The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#140193 - 02/24/08 06:42 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yes, Celtic, it comes from a place in me that is very deep and I only tell my best friends or family.

For example, there is a song that never fails to make my younger son cry... I would not reveal that song either, it's a private thing for him and it is up to him to tell anyone that he feels deeply for it.

Sometimes a song, lyrics, or maybe music, can touch you deeply. It could be a cord, a lyric, anything about that song. There just happens to be one that struck me when very, very young when I was just single digets that still makes me feel deeply.

It's not meant to be a big mystery and it could be that songs are very important to me because I sing and dance them for work!

Dancer, shy, sometimes.

"Question your privilege"

#140194 - 02/24/08 06:54 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm another that loves "What a Wonderful World."
Never thought of it as a funeral song, but I may consider it, also. I've always wanted "I Come To The Garden Alone" to my parting song, mostly because it struck me deeply when my paternal granddad died and it was sung at his funeral... maybe because his was the first death I experienced in my family (other than a still born sister).
I still love that song, though... I remember listening with a stirring heart as Elvis gave his rendition when I was a child.

From sex to funerals... does this say something about us...lol.

#140195 - 02/24/08 08:05 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
ok, Dancer. Thank you! I have songs that mean very much to me and make me cry,too..music speaks to something almost primal (i don´t mean animalistic..eventho that is probably true too)..rather I mean..extremely deep down..to cell-memory level..I think some music moves you intensely and you don´t even know why..hence, cell memory..

AND music is very very personal..I may not like some piece of music..but someone else might..there is no right or wrong in music..and this is so wonderful, comforting and befreeing...

#140196 - 02/24/08 08:06 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
AND ladies..when you make love, you make music with your partner..and you feel and hear the music of the spheres..so..we´re not off the topic at all

Edited by humlan (02/24/08 08:08 PM)

#140197 - 02/25/08 01:39 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
And if you make love to different types of music, it changes the mood. Consider instrumental vs. rock.

#140198 - 02/25/08 02:07 AM Re: Can we talk about sex?
gims Offline

Loc: USA
OH, the visual!!!!!!

#140199 - 02/25/08 07:37 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Rock music and sex? Now you're talking! Iron Butterfly's Inna Gadda Vida on first night with my ex-husband.

#140200 - 02/25/08 08:44 AM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
lol gims. I thnk we're getting alot of visuals here. So funny; it's a Boomer pajama party! Gotta tell you...we prefer no music...cause when it's slow...we're fast, and when its' fast we're slow.. ..It's confusing enough as is.... .

#140201 - 02/25/08 12:10 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Hmmm...music and making love. It always is fun. We often used a lot of blues music. It can be very sultry and seductive. One time, though, hubby put on a CD and thought it was going to be sexy. We were getting into things and it started singing "John Brown's bones..." We looked at each other in surprise and started laughing. Once we got through the humor and changed the CD, we still did okay!

#140202 - 02/25/08 12:15 PM Re: Can we talk about sex? [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
dancer, its fine some bits of music are so personal that the meaning or emotion best left privatlie, for a whole host of reasons.....
i have a few just for me songs too...

HUMLIN i hear what your saying about music strirring at the celluar level with no knowlage why, I heard one song in public but it obsesed me finalie found it and keep it for special times, its kinda choiral and its amazine. Whats more amazing is the effect it has on me...which is not like it has on everione ...

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved