The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#165174 - 11/10/08 03:37 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Gracious, you looked adorable. I love that little shy smile in the first shot.

The decor is so reminiscent of that era. We used the same streamers and pop-open decorations.

Who made the lavender gown?

Some of the gals in my sewing class made their prom gowns. One girl even made a suit for her boyfriend. They dated forever, so I guess he was worth all that effort.

#165178 - 11/10/08 03:58 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Dotsie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
My sister-in-law made the lavender gown. I still have it tucked away and maybe I should take a photo of it. It would show the detail so much better. Sorry, though...can't model it now!!

#165185 - 11/10/08 04:56 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I just went back through the thread to make sure I hadn't
posted and sure enough, I posted on this subject once
already. Therefore I deleted what I just typed.
Sorry, ladies. The one thing that wasn't included was:
My date's name was Dale and he had thick, curly red hair.
He was six foot tall. I saw him a few years back and he's married and three redheaded babies. Oh, well!

Edited by jabber (11/10/08 05:06 PM)

#165254 - 11/11/08 01:35 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lady Jane, I love those pics! Back when I broke up with my high school boyfriend, I trashed most of those images as I had enough of him. I wish I had them now, I could just edit him into oblivion!

When we're young we just think, "Oh, I know what I look like..."

Poet and essayist

#165273 - 11/11/08 03:05 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: ladyjane]
Ellemm Offline

I didn't go to prom, but am thrilled that so many of you did. I had no boyfriend and you know, it wasn't acceptable to go alone. I certainly felt wistful back then, but understood that it there are no do-overs; high school is such a unique experience, isn't it? (Often that's a good thing). I did get to make dresses for my daughters for their proms and that was fun. I'm also glad to know that a lot of younger people today go in groups and don't worry so much about pairing up, so if you don't have a date it's no big deal. How nice that they can get dressed up and enjoy the evening.

#165281 - 11/11/08 03:45 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Ellemm]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I admire anyone who sews. And sewing a prom dress is high league, in my opinion. Can you post those pictures, Ellemm?

#165285 - 11/11/08 04:23 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Edelweiss2]
Ellemm Offline

Hmmm, thanks, but that would take some serious digging. Don't hold your breath! I'll see what I come across.

#165321 - 11/11/08 10:15 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Ellemm]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Here I am...

As you might guess, not really... I didn't get to go to prom... this is a pic of our baby's SR prom... haven't fashions changed? and can you believe the dork that took her could coordinate his tie, but not her corsage? Something tells me he didn't know she was going to wear that shade of lipstick!

#165328 - 11/11/08 10:45 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: gims]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Wow, gims.

I never went to our high school prom. I never got asked out.

So the "prom" dress thing or the "feeling" of wearing one, didn't occur until I attended my partner's son's wedding. I don't know if this link works for people, but I'm here, in a black strapless dress with tiny rows of pink ribbon trim. With a draped pink chiffony shawl around shoulders.
http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=23707&page=2&highlight=black+dress
This photo was taken 2 years ago.

Edited by orchid (11/11/08 10:46 PM)

#165350 - 11/12/08 03:41 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Orchid, you look lovely in that picture. Did you sew the dress?

Poet and essayist

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved