The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139724 - 01/25/08 06:05 PM update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Here are some good ideas, (on a roll again!)

- To change your "look," change your eyebrow shape! You can wear different eye brow looks if you like. Just remember to keep the ends up, or even, if they are down, your eyes will appear to sag...
- Change all make up colors. Have your base checked to see if you are the same color match, change your blush, change your shadow if you wear it, and change your lipstick. You should have a daily lipstick you love and try on 100 if you have to in order to find it! Change the color!
- Throw aways ALL old make up. It collects bacteria and gets in your way. All those products you are holding onto "just in case," get rid of. Any unopenned makeup, donate to Women's shelters!
- Change your hair! If you want to, grow long hair, or go for a short cut, or if your hair is short, stop spiking it and go for soft curls, or if you don't spike it, try to texturize it with new products that add a texture that is new, like waxy products! If your hair is long, iron it for a change now and again, let it dry naturally now and again and get to know you hair again, try highlights or low lights! If your hair is short, high lights can be applied by yourself if you are careful, just ask for tips and I'll type you through it! You can change long hair by adding layers or getting rid of layers! Cut some bangs or let your bangs down if your hair is short to cover any forhead wrinkles, but then again, this is all for my hair thread!
- If you do not wear an SPF, do it NOW. It is never too late.
- Try a good self tanner. They look completely natural now and can give you a lovely look that you can keep or let fade as you feel like it! You can use the products that let you build a tan by applying it as you wish or you can go straight to dark! A tan in the winter says "rich," and looks rich on the skin! Don't tan in the sun or in a sun bed! The new products rock! Ask for good product choices if you need them!
- start growing your nails. Go to a manicurist and get a gel treatment on your nails and keep it up until they are as long as you like! It can change people's prospective of you right there! If you normally have color on your nails, ask your manicurist to buff the out for a shine that lasts as long or longer than color. If you never where color, find that perfect red. For anglos, cherry red, for olive skin, a blue-red and for asian skin, a yellow red!
-On the hair thread I will give ideas, but wear your hair up if you never do and wear it down if you never do!

There are SO many ideas! I'll be baaaack!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#139725 - 01/25/08 08:27 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Donate to womens shelters.Yes do .In fact yesterday I had a clean out and so many nail varnish unopened.The special needs dept at my daughters college welcome such bounty.

Love your post.Like a magazine dancer.Have you thought of doing a column in a magazine?
MA

#139726 - 01/25/08 11:45 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Hi, Mountain,
Yes, I thought of working for a magazine when I retire from dance! I have fun with it and so long as everyone here, or some here, like it, I'll keep posting things.

Thank you though, it's nice to feel appreciated!

dancer9

#139727 - 01/26/08 01:20 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: dancer9]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I had a box full of nail polish, most of which I usded maybe once or twice. I usually have my nails done now so I hardly ever use them anymore. I brought them into work (work in a nursing/rehab center) and donated them. They are always looking for nail polish to do the ladies' nails. Thanks for reminding me that I need to do my nails. I'm going to a party tonight.

#139728 - 01/26/08 01:57 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
As enticing as a self tanner sounds, I would be afraid of clogging pores and enlarging them. Is this an unnecessary worry?

#139729 - 01/26/08 06:32 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Yes, Hannelore, my love, it's a worry you need not have! Self tanners these days are fine. It's a bit better than brushing one on with a bronzer and does not wash off!

I enjoy those that build your tan. You can use the self tanner everyday until you reach a tan you like and then maintain it. You don't have to have a deep tan in a day BOOM, that you may not like. I decide to "tan," from time to time and always before summer starts so I can wear dresses right out of the gate. It can be a great new look for your face too, and can be used for changing your look for a bit!

Ask if you need product info and carry on without worries!
The new primers, by the way,are good for minimizing pores and Smash box has some really good ones for not too much money!

Peace out, Hannelore!
dancer

#139730 - 01/26/08 07:09 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: Louisa]
dancer9 Offline

Great Louisa! And happy party, tell us what you wore!
dancer

#139731 - 01/27/08 09:07 AM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks Dancer. Maybe I 'll give it a try, like you said at the beginning of summer.

#139732 - 01/27/08 09:13 AM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I always wear body moisturizer and love the products with the touch of color. I have very light skin, and these products just give a bit of color and glow.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#139733 - 01/27/08 05:47 PM Re: update/upgrade, your "look" & good ideas [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Anno,
Do you use the sort that build color over time or the sort that washes off? Do you use it on your face or on your body?
Just interested, don't answer if you don't want to!
dancer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved