The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#14156 - 10/14/05 06:17 PM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wow. I would have been upset too. There might have been a chance for everything to be mended or she might have just wanted to talk to you about him. Now, you'll never know I guess.

#14157 - 10/15/05 04:31 AM Re: My son
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Chatty...have you ever thought about taking an ad out in the paper?

#14158 - 10/16/05 03:26 AM Re: My son
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Guess I never will know dianne and that really ticks me off.....

Brenda what would I say? He knows where I live and he knows he walked away, I didn't so it's his move. He either wnats to have us in his life or he doesn't but I can't make that decision for him. He knows or should it would never be brought up either, do not believe in rehashing old misery and we could act like he's never been gone(almost)so I wait.....

#14159 - 10/17/05 07:00 AM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I can only imagine, Chatty. My oldest son used to be a trip but today he's married with three children and very successful in his business so there is always hope.

David and I are going to visit my daughter today. We are going to Chapel with her and then have lunch. She said her mind is clearing and she's becoming able to connect with life and God again. Good news.

#14160 - 10/16/05 11:36 PM Re: My son
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello, I just had time to read this entire thread. I am sorry for what you are going through. As a recovered substance abuser myself, I want to tell Don that going back to the same environment is asking for trouble. One of the things that got me off street drugs was moving from PA to AZ. Otherwise I would have continued with my same old habits with the same old dealers. What helps is long-term care. The 30 day treatments are an immediate intervention, but for full recovery over a long period, there must be ongoing support. I've lived in St. Joseph MO. The amount of substance abuse is mind-blowing, not to mention that the city is a meth mecca. Chatty, I remember this about your son and it is so sad. At some points in my life I blamed my parents for my troubles, at other times I was grateful for whatever help they gave me, and yet other times I was too ashamed to show my face. It's so sad that you do not have the opportunity to communicate about this with your son. Dianne, I don't know how to say this because it sounds weird, but I am "glad" your daughter went to treatment. With commitment it can only help. Eagle, anti-depressants have to be monitored when a patient is going off of them! That's the trouble with GPs prescribing anti-ds. GPs are not as trained as psychiatrists and neurologists to know the fine tuning of chemical imbalances and the step process by which changes must be made. That doctor could have cost you your life! I'm glad your husband found a way to soothe you. Anyway, for what you all are going through, I'm so sorry, and I wish you lots of love and light. Lynn

[ October 16, 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: lynn329 ]

#14161 - 10/18/05 07:10 AM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

We had a nice time visiting her yesterday and she introduced us to some friends she has made there. She's eating well and sleeping well even though they took her off the valium. She looks so much better and the shaking has stopped. I'm very proud of her because she's working very hard at her recovery.

She bought an AA Bible, which uses scripture and applies it to addiction and recovery. This is a young woman who absolutely detested any form of religion for years. She's back in the fold.

#14162 - 10/18/05 09:27 AM Re: My son

Hi Dianne, I'm glad to hear it went well. Keep us posted.

#14163 - 10/18/05 06:13 PM Re: My son
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
To all who have loved ones going through substance abuse, I am praying for you and so sorry.

Lynn,
My oldest son got divorced at 25 and his ex-wife moved from TX to FL with the kids and made it impossible for him to see them. She didn't play nice at all. He made the CHOICE to turn to drugs to get his mind away from his problems. At 30, he decided he wanted a different life and to make something of himself. He actually never became addicted, which was luck or body chemistry?! He realized his old friends and haunts would bring him down, so he moved to Ft Worth, stopped taking drugs and started his own building contracting business. Now at 36, he has his youngest son, got him at 13 and he is 14 now, and is very successful. You are right, you cannot stay in the same crowd and sometimes (this town was very small) place to change! Very good point!

I had twin brothers, 2 nephews and a niece also who were substance abusers!

It is terrifing, how we have either been there, our children have, or we know someone that has when it comes to substance abuse. It seems touch everyone in someway!

#14164 - 10/18/05 09:04 PM Re: My son

There are so many substances to use to avoid our emotions. June, I'm glad your oldest son got his life together. Dianne, last night I was just sitting quiet with no TV or computer and your daughter came to mind. It occurred to me that she might benefit by reading TEARS. Especially since she is searching in regards to a higher power. Can you loan her your copy? LLL

#14165 - 10/18/05 09:14 PM Re: My son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

As soon as all of my friends get through reading it! All reading material has to be read and approved by the staff and she would probably be out of there by then. When she comes home she can read it, if I have it back by then. Geesh.

Okay, the rehab is calling me and almost demanding that I attend a four day program there. I just can't do it. It's impossible. I told the lady so and she basically said I had to attend. It's about forgiveness for the families who have hard feelings toward the substance abuser, which I don't. My daughter told me to not worry about it. I could attend one day but not four! That woman was really stressing me. My husband is home and sick, my older dog is in the Vets office hooked up on IV's as he's bleeding internally from his upper intestines. Yesterday was not a good day for me.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved