The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#139165 - 01/29/08 12:15 AM Re: The New Hair Thread! [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
You will be able to feel it, Jaw Jaw, on the first application how it is doing. If it is doing well, I'd use it every third day. If you buy the curl definer, you will be very happy with your results probably by the first time you use it.

Oh, those trims are CRUCIAL! Every 6 weeks. Hair grows a half inch every month, decide how much to trim by that gauge.
You spread the definer in your hands and then apply to your hair and it should make those frizzies die down and make you hair very soft.
This stuff is not for children, it's great, again, I use it. It is for serious conditioning and it really sticks, it smells nice and if you read the reviews, most like it except those with thin hair or not a lot of hair because it's so thick a conditioner.

The reason I would shampoo and condition every three days at least is to give my hair more conditioner sooner. If you waited to shampoo too long, the hair would not be conditioned again until you did shampoo, you see? Also, if you have the curl enhancer working for you, you will be doing your hair a favor!

dancer

Edited by dancer9 (01/29/08 12:20 AM)

"Question your privilege"

#139166 - 01/29/08 12:28 AM Re: The New Hair Thread! [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I ran into the bathroom to see what I've been using here lately. It is Redken Extend. Is that a no-no?

#139167 - 01/29/08 12:28 AM Re: The New Hair Thread! [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Jaw Jaw,
You, personally, need, by the sound of your hair, a high quality, intensive product that is made for hair like yours. You see, we all have different hair like different bodies. Some bodies are tougher than others, some women are stronger than others.. Your hair, like mine, reacts to chemicals like it's been "hit," you see?

You, like I, need to mend out hair after it get's hit when another's hair might have felt a slight bump! Does this make sense?

Redkin is a good product for most. But if you have sensitive hair, you should treat it as you would sensitive anything.

Do you have sensitivities anywhere else on your body? Are you small boned? These things help us to understand our nail type our hair type, etc...

Pureology is not for everyone either. It is not for those whose hair is stronger than ours. Your hair may be curly but it is still sensitive or it would not react as it is to store bought color. Yes, it has metal, but some do better than you and I with metals.

You're special, you see?

Jaw Jaw, Have you tried a vinegar and water rinse yet? A couple cups of waterr to a little bit of vinegar before washing may help with the metal. Try it, and use white vinegar for light hair and red vinegar for dark hair. Try that asap.

dancer

Edited by dancer9 (01/29/08 12:36 AM)

#139168 - 01/29/08 12:37 AM Re: The New Hair Thread! [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

Jaw jaw,
I gave you a backwards recipe for the vinegar and corrected it, see my edit.
It's a little bit of VINEGAR!
d.

#139169 - 02/10/08 11:48 PM Re: The New Hair Thread! [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

Okay, it worked! Here is how we did it:
As I said, I have long dark hair and I wanted almost white high lights in it so that when my gray came in, it would blend with the highlights! It's working!

My hairdresser took pieces of my hair and bleached it out. She had to bleach it forever to take it to white because my natural color is black/brown! I was frightened of the bleach but I was a good sport.

After it was the right color, she took haircolor and did my roots. When my hair had processed, she took the tint and mixed shampoo with it and shampooed it into my hair. This made the white hair a light, light brown because the tint barely touched it. It worked and my hair was dark with very light brown pieces.

Now my hair has grown and some roots are out. She had placed the highlights where I am mostly gray so as my gray grew out, it just melded with the very light pieces in my hair! It is hardly noticeable! I used to have to color at least every four weeks. Now I have gained even a week and it does not look bad if I am late!

There you have it!

I'm about to go asymmetrical, soon, my trademark.

dancer

#139170 - 02/11/08 01:28 AM Re: The New Hair Thread! [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I've been a redhead all my life and I'm staying that way even though I see those shiny, white thingys coming through. My mom and one cousin went grey at 21.

I had curly hair most of my life, but now in the winter months without as much humidity it's just very wavy and I love it. I'll be looking for help with curly, frizzy stuff this summer.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved