The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#142153 - 02/13/08 10:55 PM Valentines Day
Mountain Ash Offline

Today Valentines day is the day the birds choose their mate .. folklore says so

So take a look if you can and see if this is happening near you.

MA

#142154 - 02/14/08 01:38 AM Re: Valentines Day [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
200 tiny brown birds are chirping away in my bouganvillea bushes. I assume they may be looking for mates because in a month or so there will be at least one nest in the bushes. However, I'll never be able to figure out who chooses whom.

Poet and essayist

#142155 - 02/14/08 10:14 AM Re: Valentines Day [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

The male blackbirds here evole their song year by year.This sharpens the upcoming males to improve .The older bird gets first pickings.Only an accident will let a whipper snapper mate.Then its back to basics.
My blackbirds are very tame.Come to hand for sultanas.The mother has taught her babies to do this.We weaned them year by year because there were too many.The balance of nature was upset due to us fostering a young female.
MA

#142156 - 02/14/08 04:58 PM Re: Valentines Day [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
In honor of.........

Casablanca :
Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.

City of Angels:
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.

Crimes and Misdemeanors:
My husband and I fell in love at first sight... maybe I should have taken a second look.

Fried Green Tomatoes:
A heart can be broken; but it keeps beating just the same.

Four Weddings and a Funeral:
I always just hoped that, that I'd meet some nice friendly girl, like the look of her, hope the look of me didn't make her physically sick, then pop the question and... um... settle down and be happy. It worked for my parents. Well, apart from the divorce and all that!

Love and Death:
To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Wizard of Oz:
Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable...

#142157 - 02/14/08 07:37 PM Re: Valentines Day [Re: jawjaw]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
So, love is for the birds and JJ got all the good quotes. What's a single girl to do?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#142158 - 02/15/08 03:20 AM Re: Valentines Day [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This morning I got a call from one of my sons. He said, "Mom, no matter how old I get, you will always be my Valentine." Of course I cried...

He and his girlfriend had me and her Mom over for dinner tonight. A first for them, and my first time to meet her Mom. We had a great time. They had each of us roses and cards.

I've been blown away by the thoughtfulness of these kids. I say kids, they are 29 and 30, but still. You know?

So I hope all of you have enjoyed your Valentine's Day as much as I have! I feel so blessed!

#142159 - 02/15/08 10:14 AM Re: Valentines Day [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Aw, JJ, that is so sweet. It must be the product of your good mothering.

#142160 - 02/15/08 01:22 PM Re: Valentines Day [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
City of Angels:
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.JJ QUOTED IT

one of my favies movies belive it or not and i do rember that scean.....

Love and Death:
To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down. JJ QUOTE

iv lived with a picsean (sorrie all) and the yes yes ermmm no attitude over everiething is challenging to cope with lol, but the above quote makes that seem like wee fish, lol....I don't know what it says about me that i followed it lol.
ah well

I got a valentine surprise my partners outa hospital in the evening, so i gotta say hi to them, i was even more surprised couse i didn't know theyd been in hospital for last 3 days, lol

#142161 - 02/16/08 04:47 AM Re: Valentines Day [Re: celtic_flame]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Jawjaw, I read your NABBW article about the kids' gift to the Moms. How wonderful for everyone!

Poet and essayist

#142162 - 02/16/08 12:46 PM Re: Valentines Day [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yes, it was. I have been blessed by it all, I can tell you that. Its not that I didn't know my sons are loving and compassionate people, but that they would take a day that is normally for "lovers" and make it a day of appreciation for Mom's...well, that speaks so highly of those kids. I just love um! Thanks for your words, Meredith!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved