The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#14136 - 10/12/05 07:43 AM Re: My son
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
oops...and your husband's! It is so good to hear that there are some men who know what is more important than money.

#14137 - 10/12/05 07:45 AM Re: My son
donette Offline

Loc: St Joe Missouri
Diane I just saw your post I am so thankful that your daughter has gotten help. It is the first step and she will be fine I will be praying for her.
I know what you are going through. and if you need anything Pm me or post here

#14138 - 10/12/05 07:46 AM Re: My son
Bluebird Offline

Donette, I just went back and read your posts, too. I am so sorry and will pray for you and your sons as well. I know what a difficult road it is to be released from the bondage of drugs and alcohol.

#14139 - 10/12/05 12:28 AM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Thanks ladies. This is a difficult day in some ways and beautiful in others.

On the way to the facility, the police had the roads blocked off...a four car accident with one fatality. They directed us another way and honestly, it was like something out of Blair Witch Project. Just scary landscaping, dark and people who were just...I don't know...scary looking? We drove and drove and got lost and finally found an elderly man who gave us directions.

The facility is absolutely beautiful. Huge entrance gates, green, rolling hills, horse stables, just a great place. After they did her intake, they gave us lunch and it was really good.

She has to stay in their hospital for two days and nights and will get a room after that. Poor thing looked scared but she's a trooper. We hugged a long time and neither of us cried because we knew it would make it worse.

28 days is a long time. It really helps to hear from those of you who understand what I'm going through. This is painful.

#14140 - 10/12/05 12:32 AM Re: My son
Bluebird Offline

Dianne, how old is your daughter? I don't have any idea what you're going through. I know what it's like to have a friend with substance abuse problems, but it can't come anywhere near what you're feeling...

#14141 - 10/12/05 12:46 AM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

She's 34 but looks 18. She always gets carded. Just a little, petite thing that wears a size two petite.

I've had friends with substance abuse problems too. This is just scary. Plain old scary but thank God, we have the means to get her good help. This place is supposed to be the best.

#14142 - 10/12/05 12:46 AM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

P.S. Donette, I didn't mean to hog this thread. I know you're going through a rough spell too. Sorry.

#14143 - 10/12/05 04:56 AM Re: My son
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
As some of you know i lost my youngest son to drugs 12 years ago. He and his wife lived with me and when his violence became apparent, I offered to pay for whatewver treatment he would need but he took the addicts way out and ran away. I haven't seen or heard from him since, neither has his older brother. Addiction of any type is heartbreaking. I hope one day my son will be healed and come around. I will pray for you as I have prayed for Dianne and her daughter....

#14144 - 10/12/05 06:46 PM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I had a good, long and hard cry last night. You know why? When we were eating lunch, I looked at her and her hands were shaking. It just broke my heart. That one little thing.

Chatty, have you heard from your son's wife?

#14145 - 10/12/05 08:10 PM Re: My son
Bluebird Offline

Chatty, I had no idea...I am so sorry. I will pray for your family also.
I just found out last night that my dear friend, who was living in a sober house, got kicked out and I don't know where he ended up. He may be in jail as he was in viloation of his probation. They found empty liquor bottles in his room after he left. He told me he wasn't drinking.He has no family, no job, no car, no license, no where to go. He knows and loves the Lord, but the bondage of addiction is so strong. I am so sad for him and for all the children of you ladies. I can't imagine how you feel... [Frown]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved