The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139837 - 01/27/08 05:30 PM Unsolved Mystery
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not certain where I should post, yet here it is.

A coworker's husband was arrested nearly two (2) decades ago for possession and selling drugs (not certain what kind). They were found in his vehicle trunk. He went to jail (Federal?) for 5 years. Has worked since, yet somehow skims the system. For instance, he actually gets disability (construction related) and worked a construction job in the State Capital (gosh, wonder what kind of background check was performed). Apparantly, money was never located for the sale of drugs (not certain how much weight in drugs was found in the trunk). Yet, now, today, they have a lake house, motor home, new vehicle, remodeling home (i.e., new kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, etc.) and vacations. He no longer works and collects disability. Hmmmm, is there a myster here?

Another mystery:

Neighbor across street's wife apparantly died of an 'accidental' gunshot wound to herself 3 years ago. Just a few months b/4 the 'accidental' death, husband increased her life insurance policy. They have only one child who is estranged -- does not like father. The gun that caused the 'accident' had been loaded by the husband and left in the house for her protection b/c there had been neighborhood bugalries. Now, most responsible gun owners keep the weapon and ammo not loaded and separate from each other; yet, readily available. Soon after his wife's 'accidental' death, he began to seek the comfort of neighboring women, to include myself. These women were either single, like myself, or stay at home moms -- women he though he could take care of or intimidate. We soon learned of his 'intentions' and kept barriers. He event went so far as to bang hard enough on a married women's (stay at home w/ 3 children while husband in middle east) door to the point it shook, frightening her and children. He stopped me in the mall and pushed me down onto a bench to 'talk'. Nearly 6 mths after his wife's funeral, he's had girlfriends come and go. To this day he says hateful and dishonest things as I walk by. I distance myself from him. Spooky.

Got any mysteries in your neighborhood?

#139838 - 01/27/08 09:26 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
the first one is hardly a mystery. The correct interpretation is -- the family captured a magic money-making machine on their last trip to Mars. Oh duh.

The second story is flat-out creepy. I hope one of the women he harasses will accidentally shoot him. Not that I'm suggesting you'd do something like that!

Poet and essayist

#139840 - 01/28/08 04:46 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: ]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
A strange thing happened to me on the way home yesterday that had me baffled. I was coming home around 3 p.m. To get home I have to go down one side of a divided highway and take a left at a light to get to the other side. I have to go on a green arrow and I always wait until it turns or I'd get killed. It's a wide turn that puts me into the right lane which is where I need to be because the first entrance to the complex is on the right. You have to get way over to the right after you go through one light.

So I made the turn and I'm driving along and notice this big black hummvee (however you spell it) in front of me. The driver has his arm out the window, straight up in the air and he's making an obscene gesture. I thought maybe someone cut him off and he was doing that to them, but I didn't see any other cars. There were none in the other lane, but someone could have been in front of him. But, I thought he was doing it to me and it upset me. I had no idea why he would be doing that. I couldn't have cut him off, I was behind him.

So now, I'm driving behind this jerk thinking maybe that's why he's mad and all sorts of road rage things are going through my head. Maybe he didn't like me being in that lane, but I had to be there for my entrance.

Don't it figure he goes way over to the right and pulls into my entrance. Of course, I was right behind him. Then I was thinking, he'd think I was following HIM. By then I was getting nervous and hoping he would keep on going out the other entrance or something. Well, doesn't he go park over where I park. I tried not to look at him and didn't think he got out of his car. I called my husband on my cell and told him to come out to the door and watch me come in.

I got out and walked into the complex. He was still in the vehicle. There is a guy who lives in our building who drives one of those, also with a dealers plate, which he had, but not that color, so I thought maybe it was him, but it wasn't. He got out and walked toward the building. I started to go inside our unit, which is the first unit. But my husband said to wait and just stand right there. This moron had a white tee shirt on and it was freezing out. We stood and watched him come in. I think my husband wanted to make sure he knew I was not alone since the guy already saw I came in there and could tell I lived there because I had a key. He also had a key, so he must live here. We did not recognize him at all.

My husband thought that I thought he was following me. I was behind him! Maybe he was doing that to someone else, and didn't even notice me and thinks we're two nuts standing in the hallway. I don't know, but don't you think it was strange?

#139841 - 01/28/08 08:08 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yes, it is strange Louisa.

Could you tell if the guy was watching you through his rear view mirror? If you know where he lives, maybe you and your hubby can just drop a note in his mailbox, and innocently ask him if you broke any traffic law, since you had the feeling you may have irritated him. Just ask him very politely in case he is a nut case. That way you may find some peace of mind.

#139842 - 01/28/08 10:06 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

There is a furniture warehouse where filing cabinets are sold.We went to buy one .Nice man helped us then when we want to pay this item we met the MAN.
This warehouse has a scheme where unemployed get back to work.And is a recycling facility of some note.Polish government have adopted the scheme and its a good concept..Our cabinet came from a bank.Office stuff is resonably priced there.I always encourage the trainees saying how helpful if they deliver etc..
And give a tip.When giving my address which is a housename then village then town the man said "No that village is in" (another town) I nicely said the address again.No he was having none of it..I did not get angry or laugh just stayed calm.Obviously he had a problem.But I needed to give him the delivery address.He continues to be awkward which was unreasonable .Of course I knew I was right but said I'd write my address down and my phone no. so the driver could get directions.
When the item was delivered I asked the man is he had trouble finding us.I was fishing a bit but no bother the delivery man said they had problems with the man in the office.He had been a trainee..then got the job which was paid.The trainees get unemployment benefit plus a small increase.Tjis MAN was on a salary now.The delivery man said he always had a problem like I had.But no one could do anything.
The local council have a share in this scheme. It helps the low paid buy furnitute it allows landfill to be kept for other use and social work give vouchers in dire need.All the items are donated.Its a wonderful concept.
My solution was to contact an elected councillor who knew who to speak to re. this issue.Not to complain but to observe and to trouble shoot.My biggest issue was that some of the trainees were there for twelve weeks only and that they deserved an enriching experience.
Whateer the MAN's problem it was profound.Could have been mental health or alcohol.He was argumentive and disrespectful to me. I did want to purchase an extra cabinet but felt I might not return if this was the norm.
I knew to do something...and until I go back wont know if the MAN is still the same.I will take a business card and pass it the next time.
MA

#139843 - 01/28/08 12:20 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Mountain Ash]
Louisa Offline

No Hannelore, I tried not to look at him and to stay as far behind him as I could. I didn't take the plate number but noticed it was a dealer's plate. I didn't realize he was going to pull into the same place. I figured he would just keep going and I woudl be home in a minute. I don't know why he stayed in the car afterward. (Maybe he thought I was following him and was afraid to get out.) LOL We don't know what unit he lives in. Neither of us recognized him. He doesn't live on our floor. That we know. I wouldn't talk to him. If I see him again, I will just keep on going. I may ask around though about him.

MA, if I were you, I wouldn't go back to that place. I wouldn't like giving my address to him either.

#139844 - 01/28/08 10:20 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Louisa]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Louisa...these day's you cannot be too careful...EVER. You did right in calling your husband...and I would not drop this guy a note...I would not give this guy the time of day. When you're alone like that...if you have to drive around the block and let your husband come out to the car to get you.
I had a man get mad at me once (road rage...because I would not pass a guy on a bicycle while on a small bridge. I waited until it was safe and then passed him. The German man was so upset because I slowed down that after I passed the guy on the bicycle he pull up alonside me and began to tell me how I should drive). He asked me why the (BLEP)didn't I pass the man? (Okay...I am normally a calm person until someone upsets me behind the wheel)...I looked at the man as if he'd lost his mind and said, "Because it was (Bleeping) unsafe!" He then pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes. I went around him and turned to go towards my village. Then he gunned his car and sped past me again and tried to stop me again...when I would not stop he followed me through the village. I decided to head towards the police station on the other side of the village but halfway through town the guy turned off onto another street. That night I parked my car in the garage in case the man tried to see if he could find me.
I'm tell you ladies, you should take no chances with any man...stranger or known neighbor who acts weird on you.

Mustang Gal...if it were me and I had a neighbor like you do and he tried to force me to do anything (referring here to him forcing you down on the bench), I'd tell him if he touched me again I was calling the police. You don't have to talk to anyone you don't want to, especially a man like that.

#139845 - 01/28/08 11:01 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Dee]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, these are all spooky and I hope you all stay alright!
I just read this thread. Everyone please be careful!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#139846 - 01/29/08 02:08 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: dancer9]
Louisa Offline

Wow, Dee. that was scary. That's why I got nervous. It wasn't because I thought someone was following me, I knew he wasn't. But, who knows if this screwball is going to pull out a gun next? We had a bad case of road rage here a year or two ago. You're right. Take NO chances.

#139847 - 01/29/08 05:11 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Louisa]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Louisa...yes, take no chance. I am cautious even walking to my mail box and I never, ever open my door to anyone I do not know. It's not paranoia...it's just the smart thing to do. Be aware of your surroundings, don't trust anyone, especially a strange man and don't let your guard down. It's a crazy, dangerous world we live in and sadly we cannot afford to take chances...there are too many normal looking nuts out there and I don't know the difference...so I am wary of anyone I don't know, especially when I'm alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved