The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#142551 - 02/17/08 06:11 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I will look into it, Jabber, thanks.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#142552 - 02/17/08 06:45 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, I'll be anxious to hear your results. Think of us covering you in prayer and good thoughts while having your test. It will help!

MA, gardening? You licky duck! Our ground is frozen, but I have faith that lots is going on under there so that as soon as it warms up, things will begin popping.

We went to the early service, only aobut 30 people, very intimate, held in our chapel. We served coffe for Coffee Hour. Then I hung out with 11 middle schoolers as a seb teacher. It was rather interesting. They all have cell phones, Ipods, love music, sports, video games and getting interested in the opposite sex.

Came home and ate a quick lunch before going to the mall to get FIL a birthday gift. Also got myself a rain coat because I am going to our Inner Harbor tomorrow morning where they will be filming The Early Show (CBS). I was invited to be there to represent the NABBW. I'm taking my NABBW sign and hope to get some free air time! Then hit the food store to get a cake and cards. Home to relax a bit. Considering calling friend to walk after hanging out with all of you for a bit.

#142553 - 02/17/08 06:49 PM Re: How are you today? Check in!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
The Early Show? How wonderful for you! Congratulations!

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#142554 - 02/17/08 06:52 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

I must come back to tell...tonight as dark came the sky was flame red..so much so the east sky became almost puple.It was as if an artist use ALL the scarlet and crimson paint he owned.This is a sign of frost but no matter this fed my soul.
MA

#142555 - 02/17/08 07:19 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh, MA, the artist was indeed there. I, too, see each sky as an artist. Amazing!

#142556 - 02/17/08 07:21 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Today is another day of digging out. The gargae's drain is frozen....so nothing drains. The roof is full so need some shoveling. I ewant to drink vidka and cranberry juice and watch the Daytona 500 50th anniversary....what's a human to do?

#142557 - 02/17/08 07:23 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

...and hubby has Jimmy Buffett blasting from the garage (now known as the wading pool)...intellectually I know what needs doing....emotionally, I have many other ideas,,,

#142558 - 02/17/08 09:07 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Very very spiritual day..thanks for this thread, dancer! I wanted to share..but didn´t know how..but this is the place. Thank YOU!!!

I went home to my daughter´s house where one of my grandkids, Molly, had her 9th birthday. A friend came too..a woman today..but a child to me many years ago..she told me about a dream she had about my daughter..on the night that she died. She dreamed that her grandfather (who died a year ago then) came to pick her up and play by the swings in our special park..then..my friend, N. was a bit sad because she asked her grandfather if she could come along and play..but her grandfather said,no..not this time. She and family staid at their country cottage one extra nite which they never did otherwise. When she came to school that morning, her teacher was crying..and she understood because of her dream that my Susan, her friend had died. This woman of today, N., is a unique combination of capability and warmth..so her story of her dream has more power..because of the woman she is today. N. has no family of her own nor a relationship that she calls her own. But we have made contact via facebook..and today she moved my world. I went for a walk later in the evening..with stars and the moon...and felt the presence of my daughter, Susan..very very closely..more than I have for a looong time.

My youngest son was in the country this week-end with his older brother and his nephew, my daughter´s oldest child. Apparently, they discussed a song that goes: I want this train to break down..so I can be where I don´t need to be..hmmm....

Talk about the movement of the spheres! I am totally blown by all this...and drinking whiskey to find perspective again.

To top it all off, my daughter burned her palm on the stove..she has at least 3 rd degree burns..and is in alot of pain. She is concluding her last months in her nursing studies and should be working tomorrow in a hospital. The question is..can she..considering the risk of infection? I will probably have to help her out with her youngest who is sick with very high fever..I am blown guys. Totally blown!!!

Life..yes, life...

#142559 - 02/17/08 09:13 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Anno]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Anno..you are a remarkable woman..in the quiet..and your husband..well, your courage and love of life..both of you..gives me so much!!!

I am laughing with you..and here´s hoping you both ended up where you wanted to be

Oh, yes..this thing we call life...

#142560 - 02/17/08 09:18 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

This thread is a "Here and Now" discussion.Shared when we want to say something.
A place to say what is important. I look forward to many posts.
Humlan your day sounds special. Too moving to just say anything now (about Susan)
And as for the burn..poor woman .The palm has such padded skin keep us posted how it goes.
MA

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved