The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#140555 - 02/02/08 02:11 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Okay, I'll dig up one of mine too. Orchid, your post made me think of something I hadn't thought of when I posted this. I work in a 180-bed nursing/rehab facility. Twice, we have had an event for the residents that has been one of the most enjoyable for them. A Prom Night. When we do this, we decorate our big activity room, hire a 3 piece jazz band with a singer, have little pastries and punch and some of the staff (like me) who are not usually at events go to it. A local tuxedo store donates the use of tuxedos for the men and family members bing in and donate gowns for the women. They get dressed up, do their hair and make-up. To see them enjoying it is heart-warming. Who knows the memories it conjurs up? The ones who can, dance. We even vote on a King and Queen and her court. If I could post a picture I would, but I can't post any pictures that a resident is in and I think they must be in all I have. So, Orchid, it never is too late.

#140556 - 02/02/08 02:37 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Louisa,
I just went to your luvs2write.com link. I've been told I look like Susan Lucci; I don't see it myself. Not because of that, but I'm a big fan of hers. And I love Disney! I've never seen so much creativity as the Disney people develop.
It truly amazes me! My senior prom gown was white and strapless and the top had sequins. It had a full skirt, with a lacy overlay and a puffy petticoat. I think the length was mid-calf.
That was fun!!!

#140557 - 02/02/08 03:42 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I found my pictures!!! Yahoo!!! I couldn't decide which one to post...so you can see four of them when you click on the link. Before you do that, I want to tell you a little background story.

My prom night 1967...
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/Hannelore_01/?action=view&current=9886a5e6.pbw

My date was a good friend, Tony. He jumped in to take me out because my “real “ boyfriend was not accepted by my parents. That is actually a long sad story, in which I still wonder sometimes if they had accepted my big love at that time, how my life would have been.

I have learned though, from my parents mistake, (which meanwhile my mother has admitted, and I have forgiven her). And that is, I made a point of accepting every girl friend, fiancé and or wife of my sons with an open heart. That kind of heartbreak I would never ever do to my own children.

But I’m getting off the subject...

Tony, didn’t have a date either. So we spent the night dancing away. It was still a fun time. Lots of laughter and being with friends. I’m so grateful to Tony for having made it possible for me.

Hopefully I'm not the only one posting pictures here! Can't wait to see yours!

#140558 - 02/02/08 03:53 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I remember mine for sure. I dated a guy named Bo and he was so cute, in my opinion. AnyHOO, I had my hair done that day and it was in one of those behive things. I got home and hated it. I washed it out and did my own hair.

My dress was a white something or other, with a lace overlay, an empire waist and one turquoise band around the midrif. I loved that dress. It was simple. Wish I still had it. No...I wish I thought I could fit into it.

I'm like LJ, I'm going to find the pic and post it, if I can.

#140559 - 02/02/08 04:02 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

since I started this, I will be the first to post a photo. I have one standing up, but it's not clear. I'll try that one too.

#140560 - 02/02/08 04:04 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

With my Gypsy Rose Lee Gloves I didn't know how to make it smaller. Check out the tv in the background.

#140561 - 02/02/08 04:08 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Hannelore beat me to it. How sweet those pictures are, Hannelore! This is fun. Did we have the same bunny fur?
Jabber, try my blog if you like Susan Lucci and Disney. There is a disney slide show of my recent Nov. trip and she's on it.

#140562 - 02/02/08 04:20 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
Mountain Ash Offline

We did not have proms. Nearest was watching the Fonz.I truly believe this must have been a magical time for everyone.Mothers having fun and Fathers seeing such beautiful daughters.
Keep posting everyone I am enjoying this post.
MA

#140563 - 02/02/08 04:31 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh girls! How lovely you are! OMGosh...you are downright beautiful! I must find mine now...not because I am beautiful...what a hoot, no way! But it is fun, fun, fun to see the photos. By the way, get Tony's number...what a hunk!

#140564 - 02/02/08 04:58 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh you guys!!!!! Hannelore and Louisa, how that took me back (even though they were your pics!!) Both so sweet and beautiful....what a time of life it was and such beautiful pictures...oh gosh, I'll get mine when I can locate them in this disrupted time of life!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved