The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#140742 - 02/07/08 10:12 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Edelweiss]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hannelore, how close are you to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber? I just love that place!

Cindy

#140743 - 02/07/08 11:54 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: diamond50]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
HL i live in belfast about 10 minets from citie centre.
Londons in england I am northern ireland. i don't knoe miles but its an 45 minet flight. AT wors an overnight bus and fwerrie drive.

bleeding xpencsive anyway lol.

#140744 - 02/08/08 01:21 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
If anyone were to come to Minneapolis, I would suggest you skip the winter months and come in the spring, summer or fall.

Minneapolis is a beautiful city built around the Mississippi River and many large lakes. We have a wonderful system of drives, walkways and bikeways that move from one end of the city to the other all around lakes, river and creeks. And all of this is in the inner city itself.

Outside the city we currently boast the largest mall in America (Mall of America), if that is what you wish, with a childrens play area, a water park and several nearby hotels. It is actually only 2 miles from my home, and if I feel like mall walking, it's my standby. Many people fly in cheaply, stay at one of the motels, and make a family weekend of the whole thing. Oh, Ikea is there, too.

Minnesota is not known as a tourist destination, but if you are into relaxing, fishing, winter sports, swimming, walking or darn good resturants, we are a pretty good spot for a get away.

See any of you here anytime soon?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#140745 - 02/09/08 06:59 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Anno]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I wouldn't mind it in the summer. I heard there's a lot of arts programs and activities.

Shopping malls? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poet and essayist

#140746 - 02/09/08 08:11 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Diamond 50, Rotenburg is about an hour and a half away from us. Many years ago we spent a cycling vacation there with our sons. It is a beautiful old city.

Anno I would tell people to skip the winter months in Germany too. It’s often just grey weather. But the weather is getting crazy. Yesterday Hubby played golf, and we lay in our deckchairs in the sun. Out tulips are already coming up in February! Hope the frost doesn’t get them.

#140747 - 02/09/08 07:50 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you visited my area, NE Alabama, you could be taken to Tuscumbia, AL, to see the birth home of Helen Keller, and if you visit during the months of June and July, you could attend the Helen Keller Festival, and also see the play, The Miracle Worker. While you are there, why not visit the Alabama Music Hall of Fame (2 miles from my Mom's house, stop in for chocolate pie and coffee)...where people like the Rolling Stones, Elvis, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin, and too many other stars to mention, have recorded their music. You can even make a tape of your OWN self singing. Tell David I sent you. He's the manager there and we graduated from school together. Don't forget to visit the gift shop there where they carry MY BOOK! Wuhoo!

If you travel about 5 miles, over the bridge, pass grandmaw's house, you can see The Frank Lloyd Wright Rosenbaum House.

Go about 60 miles west of Tuscumbia and you'll find Huntsville, AL where you can visit the US Space and Rocket Center. Go through the museum, take some rides, explore the universe, all at your fingertips. Don't forget...this place offers SPACECAMP!

These are just a few items. If you make it that far, let me know. I'll tell you where to eat. You don't want to miss "Dub's Burgers," or a "Towbridges Hot Dog." After those, you can die a happy woman...

#140748 - 02/10/08 12:32 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wheres your house JJ, its the one I'd want to visit...LOL

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#140749 - 02/10/08 12:33 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Third rocket from the left...Who am I kidding? My house doesn't look that good! LOL!

#140750 - 02/10/08 01:05 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I want to visit the land of JJ....if only for some warmth and that green grass.....oh, and the ability to wear a t-shirt outside again....sometime in this decade...in February...lol
Your depressed winter friend in the land of polar arctic air and white, gray haze

#140751 - 02/10/08 02:56 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
orchid,
I feel as if I just took a mini vacation. What fantastic pictures.
Hannelore,
I'm 30 minutes from Niagara Falls and both sides, the Canadian and American, have restaurants, cafes, shopping malls, etc. There are major theme parks in surrounding areas. Southward, there are quaint villages. The Lucy 'n Desi Museum in Jamestown is closeby. Elbert Hubbard built the Roycroft Arts 'n Crafts Village & Hotel in my hometown; the 13th US President lived here; Fisher-Price Factory and Museum and Viddlers' 5 & 10 are here, too. The Tea Cozy, tea shop is fun. There are horse ranches and wild life sanctuaries. I've family working for and at the Buffalo Bills stadium. There's Marine Land, Fantasy Island, Fort Erie and Crystal Beach.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved