? Check in!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't know if this will work, but it has worked in groups that I have for dance productions. Everyone gets to talk a moment about how their day is going so they all can work together easier!

My day today, 2/15/2008 is not so well because I have a kidney problem that I have been having tests on. There is still not diagnosis so only pain and symptoms so far..

Monday is my next round of tests!

Other than that, I will dance when I get off my computer today!

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#142532 - 02/16/08 09:11 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm waiting for my nail polish to dry, and will then meet a friend for yogurt. Tonight I will pack my car and get everything ready for craft show tomorrow.

Poet and essayist

#142533 - 02/16/08 09:22 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

I spent an hour gardening today.The wind had blown an arch with a fragrant cematis on it.We pruned the plant and disgarded the arch.I raked the grass a robin kept me company.
I scattered last years leaf mould on a flower bed.I scrubbed the bird bath.This is me at my best...flowery wellington boots fleece and a smile.
MA

#142534 - 02/16/08 11:32 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Tired...worn out. My shoulders and back are sore from shoveling and ice picking....my brain is sore from viewing only white and gray out the window. So, we spent the entire day inside wandering around even though there's so much to do....just taking a "time out" ....just woke up from a wonderful nap.

#142535 - 02/17/08 12:53 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I just spent a few hours with my granddaughter. Most fun I've had all week!

#142536 - 02/17/08 01:11 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

My goodness, Meredith! If you are not thinking you are doing something! I wish I had your energy!
dancer

#142537 - 02/17/08 01:14 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

That sounds like such a nice day, Mountain Ash!
I wish I had joined you!
dancer

#142538 - 02/17/08 01:17 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Sounds like you really needed that nap, Lady Jane!
Please take good care and rest as much as you'd like! Resting is as important as exercise but some forget!
dancer

#142539 - 02/17/08 02:04 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I had a lousy day at work and after spending time in the forums I feel much better about everything. I love this place.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#142540 - 02/17/08 02:10 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Saundra]
dancer9 Offline

Wow, I finished my day running around our base here where we have the "airplane graveyard," for the military, meaning we have MILES of dead planes, taking photos.

I have a friend who likes the different planes in the graveyard so I went around taking pictures of all sorts of planes for him!

Uh huh.

dancer

#142541 - 02/17/08 02:22 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Great today...but tired. Despite the cold weather, we had a GREAT market day!

Tomorrow is Dad's 80th birthday dinner...sad I cannot make it though. I HATE being so far from family.

Tomorrow also marks a two-day local show for the American Legion. Wonder what's in store! It's a fundraiser event for Girls' State...ever hear of it?? Here's a link...

http://www.legion-aux.org/MO-Programs/GirlsState/index.aspx

Edited by Di (02/17/08 02:23 AM)

#142542 - 02/17/08 02:05 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Di]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Interesting link, Di.

It's early here, but I have been awake since 3:00 am. Dennis has been talking (no screaming) in his sleep and tossing and turning. No matter what I would do he would not wake up. He finally woke up when he fell out of bed.

Such a sense of humor he has, though. As I am trying and trying to pick him up, he is calling himself a sack of potatoes and laughing.

So, I am tired, but in a good mood. Life is interesting.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#142543 - 02/17/08 02:28 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
dancer,
Ever tried that new medication they just came out with for the kidneys and/or bladder...It's called AZO. It seems to clean out the urinary track of toxins. Don't know. But it may be worth a try???? The tiny, brown pills work the best!

#142544 - 02/17/08 02:30 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Good day, so far. Got up. Watched Joel Osteen. Went for a walk in the park after breakfast. Came in here. Now going to work on a manuscript. Prayers and blessings to everyone!

#142545 - 02/17/08 03:44 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

dancer
hope you are feelong better today.
MA

#142546 - 02/17/08 03:58 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sunday and no church for me.
My son came home for the weekend and I cooked at lunch time so he could return to his flat in the early afternoon.My son cleaned ALL my windows..outside.No effort wheras I would take ages.
The sun is shining but the countryside is bare..I see where I have worked in the garden and where I must go...I actually like this...creating order after wind/snow and rain. We have one third of an acre so grass trees and landscaped.Once put in order the garden works well for its self.I have favourite corners and sitting areas.I hope by early April to be content That I have pruned and moved things.
The evening meal will be easy.After which the binds come down and either TV or a video will finish my weekend.
Bath and a good book last thing..
MA

Edited by Mountain Ash (02/17/08 03:59 PM)

#142547 - 02/17/08 04:40 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Why thank you for asking Dancer. Sorry to hear about your kidney pain. Hope it’s not a stone! Let us know how you are doing.
I bet photographs of an airplane graveyard could win a contest. Gee, I never ever thought of airplanes being in a graveyard. But of course…why not?

My son and his wife (Nye) are visiting over the weekend. I’m stealing away right now, since they can baby sit for a change, and I can work on my new homepage creation. It’s wonderful having them here. Everything is cozy and sweet. We just built a street of pillows to chase Anaiya across. In the end we were all lying exhausted on the floor and Anaiya stood on the highest pillow clapping her hands and squeeling “more!”

Love to all and have a wonderful Sunday.

#142548 - 02/17/08 05:40 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

How wonderful, Hannelore! It sounnds ideal for a Sunday! Every one together should make your granddaughter feel safer and let her mind rest when Mom's away!

My day started with the kidney pain so my next test is tomorrow, a CAT with Dye to look for stones! I am just so frustrated because I get to dancing and feeling really good about things and then something else seems to get to my body and give it trouble! I MUST come to a place where it finally settles down on me! I can dance, well, now, and avoid pain, but I hit Menopause, early by doctors standards and now kidney trouble. ARGH! I am frustrated!

I feel when I dance, like I am Superman who has kyptonite in his area and so cannot get strong enough! Must be a lesson here. I've never "talked," (typed,) to people more in my whole life than these past years when my body broke down!
I am so used to not talking and showing that maybe I am growing a voice. Still, I want my body back! It's never enough to cripple me, it's always just enough to slow me down!
Okay, enough B*itching! Sorry all, I'm really an "up," person and the fact that I felt okay complaining means I'm really starting to trust and the site is starting to work for me!

dancer,
PS. Hows everyone else?

#142549 - 02/17/08 06:07 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

I must learn to live like Mountain Ash.
I am already taking notes!

dancer

#142550 - 02/17/08 06:08 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Mountain Ash. I feel it may take a procedure.

Dancer

#142551 - 02/17/08 06:11 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

I will look into it, Jabber, thanks.
dancer

#142552 - 02/17/08 06:45 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, I'll be anxious to hear your results. Think of us covering you in prayer and good thoughts while having your test. It will help!

MA, gardening? You licky duck! Our ground is frozen, but I have faith that lots is going on under there so that as soon as it warms up, things will begin popping.

We went to the early service, only aobut 30 people, very intimate, held in our chapel. We served coffe for Coffee Hour. Then I hung out with 11 middle schoolers as a seb teacher. It was rather interesting. They all have cell phones, Ipods, love music, sports, video games and getting interested in the opposite sex.

Came home and ate a quick lunch before going to the mall to get FIL a birthday gift. Also got myself a rain coat because I am going to our Inner Harbor tomorrow morning where they will be filming The Early Show (CBS). I was invited to be there to represent the NABBW. I'm taking my NABBW sign and hope to get some free air time! Then hit the food store to get a cake and cards. Home to relax a bit. Considering calling friend to walk after hanging out with all of you for a bit.

#142553 - 02/17/08 06:49 PM Re: How are you today? Check in!
dancer9 Offline

The Early Show? How wonderful for you! Congratulations!

dancer

#142554 - 02/17/08 06:52 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

I must come back to tell...tonight as dark came the sky was flame red..so much so the east sky became almost puple.It was as if an artist use ALL the scarlet and crimson paint he owned.This is a sign of frost but no matter this fed my soul.
MA

#142555 - 02/17/08 07:19 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Oh, MA, the artist was indeed there. I, too, see each sky as an artist. Amazing!

#142556 - 02/17/08 07:21 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Today is another day of digging out. The gargae's drain is frozen....so nothing drains. The roof is full so need some shoveling. I ewant to drink vidka and cranberry juice and watch the Daytona 500 50th anniversary....what's a human to do?

#142557 - 02/17/08 07:23 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

...and hubby has Jimmy Buffett blasting from the garage (now known as the wading pool)...intellectually I know what needs doing....emotionally, I have many other ideas,,,

#142558 - 02/17/08 09:07 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Very very spiritual day..thanks for this thread, dancer! I wanted to share..but didn´t know how..but this is the place. Thank YOU!!!

I went home to my daughter´s house where one of my grandkids, Molly, had her 9th birthday. A friend came too..a woman today..but a child to me many years ago..she told me about a dream she had about my daughter..on the night that she died. She dreamed that her grandfather (who died a year ago then) came to pick her up and play by the swings in our special park..then..my friend, N. was a bit sad because she asked her grandfather if she could come along and play..but her grandfather said,no..not this time. She and family staid at their country cottage one extra nite which they never did otherwise. When she came to school that morning, her teacher was crying..and she understood because of her dream that my Susan, her friend had died. This woman of today, N., is a unique combination of capability and warmth..so her story of her dream has more power..because of the woman she is today. N. has no family of her own nor a relationship that she calls her own. But we have made contact via facebook..and today she moved my world. I went for a walk later in the evening..with stars and the moon...and felt the presence of my daughter, Susan..very very closely..more than I have for a looong time.

My youngest son was in the country this week-end with his older brother and his nephew, my daughter´s oldest child. Apparently, they discussed a song that goes: I want this train to break down..so I can be where I don´t need to be..hmmm....

Talk about the movement of the spheres! I am totally blown by all this...and drinking whiskey to find perspective again.

To top it all off, my daughter burned her palm on the stove..she has at least 3 rd degree burns..and is in alot of pain. She is concluding her last months in her nursing studies and should be working tomorrow in a hospital. The question is..can she..considering the risk of infection? I will probably have to help her out with her youngest who is sick with very high fever..I am blown guys. Totally blown!!!

Life..yes, life...

#142559 - 02/17/08 09:13 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
humlan Offline

Anno..you are a remarkable woman..in the quiet..and your husband..well, your courage and love of life..both of you..gives me so much!!!

I am laughing with you..and here´s hoping you both ended up where you wanted to be

Oh, yes..this thing we call life...

#142560 - 02/17/08 09:18 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

This thread is a "Here and Now" discussion.Shared when we want to say something.
A place to say what is important. I look forward to many posts.
Humlan your day sounds special. Too moving to just say anything now (about Susan)
And as for the burn..poor woman .The palm has such padded skin keep us posted how it goes.
MA

#142561 - 02/17/08 09:21 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Dancer..I am keeping my fingers crossed..and praying my way..via yoga..you understand that, I think? Always some tests to worry about when we are so YOUNG..right????

Glad to hear that you did some dancing..that must be a big help and a big boost..I am so thankful when I can get thru a "greeting to the sun" in yoga..or walk swiftly up a hill during my walks

You fly, girl!!! Because you know how..and don´t ever forget that! I sure don´t!! You give me wings too. Thank YOU!!!

#142562 - 02/17/08 09:28 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Ladyjane..hope you had some of that vodka and cranberry juice..

sometimes life s--ks. doesn´t it? In a very bothersome way! Here in Sweden we had 6 centigrade which would be about 40F. Crazy, right? We should be having the snow problems and winter weather now. Scarey..but that´s another topic altogether

LOVE and good luck!

#142563 - 02/17/08 09:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Mountain Ash, thank you.

#142564 - 02/17/08 09:39 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I´d like to just send a reminder about the Princess, our dear friend here, that is having a very very difficult time right now. Perhaps she would like to write something here, if she could, and get some TLC along the way.

HUGS and LOVE to you, Princess..wherever you are right now!

#142565 - 02/17/08 11:11 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Anno Offline

Humlan, you have touched my very soul today. Thank you.

#142566 - 02/17/08 11:28 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Humlan!
You are so kind. Keep taking in the sun.
Stay centered, and stay ok, right? right.
Dancer

#142567 - 02/17/08 11:32 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

This post was just MAGIC! (Humlan!)

dancer

#142568 - 02/17/08 11:36 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

I played Jimmy Buffet's club, the Margaritaville twice, in New Orleans. That man is a corporation!

dancer

#142569 - 02/17/08 11:37 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

lol, a little Vodka and Cranberry never hurt anyone!
dancer

#142570 - 02/18/08 06:17 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

A Typical Day at the Market

Alarm woke me up right before sunrise. Day's clothing was draped across the stair railing, in order of how it's put on -- underwear, socks, t-shirt, turtleneck, sweater, pants. Just go down the railing! I have to set it up the night before because I'm brain-dead before 9am. After I got dressed, I turned the heat on and woke up El Hub. Then I packed the cooler and we took off (everything else was packed last night.)

Nice day at market -- high of 69 and sunny. Good sales for the first time in 2008 -- many of my customers are "in the industry" and the writers' strike affected everyone here. We bought fresh figs and sourdough Moroccan olive bread, but I didn't have time to get vegetables because we were busy at my booth. Falafel lunch at the market.

Then we went to BCAM new art museum opening, only to find that we had to get tickets online and they were sold out for this whole week. Bummer! We showed up last week, too, because I mixed up the opening date. I think I'll wait a few weeks before trying again!

El Hub drove home. I was "in charge" of finding good radio stations, which I did in-between napping.

Dinner. Email. Online scrabble. BWS. We were going to watch TV, but Hubbo fell asleep.

Poet and essayist

#142571 - 02/18/08 01:23 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!! I am here to laugh OUT LOUD at ME!!! My posts last night (I just reread them) and I'm falling off my chair. I'm surprised none of you kind friends said anything.....Confession: I had already had 1 large vodka & cj and was on a second while I was posting....and it's VERY obvious by the typos. hehehehe...well, I confess

#142572 - 02/18/08 01:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
Anno Offline

If anyone deserves a drink, it's you, Lady Jane. Is it getting any better out there?

Today I have an extra day off of work, so I am feeling mighty fine! I will finish up the laundry so I can get that basement cleaned up. I know it doesn't sound exciting, but this area has been bugging me for a very long, long time. In the winter, the dryer doesn't work except for fluffing, so I have laundry hanging all over the place. The basement is freezing, so it's not a fun place to hang out. But, I am determined to finish this task.

#142573 - 02/18/08 01:40 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
ladyjane Offline

Oh Anno, ain't it so much fun living in these states in the winter?? We've been blessed with a few mild winters but not this year...it's relentless and we can't keep up. Now they're predicting a possibly terrible flood problem when things begin to melt....such fun. I literally could feel your pain when talking about your dryer and freezing basement. Doesn't it make the first real Spring day such an awesome event that you cry???

#142574 - 02/18/08 04:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Wadeyjine? wooohoooo! Your last post is what you call live broadcasting. You’re so cute. By the way, a vodka and an o juice sounds just about right to me...I am surrounded by sneezing, wheezing, coughing and blowing noses. Just got over my bronchitis, now Hubby has it and poor little Anaiya too. Between the two I feel I should sterilize my inner organs with strong alcohol.

As you once said, it’s bad news when a man gets sick…”Oooo woah is me”…but when a baby is sick it’s heartbreaking. Poor Anaiya, she has earaches too. I brought her to the pediatrician today, and he just about gave me a whole drugstore of medication. He also said I have to wrap her ears twice a day under warm wet face cloths. She looks so sad, with those huge cloths plastered on her ears, my flowered bathing cap on top to hold them in place, her nose as red as a button, and running and running….I better stop, or else you’ll all catch it.

Anyway… I’m pouring myself a stiff drink tonight, when all are in bed. Prost

#142575 - 02/18/08 05:21 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

so far, tough day for me with regard to pain! I went running around the "Air Plane Graveyard," here in Tucson getting photos for a friends of some of the old planes and it did me some damage, I think.

The second half usually is better on a day like this!

I have a CAT scan this afternoon though.
dancer on Monday.

#142576 - 02/18/08 05:37 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Wow, Meredith, A typical say seems like a BIG day for you! I hope you take good care of yourself!

cheers!
dancer

#142577 - 02/18/08 06:14 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Waiting for your results dancer. I'm sure you are too.

humlan, was this friend a dear friend to your daughter? I was touched by your story.

LJ, how's the day going? You still shoveling? You must be exhausted.

Anno, glad you're enjoying your President's Day vacation. A friend calls it Dead President's Day.

Hannelore, did all this illness begin when you started taking Anaiya to day care?

#142578 - 02/18/08 06:39 PM Re: How are you today? Check in!
humlan Offline

Yes, Dotsie..the girl/woman was a dear friend of my daughter´s and also lived right across the street from us most of the time that Susan was on this earth.

I should really be writing in the Very Fine Whine section..but, Dancer, you came up with this thread and this is my today. So everyone..BE WARNED!

I am missing my daughter, who passed, so badly. There is a rock tied to my stomach section that I cannot get rid of. D--n it´s tough this year..right now! I called my friend who lost her 4yr old son to cancer quite a long time ago..and she said: that´s weired..I pulled out old pictures of my boy this week-end too..and the tears just rolled down...I guess that it´s something in the air..atmosphere this year. She, my friend, is going to have a tv evening later today..and so am I. Well, pretty soon actually because it´s evening here now..about 7:30pm. I am going to watch the movie, Twister, on dvd. That ought to get me into another mood. It´s an effectful film with some warmth and humor,too. And I am going to have some sushi. I am REALLY into sushi at the moment!

I spent the day with my grandkids..while their mom, who burned her palm on the stove yesterday, was working. I had a lovely time with them. Children can give so much warmth and love..without asking anything in return. They just ARE love..at times I am very very blessed to have them in my life, I know.

When I got home later, my 18yr old´s friend, a girl, came over with some very very good cookies that she had baked at school. And she can´t eat them because she is allergic to flour! She is majoring in cookery!!! I gave her may stash of cashew nuts in return!

Well, over and out from Sweden!

#142579 - 02/18/08 06:46 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

AAAAAAAAAA chooooow....how are you all doing over there???

There are certainly as many remedies for ear ache as there are ear aches. Your poor little darling. I had a garlic remedy for my kids when they were small..it actually worked every time I´ll tell you about it if you get desperate and want to know.

Good luck and Prosit (God bless) and SKÅL for the drink you had in the evening!

#142580 - 02/18/08 06:48 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Ladyjane..if you´ve sobered up ..what´s going on now??

#142581 - 02/18/08 06:51 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
humlan Offline

Anno..good luck with your laundry and basement..hope you can thaw out,too. Perhaps a drink is in order for you,too..and your hubby who has to put with you!

#142582 - 02/18/08 07:14 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

dear Humlan, I'm sorry for your pain over your daughter. I just can't imagine how that must feel.
My thoughts are with you,

dancer

#142583 - 02/18/08 07:16 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

lol, Humlan and Lady Jane!
dancer

#142584 - 02/18/08 10:45 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Humlan, my heart goes out to you for the pain you are feeling over Susan.

Poet and essayist

#142585 - 02/19/08 10:33 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
ladyjane Offline

It's off to work I go....T minus 2 hours to lift off. I'd better get used to it because beginning next week it's good old shift work and I have to be there at 6:45 A.M. ughhhhhhh I'm too old for this stuff. But....I got up today and my legs work fine so life can't be all that bad. Maybe the other job will come through. There's one that I would have preferred to wait to hear the outcome of but couldn't wait. I'm up against some competition with that one but it's a cushy office job still in health care. Who knows? Send some good vibes! So, for today, I'm starting out okay...I hope the same goes for all you dear women here!

#142586 - 02/19/08 02:07 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

Its Two in the afternoon for me..GMT.
Today is misty and damp.Yesterday's Spring like day was so welcome .I have been to town..bought a scented candle and a fleece throw complete with cushion cover in a closing down sale.Sadly the old fashioned curtain beding store is closing.Due to malls being more poplular.
The street has many shops..its in a seasside town and visitors come in summer.A small mall was built with three super stores and many of the older shops are feeling the pinch.So today is a day I will cook and tidy my home.
MA

#142587 - 02/19/08 05:02 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
I am feeling loneliness and emptiness and very, very tired. That seems to be my lot in life these days. Outside of my DH and DS, I feel I don't have a friend in the world. Of course, that's not true. Unfortunately, an incident happened on another message board last week where I was told I am a b*tch and alienate people. No doubt I come across that way often in cyberspace.

#142588 - 02/19/08 05:42 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: NYWoman]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Tired today. The winter weather is beginning to get to me. We have been outside cleaning up the yard from the ice storm we had last week. There's lots of broken tree limbs lying around. We may have another round of sleet and ice on Thursday. I'm praying that it won't amount to anything because some people in neighboring areas have not had their power restored yet from last week.

#142589 - 02/19/08 05:50 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Cookie]
dancer9 Offline

Oh, tired today too! I had my medical tests yesterday and have finally found myself awake at 11:00 AM!

Have my hairdresser coming today but it's just to drop off a product for my hair so I may just rest today!

Tuesday, 19th Feb

dancer

Edited by dancer9 (02/19/08 05:53 PM)

#142590 - 02/19/08 06:03 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: NYWoman]
dancer9 Offline

Oh! I am so sorry, New York woman! How cruel is that? It sounds like someone has a problem and took it out on you! I'm sorry it happened but please do not take to heart what someone says in cyberspace. Actually, anyone who talks that way is not to be tolerated!

Being judged by someone is wrong and judgements of you are never spot on, no one knows your heart and mind! Try to heal from this and take good care of yourself until you do!

People can use the net to be hurtful and it's just like being out in the public because there are bad people everywhere that can use a computer!

You just became a victim of one of those people who do their hurting of people through a computer. They are weak and scared to have to go onto a computer and try to attack a person!

My best to you,
Dancer

#142591 - 02/19/08 06:18 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
Dancer, thank you so much for your kind words. I keep telling myself that "this, too, shall pass."

#142592 - 02/19/08 06:30 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

It sounds so nice, Mountain Ash! I wish I was there instead of the desert for a bit...

dancer

#142593 - 02/19/08 06:41 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: NYWoman]
humlan Offline

NYwoman..just an comment..being in the Swedish zone..your post name would translate: NEWwoman..I never thoght of New Yorkwoman..but anyway..I hope that you are feeling better.I bet you have some friends here..if you want..you are never totally alone if you can check in here and just read or answer at your leisure.There are some interesting and loving woman here from all walks of life.

Wish I could have "latte" with you (love those) and just shoot the breeze..and do alot "fine whining". I have ALOT going on in my life right now,too. Gotta call my boss..at home..and ask her if I can have the day off on Thursday and take care of my sick grandkids..and I just been off for my own issues and pains (heart=grievning and body pains..joints and a cold. Do things ever calm down and become sort of normal??? Whatever that is???

Lots of hugs to you in New York..and I am betting that you are a new woman, too..in some ways??...

#142594 - 02/19/08 06:58 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Good luck on the other job, Lady Jane, and best wishes on this one!
dancer

#142595 - 02/22/08 08:33 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Dancer, how are you feeling? How is that kidney pain? Are you feeling any better???

Not much to say really..but checking-in anyway. LOOONG Day at work..but it went ok anyway!That translates..no catastrophies with the kids..eventho I had to turn into a witch now and again to regain "law and order" in the community of 18 kids and 2 staff today

It´s FRIDAY in Sweden..FRIDAY EVENING..the ABSOLUTE BEST EVENING of the week in my books. Have been checking around to see if I can reduce my work hours in order to help my daughter with her 3 kids as she struggles to complete her nursing degree..last term rush for her. So far favorable reactions from my x-husband, who is willing to help me with dwindeling finances, and my boss..who didn´t have a fit,but thought it might be a good idea for a shorter time..like 3 months.

HUGS to you all coming thru cyber space!

#142596 - 02/22/08 08:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Humlan! God needs nurses so bless your daughter!

My kidney test, the last, showed only a cyst which they don't think is my problem so I have an appointment with a Urologist to look further. I felt ill so I cancelled my first appointment with her but will reschedule soon! At least there where no tumors or stones.

My SIL, the other one, came to drop off all of her plants for me to take care of as she has no place to put them. I took them in, all eight of them! I woke up to her at the door, I'm having a slow day! I plan to take the day off as I have appointments back to back in the next day and week!

I put as much value on my rest as I do my work! I am hoping I will be well now for a stretch of time.

I had done my astrological chart and had it done as well and I am almost through my health problems according to it. I am pleased about that.

Best,
Dancer

#142597 - 02/22/08 09:03 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Thank you, Dancer..for your prompt reply..I was getting a bit worried about you! I am so relieved that things should be looking up for you healthwise..I DO SO AGREE about rest being as important as "busy ness" or whatever I should call it. I think this is partly the secret to fairly good health..eventho life can never be pre-programed..

I think that my daughter can be a balanced combination of efficiency and caring with warmth and understanding..I know I am biased, but I think I can SEE too. She is my Susan´s sister and has been thru alot herself personally. I tend to get entangled in a web of caring and doing that sometimes is not healthy for anyone. I think she can find the balance there that I cannot, at times.

ANYHOOOO...Good luck now and lots of hugs and love coming your way!!!!

#142598 - 02/22/08 09:04 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Give yourself more credit, dear Humlan, we could all learn a bit from you!
dancer

#142599 - 02/26/08 07:10 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Thanks, dancer..I needed that..and precisely today..feel like I am drifting on a stormy sea..AGAIN..trying to take my feelings seriously..and not making everything my fault..hence the wonder of your comment. Thank you!

I´ve been to work as usual..on the practical side..it´s raining cats and dogs out there..ducks are having their young already..and I´m in Sweden..and I am trying to figure out if I am too clingy..another thread..

Ok, not my best day..but it´s ok anyway..you know..I´m ok (I think) and you´re ok..thing going on, I guess..

HUGS TO ALL!!!

P.S. Hugs are nice..when you give one, you always get one in return..just by the nature of things

#142600 - 03/09/08 01:34 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I love these threads that can go on and on..but not too many share my sentiment. That´s ok..I am used to it

I am crosseyed with eye fatigue and general tiredness..but I just had to say that my Saturday was a pleasant one.

First I drove my son to a nearby buss terminal where he picked up his lost cell phone that was found. He fondled it like a long lost friend..and I DO know the feeling..you loose your cell..and you loose all your world and contacts..and lots of your music too.

Then my partner and his son and I went to the local mall where I picked up my tube mascara and a book on yoga for people that can´t be bothered doing it, as it´s called. I LOVE yoga..so I think this could be a fun book.

We had some latte at our favorite coffee shop and then headed home. It´s been a pleasant evening at the computer or watching FROST on tv..

I happened to read that cycling is good for arthritis..which I believe that I have in my knees..making them stiff and hard to manage lately. BUT I am going to try some cycling at our little gym in my housing area..so that gives me some hope of relief..maybe I´ll even post a question here on the forum about my grainy, stiff knees. I bet I´m not the only one with those????

It´s been a GOOD DAY...and that´s a gift..a very precious gift. Good night all..sending peace love and understanding over the miles

#142601 - 03/09/08 01:42 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Ohhh, I am exhausted too! Back into the public eye without warning myself and just jumping off! Hard stuff and I worry about my pain level setting me off. Still, I was successful and called things like "precious," "so talented," "special,' and even "gorgeous," which I don't even care about!

It went well but this person is dead to the world!

Again, I did not warn myself, I did not know I would say yes and I did and BOOM, back in action without giving me a moments notice.

I always do this!

I am healing because I've more gigs now.

Dancer9

#142602 - 03/09/08 02:06 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

OOO Dancer..I KNOW that feeling..when you didn´t know that you would say "yes" or what you would say at all..and then..THERE YOU ARE doing something that you thought that you would never do!!! Secretly, I think it´s a strength to be able to do that kind of thing now and again..it CAN get you in trouble..but usually it makes life more exciting..multicolored!!!!

Congratulations on all your positive response!!! What a thrill!!!! And what a BOOST!!!

You see..fate and you yourself plopped yourself right down into good old fashioned weariness and a big round of applause!!!

LET THE SHOW GO ON..and YOU with it!!!

#142603 - 03/09/08 02:09 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Thanks Humlan,
So long as I don't break anything again, not even a leg!
lol,
Dancer9

#142604 - 03/09/08 03:11 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dancer, You are without a doubt a winner and champion and should be congratulated by us all. Hip, Hip, Hoorah!!!! I mean that sincerely. Give 'em hell lady!!!!!

Edited by chatty lady (03/09/08 03:11 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#142605 - 03/09/08 03:38 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Dancer, congrats on pulling off another great performance! I'm glad your health and energy level is back to where you can work again. Take care of yourself

Poet and essayist

#142606 - 03/09/08 05:55 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you Meredith!
It's hard when I throw myself back in there after these years of illness!

Dancer9

#142607 - 03/09/08 05:59 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Chatty, Thank you. I think I will sing the blues and jazz till I die.
Dancer

#142608 - 03/10/08 11:10 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Dancer you are an inspiratiion to us all..especially me You are a WOMAN that keeps going despite all odds!!! And knows it..and that makes it even better

It´s late here..almost 12pm..the night is only a child..young,,but I gotta work with 23wild things tomorrow!

HAD to check in..a day at aork where our younger colleague wanting to organize our work day with the kids..that means a theme for the weeks to come..the body..and we begin with toilet usage and what it entails..according to the laws of hygene. Ok for me. Then I spent the evenig with my 3 grandchildren from ages 2 and half..Liam..and then the girl, 9yrs old and the boy almost ll. Well, grandma did her thing and got them all into be after dinner..at differnt times..and cleaned up for their tired mom, my daughter who will soon be a nurse. I am tired..God knows, I am tired. But they give so much..by just being them..unconditinal love and innocence. SOOO..it´s a gift.

My x..their father/grandfather doesn SEE the accomplishment our adult children have manage..and what wonderful gifts they have given us..grandchildren. He only see what a mess my daughter has made of her life: having 3 kids with 2 fathers. But I mean..WHAT kids..they are wonderul..so kind and cuddly and helpful.As a man of his generation, as my partner points out, my x only measures life in accomlishments..like school diplomas and titles and degrees. But the thoughtfulness for eachother and the caring they give eachother..he doesn´t see. Such a tragedy for everyone involved..himself included. How to accept things that cannot change..that is the secret fot me,I guess. I plan to enjoy them all as best as I can. And give my daughter some help towards the end of her nursing degree. So be it, I guess. My X, their father, helps with the finances and for this we are all grateful..I hope. I know that I am!

Some calming wine and to bed with me..I can´t even type..as I see now.

Hugs to evryone!!!

#142609 - 03/16/08 02:24 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I am really tired this evening..nite..it´s been a busy week..working with wild kids..they are realy off the walls and then helping with my grandchildren some evenings. It was worth it..and I am glad that I can help my daughter,too. i get so much in return from my grandkids too.

But now I am saying..over and out. Gotta get some sleep!!! HUGS to all!!!

#142610 - 03/16/08 09:02 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dancer
well done.It takes courage to return.
MA

#142611 - 03/16/08 07:22 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Mountain Ash,
Thank You, I love to hear from you no matter how busy I get.
Today is a day off but I will be writing a bit. I have found someone to help me write what I must so I am writing when I have the spare time. It feels good to say what I want to say and have wanted to say. I've much to report in abook. I will not focus on my child abuse although it will be mentioned frequently. I did not want to write another boodk about abuse but I wanted to show a big life after survival. I felt if I wrote about them,I would let them win, but if I wrote about career, adventures, and things I am proud of, I would win. Sounds strange maybe but they are mmy feelings!

Yes, I've been busy as I've entered the public again. It is making it hard so far as pain but I've been keeping up and hoping my body will adjust to more work.

I enjoy my work at the Veteran's Hosptial as well. It feels good to help and it also gives my husband something he likes to do when he works there as a volunteer when I am there. I see things that teach me a lot. I'm there for four hours three days a week. I try to keep this quiet so I am not bothered there but I trust this site.

Dancing, singing, and wearing clothing are things I have done all of my life, since the age of 5, but writing and such is new and I am enjoying the newness. However, I don't think I could try to write alone, it is a lonely thing and I am people oriented...

I hope everyone here is doing as well as possible, I try to keep up by reading.

dancer9

#142612 - 03/17/08 05:58 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Saundra]
gims Offline

Loc: USA

#142613 - 03/17/08 08:11 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

mountain, I appreciat the way you speak of your daughter and her family. They are blessed to have you in their lives. Your hubby is the one missing out. What's up with men who don't see the real beauty in life?

dancer, glad to hear you've found volunteer work that you are psyched about. I believe volunteerism is going to increase as boomers continue to mature.

gims, thanks for the cute graphic.

Today is a good day. I am back from vacation and getting back in the saddle of work. I look forward to this week and the upcoming week. My daughter will come home with a friend on Thursday and stay until Easter evening. Our youngest comes home Friday night so we will all be together. We are having our extneded families here for Easter afternoon. SInce there are great-nieces and nephews we will have an egg hunt. Life is grand.

#142614 - 03/17/08 08:28 PM Re: How are you today? Check in!
Mountain Ash Offline

Dotsie
your post above...I dont understand..
Mountain ash

#142615 - 03/23/08 01:58 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

MA, oops sorry, I meant humlan.

#142616 - 03/23/08 02:15 AM Re: How are you today? Check in!
humlan Offline

Dotsie, I was just writing here..and pushed some crazy button..so I disappeared and my post with me noone´s fault but my own..

Yes, my former husband is missing out on alot..and is quite alone most of the time..something that hurts sometimes to think about. But he does what he believes in..and that´s important to him, I guess. He is kind of bogged down by his beliefs..

This Easter finds me and my partner on our very very own..no kids on the horizon..they are at the country cottage celebrating Easter together and having a grand time..or so I´ve heard! SOOOO.. my SO and I are enjoying the FREEDOM of just being the 2 of us..for awhile.

The only dark spot in the otherwise lovely landscape is that I have a d... cold..the sneezy,runny kind!!!
It´s a bit funny of course..me looking forward to this little free time with my partner so much..and now I am a sniveling creeping crud..NO MATTER..WE SHALL HAVE SOME FUN DEPSITE THE ODDS

Also..weather report from Sweden..we are having our first snow and cold spell of the winter..amazing..

O yes..bought some old films today.. do you remember, "RAIN MAN" with Dustin Hoffman? And "FOREST GUMP" with Tom Hanks?? Oldies but goodies.. How many of you remember "Cobra" with Sylvester Stallone? I LOVE that film..the bads guys really get what´s coming to them

HUGS TO YOU ALL and a HAPPY EASTER!!!

#142617 - 03/23/08 12:18 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

humlan, perfect timing for a snow in with your beau. Sounds pretty dang romantic, if he doesn't mind the Kleenex thrown about.

Never saw Cobra, but saw the other two and liked them. Forest Gump was huge in the states for a l o n g time with everyone quoting him.

Where I am, we look forward to warmer weather for Easter and we are going to get to 50 today, and the sun is beaming. I guess you look forward to snow. Looks like everyone is pleased.

#142618 - 04/07/08 04:08 PM Re: How are you today? Check in!
humlan Offline

I´ve just got to moan and groan for a bit because I have missed you all and couldn´t do it..

I`ve been having some heavy days..feeling really exhausted and tired. I even started wondering if there was something seriously wrong with me. Of course, it didn´t help that I couldn´t check in here with you all..wonderful ladies and friends.

I guess I´ve been a bit stressed out about all the preperations for my son´s graduation and helping my daughter with the grandkids and working..eventho I know that it doesn´t help at all to be stressed out. Just doing one thing at a time is the best. But sometimes I get all wound up.

I went to my heart specialist last week..and my BP, as I suspected is a bit high..145/100. I have to increase my medicine for awhile. My doctor hopes that I can decrease again when the summer comes and everything is over. I am going to try to take more walks and of course, keep my head on straight but I don´t know how well I will succeed.

On the bright side, my friend sussi..the one who was widowed last year..it will be a year now on the 10th of May..she felt that I was not feeling well and sent me some healing a day or two ago. It actually helped..I kinda feel better inside. Not so weepy and moany..She was happy that her healing works. She thought that she´d lost the touch since her husband, Martin, died.

I guess you´ll be hearing about the graduation on and off..so be warned everybody. But I am trying to keep it low key now..and just do what comes along..sort of.

How have all of you been??? Gosh have I missed you!!!

#142619 - 04/07/08 06:04 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
humlan, I am saying a little pick me up prayer for you. I will be only too happy to hear about the grad.Post away.

#142620 - 04/07/08 09:36 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Humlan we all missed you as well, I'm sure... It's funny that we have never met and yet the feeling of loss we have for each other was so great during the time we were down. Thats just crazy I know, but it affected me as well. I felt like a fish out of water or something. Like someone marooned on a desolate island...Glad we are all back, and you say what you want, when youwant, There is normally always someone here to listen, and reply.

#142621 - 04/08/08 05:56 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

humlan, please tell us about the graduation. I've had lots of graduations in recent years and will have a son graduating in June. Pour it on!

#142622 - 04/08/08 06:02 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Thank you..thank you..dear friends! it really is weird..as you wrote, Chattylady..you ARE my friends..eventho we have never met!

It´s snowing outside again..the spring is blown away..and I am pensive today..this forum awakes so many thoughts AND shows so many new paths to follow..

I´ve been to work and back..and I had BIG plans to go for a walk and do some cycling indoors..but I am feeling pensive..listening to Celine Dion again..which is a good sign..haven´t lost it yet..soaking up warmth and love thru the music and associations thereof..

Ok,I am going to write this..eventho it´s a bit uncomfortable for me..my 18 yr old son gave me a judgemental whip when he got home..I had mixed a vodka and soda water..and he said..AGAIN! Of course, he had forgotten that he and his friends had finished off my bottle of vodka the other nite..but I am hyper about such moralization..experienced it with my former hubby so often..about my whiskey, my music choice, my choice of clothes, my laughter when we lost our daughter..so I am sitting here with you, trying to put myself together again..crazy or NOT??? Maybe I need more vodka?? No, I think that some yoga is called for and some practical work in the kitchen after having made dinner for my hungry son..yes, the very same 18yr old!

Lots of hugs to you all!

Thank you for being there..my dear friends..

#142623 - 04/20/08 12:08 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Hi again! Just checking in..Ihad a really weird day with alot of aha experiences right here on this forum..dispersed with some heated discussions with my son,spilling something all over the stove.etc. Then a dear and close friend called me around 1am..she knows I still up..feeling very disgusted with herself and her unorganized family..and what set her off was the vacuum cleaner that wouldn´t work..she was going to vacuum at a bout 12am..she´s also a night owl so I listened to her woes..knowing that I am just the same..and so is my whole family..like hers..and this was so liberating for the both of us. She could have a glass wine and a cig and get to bed after our talk. And I took my walk outside underneathe the moon and dark sky..feeling happy..thanks to her call..and the human that she is..or the angel? This is my friend that lost her husband almost a year ago now..good friends are such a blessing..as is this forum..and my son..who heard some of my conversation with my friend on the phone, mouthed :"I love you". I mean..can it get any better??

So thanks for everything..and good nite to all..I am signing out from Sweden..

#142624 - 04/20/08 03:18 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, Humlan, thanks for sharing this about your son especially mouthing the words to you. You know, this forum can be quite transformative. I've changed in many ways since being here. It sounds like you are noticing your blessings in the moment. I'm real, real glad for you! L, PL

#142625 - 04/20/08 01:17 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

I'm better, today; heard a great sermon by a TV Evangelist.
It changed a negative, into a more positive, self-image.
Anytime I can get an uplift of the spiritual type, I'm grateful. Life has been difficult lately, to say the least.
Hope all of you have a great day!!!

#142626 - 04/20/08 02:05 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Jabber..I hear you! My life has been a bit difficult,too..so it´s so NICE when something comes along to lighten it up! I am pleased for you..and wishing you a wonderful Sunday! Spring has come to Sweden..the day is magic!!!

Thank you, L,PL!!!

#142627 - 04/21/08 05:42 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Checking in on a Monday..found some new whiskey..that is very very good..so I don´t think that I can be too deep this evening (Swedish time).

The weather is lovely here..spring in the air..gorgeous! Had a good day with the kiddies..One of my kids had commented on another boy´s long hair..and this boy complained to me about it..I called him over and said," Do you know who has long hair? Hard Rockers..and you can´t get any tougher than that" And I went on to ask,"And do you know why they have long hair?? So they can head bang" and then I proceeded to show him how this is done! Boy, were his eyes big!!! And the boy with the long hair was very grateful

Well, signing off from Sweden..I am going to watch a movie and eat my sushi..

PLEASE check in here, ladies..it doesn´t matter if you spent the day reading a book in bed or in your garden..it´s fun to hear what everyone is doing..now and again! and it gives me the right to do what I want,too not that I need it, I know..but anyhooo... HUGS!

#142629 - 04/21/08 06:12 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

Anne
putting a home together is such a pleasure.Yours sounds very welcoming for you to return to after working.Isnt it great to spend hard earned money?
Mountain ash

#142630 - 04/21/08 06:16 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Checking in as requested Humlan.
Its more Spring like here...may even cut grass soon.The evening sun is making the nearby barn a glow of warm sandstone.My day was busy..we filled every hour catching up on various things.Glad its evening and I am relaxing.
Mountian ash

#142631 - 04/21/08 06:54 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

This week in Vegas it has cooled off again, in the mid seventies and breezy. Too cold now again for the pool, drat!
I was asked to be on a radio show here in Nevada on Thursday evening. The show airs at midnight, live, and one never knows what the host will be speaking to you about. It sounds like fun and there hasn't been a man born yet that can out-think or out-banter me, so it should be interesting.
We are on Pacific time and the number is (347)838-9419 for any nightowls out there, if you want to join in.

#142632 - 04/22/08 03:43 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Chatty, if anyone is up to a challenge like that in the middle of the night, it's you. I'm asleep by 10pm. Hey, let us know when it's archived.

#142633 - 04/22/08 05:13 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Congrats Chatty! What sort of radio show is it?

Poet and essayist

#142634 - 04/22/08 01:07 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Hey, congratulations, Chatty! I'm sure you're right: There hasn't been a man born yet that can out-think you! Don't know about out-talk you? I've heard some mouthy men, in my day, stupid but mouthy!!! Good luck with that radio show!
Prayers...

P.S.
Ladies, Where do I find the pictures from your Vegas weekend? Just wondering!

Edited by jabber (04/22/08 03:18 PM)

#142635 - 04/22/08 08:48 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

JJ has all the pictures from what I hear and she seems to be AWOL at this time. Anyone heard from our JJ?

The radio shows subject matter varies, it's a talk show and from what he says they talk abot anything and everything. Its new to me, got a call out of the blue.

#142636 - 04/22/08 10:26 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I just heard from our Queen today and she's suffering under some flu thing, which started almost as soon as she got back from the trip! She's in here occasionally reading, but doesn't have the energy for much else.

Poet and essayist

#142637 - 04/23/08 01:43 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Tired, today! I have set up a major schedule for myself by working at the hospital and dancing nights! Writing this reminds me to take better care of myself so that's just what I'll do now!

Dancer

#142638 - 04/23/08 07:01 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Why doesn't a radio show ever call me? I'm so impressed that so many of you ladies are on these shows. I mean when I lived in the States that was a BIG thing. I still think it is a BIG thing. Good going Chatty!

#142639 - 04/23/08 11:09 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks Edelweiss, I am anxious to see what his show is all about.

#142640 - 04/24/08 12:14 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Break a leg tonight Chatty! Be sure and let us know what happens on the show, k?

#142641 - 04/25/08 01:50 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

day off today! I feel peachy and like catching up. I'm reading here to see how everyone is!
Dancer

#142642 - 04/25/08 11:16 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Better now that Rosee seems to be on the mend. Hoping to get some crocheting done today. Lordy its hot outside, 90 something already...ugh! Thank God for air-conditioning.
Glad to hear you're feeling better Dancer, love you!

Edited by chatty lady (04/25/08 11:17 PM)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved