The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#140545 - 02/01/08 10:29 PM Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Do you remember the dress/gown you wore to your senior prom? What was the style? Color? Did you wear a tiara? anyone want to post prom pictures?

Mine was truly a one-of-a-kind. I had been a junior bridesmaid in my aun't wedding a fe years before that. My grandmother saved the dress. It still fit me in high school. We had it altered slightly so it didn't look like a bridesmaids dress. It was long, pink, lacey on the top and satin on the bottom. It was one of those that just went way out because I had a hoop on under it. I work long white gloves, a white bunny fur, my hair up in big curls and a tiara. Didn't it make you feel special?

#140546 - 02/01/08 11:55 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
i looked for a picture but couldn't find one However, the dress is still in my closet and fit until 5 years ago. (Going up to look at it...)

(Brought it down to the computer! )

Full-length, thin chiffon-like material in pale aqua over an opaque aqua slip. Pattern that could be called (VERY) abstract flowers or leaves in darker turquoise, lime-citron splotches, and fewer splotches in mid-light green. It looks like a painted watercolor and is very pretty and bright.

Empire waistband in satin turquoise. Matching big satin turquoise bow that pins on in back with a full-length narrow train that matches the rest of the dress. Sleeveless and scoop-necked.

My boyfriend was only an inch taller than me, so I probably wore low heels.

Poet and essayist

#140547 - 02/02/08 12:00 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: meredithbead]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I just remembered: full-length citron-lime gloves.
My hair was long and pinned up in back, with bangs. I had a braided crown hair piece that sat on top with the aid of bobby pins.

I'm sure I still have the hair piece way back in some closet somewhere!

Poet and essayist

#140548 - 02/02/08 12:36 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, girls I do remember my Prom dress it was Pink and what they called in the "60's" A Line with a satin train on it and I still have it in the closet here in the house . I don't think I can get into it though , but do have a picture to post . Oh, I did have white gloves and a white.
handbag and still have the evening bag also.

I had my hair in a french twist I think we called then . Oh, girls your dresses sound so pretty .

I remember mom only paid $30.00 for my dress in the 60's . Oh, what nice memories .

Renee

#140549 - 02/02/08 01:12 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Sadie]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Meredith, my date was actually shorter than me and I'm short. I was supposed to go to the prom with my high school sweetheart (first husband) but we had broken up. So I asked a boy who had graduated the year before. He was so excited that he even put lifts in his shoes, but I wore heels so I was taller.

I can't believe your girs still have your gowns. I wish I had mine. Not that it would fit.

#140550 - 02/02/08 03:26 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Louisa]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What prom? What boyfriend? I love vintage clothing and would love to see the gowns and accessorries. Can you believe clothing we wore is vintage and retro? I think I have my love beads and buffalo sandals from the 60s or a mini skirt and peasant blouse. These days I'd really enjoy having an occasion to dress up. No heels, of course, my feet have "matured."

Edited by Princess Lenora (02/02/08 03:28 AM)

#140551 - 02/02/08 04:06 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Okay, Princess and Lousia , guess I will have to send you a picture of me in my pink prom dress and the long white gloves that my mother took of me on my way to the Senior Prom . I had to ask the fellow across the street from me .to go to the prom with me .

Don't know how to post it on the site .

Renee

#140552 - 02/02/08 06:47 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Sadie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I never went to the prom. just one of the people who decorated the gym...helped make cherry blossoms tied to trees, did murals..

Like no kidding, some gals did wear kimonos for the prom...this is in Ontario.

I actually did not get this 'prom-like' feeliing until I attended a wedding this past summer in a black strapless dress with triple fine satin ribbon row finishes around bodice and on skirt hem. Yes...at age 48 yr. Gee....guess it's never too late.

I'm not whether to feel pathetic or thrilled. Seems like I do lots of stuff late in life....

#140553 - 02/02/08 08:55 AM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Renee, if you email me your picture, I can post it on the site for you. I wore a pink dress too! Wouldn't it be funny if we wore the same kind. I'm going to dig up a picture of me and post it.
Meredith your dress sounds just like you, colorful and bright.

#140554 - 02/02/08 12:38 PM Re: Describe the gown you wore to your senior prom [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I am so determined to find the photos of my 2 proms and post them....stay tuned....

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved