The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#142571 - 02/18/08 01:23 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!! I am here to laugh OUT LOUD at ME!!! My posts last night (I just reread them) and I'm falling off my chair. I'm surprised none of you kind friends said anything.....Confession: I had already had 1 large vodka & cj and was on a second while I was posting....and it's VERY obvious by the typos. hehehehe...well, I confess

#142572 - 02/18/08 01:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
If anyone deserves a drink, it's you, Lady Jane. Is it getting any better out there?

Today I have an extra day off of work, so I am feeling mighty fine! I will finish up the laundry so I can get that basement cleaned up. I know it doesn't sound exciting, but this area has been bugging me for a very long, long time. In the winter, the dryer doesn't work except for fluffing, so I have laundry hanging all over the place. The basement is freezing, so it's not a fun place to hang out. But, I am determined to finish this task.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#142573 - 02/18/08 01:40 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh Anno, ain't it so much fun living in these states in the winter?? We've been blessed with a few mild winters but not this year...it's relentless and we can't keep up. Now they're predicting a possibly terrible flood problem when things begin to melt....such fun. I literally could feel your pain when talking about your dryer and freezing basement. Doesn't it make the first real Spring day such an awesome event that you cry???

#142574 - 02/18/08 04:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wadeyjine? wooohoooo! Your last post is what you call live broadcasting. You’re so cute. By the way, a vodka and an o juice sounds just about right to me...I am surrounded by sneezing, wheezing, coughing and blowing noses. Just got over my bronchitis, now Hubby has it and poor little Anaiya too. Between the two I feel I should sterilize my inner organs with strong alcohol.

As you once said, it’s bad news when a man gets sick…”Oooo woah is me”…but when a baby is sick it’s heartbreaking. Poor Anaiya, she has earaches too. I brought her to the pediatrician today, and he just about gave me a whole drugstore of medication. He also said I have to wrap her ears twice a day under warm wet face cloths. She looks so sad, with those huge cloths plastered on her ears, my flowered bathing cap on top to hold them in place, her nose as red as a button, and running and running….I better stop, or else you’ll all catch it.

Anyway… I’m pouring myself a stiff drink tonight, when all are in bed. Prost

#142575 - 02/18/08 05:21 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
so far, tough day for me with regard to pain! I went running around the "Air Plane Graveyard," here in Tucson getting photos for a friends of some of the old planes and it did me some damage, I think.

The second half usually is better on a day like this!

I have a CAT scan this afternoon though.
dancer on Monday.

"Question your privilege"

#142576 - 02/18/08 05:37 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, Meredith, A typical say seems like a BIG day for you! I hope you take good care of yourself!

cheers!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#142577 - 02/18/08 06:14 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Waiting for your results dancer. I'm sure you are too.

humlan, was this friend a dear friend to your daughter? I was touched by your story.

LJ, how's the day going? You still shoveling? You must be exhausted.

Anno, glad you're enjoying your President's Day vacation. A friend calls it Dead President's Day.

Hannelore, did all this illness begin when you started taking Anaiya to day care?

#142578 - 02/18/08 06:39 PM Re: How are you today? Check in!
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Yes, Dotsie..the girl/woman was a dear friend of my daughter´s and also lived right across the street from us most of the time that Susan was on this earth.

I should really be writing in the Very Fine Whine section..but, Dancer, you came up with this thread and this is my today. So everyone..BE WARNED!

I am missing my daughter, who passed, so badly. There is a rock tied to my stomach section that I cannot get rid of. D--n it´s tough this year..right now! I called my friend who lost her 4yr old son to cancer quite a long time ago..and she said: that´s weired..I pulled out old pictures of my boy this week-end too..and the tears just rolled down...I guess that it´s something in the air..atmosphere this year. She, my friend, is going to have a tv evening later today..and so am I. Well, pretty soon actually because it´s evening here now..about 7:30pm. I am going to watch the movie, Twister, on dvd. That ought to get me into another mood. It´s an effectful film with some warmth and humor,too. And I am going to have some sushi. I am REALLY into sushi at the moment!

I spent the day with my grandkids..while their mom, who burned her palm on the stove yesterday, was working. I had a lovely time with them. Children can give so much warmth and love..without asking anything in return. They just ARE love..at times I am very very blessed to have them in my life, I know.

When I got home later, my 18yr old´s friend, a girl, came over with some very very good cookies that she had baked at school. And she can´t eat them because she is allergic to flour! She is majoring in cookery!!! I gave her may stash of cashew nuts in return!

Well, over and out from Sweden!

#142579 - 02/18/08 06:46 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

AAAAAAAAAA chooooow....how are you all doing over there???

There are certainly as many remedies for ear ache as there are ear aches. Your poor little darling. I had a garlic remedy for my kids when they were small..it actually worked every time I´ll tell you about it if you get desperate and want to know.

Good luck and Prosit (God bless) and SKÅL for the drink you had in the evening!

#142580 - 02/18/08 06:48 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Ladyjane..if you´ve sobered up ..what´s going on now??

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved