The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#141632 - 02/10/08 07:04 AM NOW - This is insteresting.
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Friday, February 01, 2008
Do depressed women wear too much perfume?

"While some women simply can’t stand strong smelling perfumes or are allergic to it, others simply can’t do without spritzing a generous amount of it on their bodies. Wearing excessive perfumes might be a personal preference but if some studies are to be believed, this could also signify a depressed state of mind in some women. Yes, you heard it right. Wearing strong scented perfumes has a link with depression. A depressed state of mind wreaks havoc on the human body to the extent of even affecting the olfactory nerves and bringing about a loss in our sense of smell, say the researchers at Tel Aviv. That’s why depressed women are found to doll up with too much of perfume to overcompensate for their reduced sense of smell. Depression also makes some men slap on too much cologne, they add."

http://myblogonbeauty.blogspot.com/2007/11/home-remedies-for-sleeplessness.html

#141633 - 02/10/08 04:43 PM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Interesting.....

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#141634 - 02/10/08 04:59 PM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Isn't that interesting! I can't stand to be in a room with someone who has covered themselves in perfume. Its funny, but I always felt they were trying to compensate for some quality they didn't think they had...in other words, they were insecure and so they needed to say to the world, "Smell me! Notice me!" Just my take on it...

I love to smell a "hint" of lovely perfume. A wisp...

#141635 - 02/10/08 05:09 PM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: jawjaw]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
My Too JJ . I love someone to walk by me with just a hint of perfume . I put perfume on my feet Ha. Thought the smell would move it's was up my legs . LOL ..

Renee

#141636 - 02/11/08 02:18 AM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: Sadie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
So, who wears perfume/cologne and what brands/scents?
I do occassionally shower with Elizabeth Ardene's Sunflower.
I prefer subtle hints of a non-sweet smell. Sweet is offensive to me.

#141637 - 02/11/08 03:40 AM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: gims]
QBall101 Offline

My old favs, I can only rarely find through mail-order or internet were Ombre' Rose and Anne Kline. Last bottle of Good stuff I got was Vera Wang's Princess. Day in day out I like LT's White Daimonds or Vanderbuilt..but I can get by with that $3.97 knock off body spray for romping around the house or to the grocery store. LOL

#141638 - 02/11/08 05:40 AM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: QBall101]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
The first perfume I ever had was given to me by my first love, Sydney. He gave me a bottle of Chanel No. 5...I still think of him whenever I smell that perfume. I don't wear it anymore. I stopped wearing it after I discovered Beautiful by Estee Lauder. I discovered that perfume when I was stationed in Germany at the Base Exchange. Fell in love with it and although I've tried many others, I always go back to Beautiful. I did splurge one time on a perfume I heard Vivien Leigh loved...I found it and bought the smallest amount. It's called Joy. I went through a Vivien Leigh period where I could not get enough of her...I watched all her movies, read everything I could on her and ended up purchasing her perfume.
I love it when someone notices what I'm wearing and says something...thank goodness it's always been positive...LOL.
What do you ladies wear?

#141639 - 02/11/08 02:08 PM Re: NOW - This is insteresting. [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Gims, this is interesting. I love Sunflower too. It's light, and the smell stays with me. Most perfumes seem to evaporate after 10 minutes. Don't know why that is. Anyone else have that problem?
My husband says Chanel No. 5 is better then any negligee I could wear. heh heh.

#141640 - 02/11/08 02:26 PM Re: NOW - This is interesting. [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I agree with JJ that a little goes a long way and just getting a hint of something nice is wonderful. Now that being said, I love perfume and cologne but try to take it easy on it. Because of what I do for work, I rarely wear it. But when I can I always do. I've been wearing "Egyptian Goddess" by Auric Blends. It's perfume OIL so I put very little on a cotton ball and just dab it on lightly....a little goes a long way. My daughter just got me a fresh batch for my birthday. There's also another oil which is called "Love" and is lighter. I also love patchouli...very, very sexy scent and often comes in an oil. I dab that on before bedtime

#141641 - 02/11/08 11:59 PM Re: NOW - This is interesting. [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ihave a special blend of Beautiful by Estee Lauder and Herve Leger - Paris. Both separate are wonderful but blended they'll knock your socks off. Whenever I wear it, strangers will come up and ask, "what is that fragrance you're wearing?"

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved