The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#142601 - 03/09/08 01:42 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ohhh, I am exhausted too! Back into the public eye without warning myself and just jumping off! Hard stuff and I worry about my pain level setting me off. Still, I was successful and called things like "precious," "so talented," "special,' and even "gorgeous," which I don't even care about!

It went well but this person is dead to the world!

Again, I did not warn myself, I did not know I would say yes and I did and BOOM, back in action without giving me a moments notice.

I always do this!

I am healing because I've more gigs now.

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#142602 - 03/09/08 02:06 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
OOO Dancer..I KNOW that feeling..when you didn´t know that you would say "yes" or what you would say at all..and then..THERE YOU ARE doing something that you thought that you would never do!!! Secretly, I think it´s a strength to be able to do that kind of thing now and again..it CAN get you in trouble..but usually it makes life more exciting..multicolored!!!!

Congratulations on all your positive response!!! What a thrill!!!! And what a BOOST!!!

You see..fate and you yourself plopped yourself right down into good old fashioned weariness and a big round of applause!!!

LET THE SHOW GO ON..and YOU with it!!!

#142603 - 03/09/08 02:09 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Thanks Humlan,
So long as I don't break anything again, not even a leg!
lol,
Dancer9

#142604 - 03/09/08 03:11 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dancer, You are without a doubt a winner and champion and should be congratulated by us all. Hip, Hip, Hoorah!!!! I mean that sincerely. Give 'em hell lady!!!!!

Edited by chatty lady (03/09/08 03:11 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#142605 - 03/09/08 03:38 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dancer, congrats on pulling off another great performance! I'm glad your health and energy level is back to where you can work again. Take care of yourself

Poet and essayist

#142606 - 03/09/08 05:55 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you Meredith!
It's hard when I throw myself back in there after these years of illness!

Dancer9

#142607 - 03/09/08 05:59 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Chatty, Thank you. I think I will sing the blues and jazz till I die.
Dancer

#142608 - 03/10/08 11:10 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Dancer you are an inspiratiion to us all..especially me You are a WOMAN that keeps going despite all odds!!! And knows it..and that makes it even better

It´s late here..almost 12pm..the night is only a child..young,,but I gotta work with 23wild things tomorrow!

HAD to check in..a day at aork where our younger colleague wanting to organize our work day with the kids..that means a theme for the weeks to come..the body..and we begin with toilet usage and what it entails..according to the laws of hygene. Ok for me. Then I spent the evenig with my 3 grandchildren from ages 2 and half..Liam..and then the girl, 9yrs old and the boy almost ll. Well, grandma did her thing and got them all into be after dinner..at differnt times..and cleaned up for their tired mom, my daughter who will soon be a nurse. I am tired..God knows, I am tired. But they give so much..by just being them..unconditinal love and innocence. SOOO..it´s a gift.

My x..their father/grandfather doesn SEE the accomplishment our adult children have manage..and what wonderful gifts they have given us..grandchildren. He only see what a mess my daughter has made of her life: having 3 kids with 2 fathers. But I mean..WHAT kids..they are wonderul..so kind and cuddly and helpful.As a man of his generation, as my partner points out, my x only measures life in accomlishments..like school diplomas and titles and degrees. But the thoughtfulness for eachother and the caring they give eachother..he doesn´t see. Such a tragedy for everyone involved..himself included. How to accept things that cannot change..that is the secret fot me,I guess. I plan to enjoy them all as best as I can. And give my daughter some help towards the end of her nursing degree. So be it, I guess. My X, their father, helps with the finances and for this we are all grateful..I hope. I know that I am!

Some calming wine and to bed with me..I can´t even type..as I see now.

Hugs to evryone!!!

#142609 - 03/16/08 02:24 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I am really tired this evening..nite..it´s been a busy week..working with wild kids..they are realy off the walls and then helping with my grandchildren some evenings. It was worth it..and I am glad that I can help my daughter,too. i get so much in return from my grandkids too.

But now I am saying..over and out. Gotta get some sleep!!! HUGS to all!!!

#142610 - 03/16/08 09:02 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dancer
well done.It takes courage to return.
MA

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved