The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#14146 - 10/13/05 12:29 AM Re: My son
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I find it totally amazing that all of us women walk around and prosper while carrying our baggage. We are amazing. Three cheers for boomer women. It may not be easy. The road is often hard, but we carry on in spite of some of our burdens. May God continue to strengthen boomer women and our families.

#14147 - 10/13/05 12:44 AM Re: My son
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dots,

Since you're in the "cheering mode" (not to take anything away from this topic ladies)...

There is something I've wanted to talk to you about.

Can we change the name of the webiste to "boomer babes"? I think it fits us soooo much better!

Danita
quick writer

p.s. Amen Dots! Boomer Babes rock!

#14148 - 10/13/05 01:15 AM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm already a biker babe so why not?

Some funny news and good news too about my daughter. When they did her evaluation, they asked her if she was homicidal. She said, "No and please don't put me in a room with someone who is!"

She called today and feels pretty good. Only problem is they are not allowed to do anything alone and she can't find any women who will walk, hike or exercise with her. All they want to do is stand around and smoke. They gave her Valium last night so she could sleep and so far, so good. She seems like she's pretty happy so thank you God!

#14149 - 10/13/05 01:31 AM Re: My son
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, I am sorry about your son..... One of my aunts had 2 sons who were addicted to lord knows what. One of them was beaten to death about 2 years ago and he was older than me, so he was on the street for most of those years. The other son found God and he is clean now. He tried to help his brother, but as you know, they have to want to help themselves. My aunt has been involved in Al-anon for years and is an amazing woman and has been able to prosper as Dotsie said.

Daisygirl

#14150 - 10/13/05 02:51 AM Re: My son
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Dianne, what wonderful news about your daughter. Her sense of humor seems to be intact.
Hopeful, she will find someone for the exercise and walks.
Glad to hear the good news.

#14151 - 10/13/05 03:53 AM Re: My son
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Chatty...sorry to hear about your son.
Such a long time, it has to be so hard not knowing.
May God protect your son, and put him on the road of recovery...back to his mother's loving arms.

#14152 - 10/13/05 05:02 PM Re: My son
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, a Bible, the desire to exercise, and a sense of humor. She's on her way!

#14153 - 10/13/05 05:04 PM Re: My son
donette Offline

Loc: St Joe Missouri
I didn't get a chance to come back and reply to Chatty but I wanted to say that at least Diane and I know that our kids are safe at the moment I cannot image not knowing where my child is. It must one of the most difficult things a parent can go thru.

My hear goes out to you but remember, wehnthey are on drugs they are not themselves and they are not he people we know. Sooner or later something generally forces them off them. Is it possible that your son is embarrassed to contact you , when they get clean they realize the pain and heartache that they have but people through and sometimes that is alot of guilt to handle. My prayer siwll be with you that someday, something will cause your son to return to you

#14154 - 10/13/05 11:15 PM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Donette is so right. You are no longer dealing or talking to the person you knew but you're talking to the substance. I think when I got really angry with my daughter because she had raked me over the coals one night about what a horrible person/mother I was, I just blew up. The next morning I was still angry and she didn't even remember what she'd said. She started recognizing just how bad it had become. I think she scared herself that night.

Keep the faith, Chatty. He might knock on your door someday and I will pray for that. It's so painful and as mothers, we tend to blame ourselves.

Yes Donette, I'm so thankful that I know where she is and is being watched. Her room mate is in really bad shape. They put her back in the medical facility. Has been taking speed for a long time and I guess it's bad when they come down from it. She has bonded with my daughter, which I guess is a good thing...that she is trusting someone but they closely watch relationships being formed there and it isn't allowed.

#14155 - 10/14/05 04:52 AM Re: My son
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne, no I haven't heard from his wife either. He may have stopped using by now, I may have grandchildren I don't know about. My sons have always been taught by me that no matter what they did or do, my door and my heart is always open 24/7 to them, andi haven't moved. For the newer babes (Danitas name for us) Last Christmas Eve my ex stopped by, when he was leaving and getting into his car a woman got out of her old beat up car and asked if I was inside? He said, who wants to know? She proceeded to tell him she was Marks (son) MIL and she needed help from me about him. My ex got really angry and told her there was no help here for them. She cursed him and instead of coming to my door she drove off and h followed her to the main highway. My ex never told me anything but called my other son on his cell and told him, so David (son) called to tell me what had happened. When my ex came back I confronted him about the entire situation and he said, probably all they wanted was money, they know what a soft touch you are...Needless to say we had a battle royal and he was asked to go and never return. So whatever she wanted, I may never know...my son is apparently alive and living in Vegas. Thats one good thing I guess.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved