The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#140752 - 02/10/08 04:20 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Here is a picture of one of the lakes with a view of downtown (the birthplace of heated and air conditioned above ground walkways, I might add!).

and Lake Harriet Band Shell, where outdoor music is played spring, summer and fall. No, we are smart enough to not play outdoors in the winter.

And just to show you that the Mall of America has much more than shopping (children's indoor amusement park, legoland, minature golf, some fine resturants, a great movie theater and......)

Underwater world.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#140753 - 02/10/08 08:34 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: jabber]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
LJ, Do you have as much snow as they do in N. Conway? I couldn't believe the snow and they got more last night. I guess it's the most snow they have had up there in years. It's the most I've seen there in a long time. I got some freat pictures. Maybe it will inspire me to paint a snow scene.

#140754 - 02/10/08 11:06 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Anno,
I love that first one. It's gorgeous!

#140755 - 02/11/08 08:14 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Love the Hariet Band Shell. That's my kind of summer night; music under the stars, and what a lovely backdrop.

#140756 - 02/12/08 02:13 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
jj,
Frank Lloyd Wright built a lot of architecture around these parts, too. He also has had much influence in Tucson, Az.
Love his work!

#140757 - 02/12/08 08:29 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: jabber]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Me Too Jabber . I have one of his book "Table Top" ones He built ,or designed a museum in New York City that when you walk in it the waywalk goes in a circle . I have read about his life and have seen a doctumentiery on PBS about his life and times . I have seen one of his design of his houses here in MD . I think it was one of his first .

Frank Lloyd Wright is my favor of all times .

Renee

#140758 - 02/22/08 06:52 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Sadie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
butifull anno
it did take me a moment or two to work out WHAT WAS under the water, lol.

#140759 - 02/22/08 07:31 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: celtic_flame]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Louisa, I just saw your question. I'm basically brain dead this week. Yes, we sure do have as much snow. Last week it was beginning to cover my windows. I am not amused. If I shared pics for thsi winter on this thread, NO ONE would ever want to venture near this frozen hell on earth. And it's snowing again right now...

#140760 - 02/22/08 08:38 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

We're getting a storm too LJ. don't have near as much snow as you do though. I left work early. It was starting to build up. the other night I'm looking at a beautiful moon, and today I'm looking at miserable cold snow and ice. As long as I can get to the hairdresser tomorrow.

#140761 - 03/01/08 08:27 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Link to "TEXANS AREN'T ALL BAD' <<< read what a transplanted self-proclaimed x-yankee/Texan has to say.
The picture at the beginning of the article is of some of the Texas canyons - awesome. We lived in the Panhandle when we first got married, and visited the Palo Duro Canyon often. There is a musical put on in an outdoor theater with the canyons as the backdrop and used as part of the scenery in the play. It is fittingly called 'TEXAS.' It shows in the evening as the sun sets.

One of the comments to the article reads:
"I am a Native Texan, from Bryan-College Station home of those Fightin’ Texas Aggies, living in the beautiful state of Idaho. I miss Texas so much that I get together with a group of women we call GRITS. Girls Raised In The South. We are from all over the place. There is nothing better than to get together with your friends that talk like you and cook like you. We also have manners, know how to set the table properly and writeThank You notes. I think some of those “other states” could take some lessons in Suthin’ hospitality. That’s why they say “Texas is a whole nother country”.
AMEN....Gig ‘em Aggies !!!
"

GRITS - thought that was cute!

Edited by gims (03/01/08 11:39 PM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved