The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#138947 - 01/25/08 03:46 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
M-4...thanks, Lola. How many M's are there? The London drive through was left-hand steering, which made it worse. However, when I had my 2nd tour in England in 1981 I knew I had to buy a car with right hand drive and my first British car was a Woosley (not sure of the spelling) and after that I had a Ford Anglia (I think a copper brown color with black top)(isn't that what's parked in the front yard of Daisy and Onslow in Keeing Up Appearances? That's about what mine looked like... Love that show. I eventually worked my way up to a small, compact Volvo. I must say it was quite a harrowing experience learning to drive in England in 1977...I about peed my pants when I forgot and drove on the right instead of the left...only did that a couple of times before it stuck. The round abouts are quite fun and practical...we need them in this country...too many traffic lights.

#138948 - 01/25/08 07:29 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Not enough M's. But, enjoy your traffic lights. Roundabouts can be annoying when it is the norm, especially when turning into roads which are made more narrow by double parking. A tad annoying on a three-point turn. 1977 must have been a good time to shift sides and learn to drive here as there would have been fewer cars to reckon with. Cheaper to get lost in London, too, as there would have been no congestion fee to drive into town and petrol less than they can be bought at £0.98 a litre now. Oh, I'd send you a Cornish pasty but, I doubt they'll keep fresh on their way to you or get through FDA clearing where one is compelled to fill in declaration forms...even for chewing gum. Still...setting all that aside, you must come back to visit some time.

Hi, Eagle. Hope all is well with you.

#138949 - 01/25/08 12:34 PM Re: I am in London [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hope your London trip gives you a bank of memories..I have had many visits and the buzz I get when there is great.
The museums and galleries for my study of Victorian Britain let me peep into another era.
yes its busy...built for another centuary.Not the hub it is now.
One favourie place is in Hyde Park.Peter Pans statue.I just adore the fun it depicts.
MA

#138950 - 01/25/08 02:03 PM Re: I am in London [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Gosh that looks like fun. I loved the picture of U three.
Never been to London but that museum looks neat and everybody there appears 2 B having a great time. Prayers and blessings to all of you and thanks for sharing your meeting. It's been a joy!!!

#138951 - 01/25/08 06:58 PM Re: I am in London [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola? LOLAAAAA? Is that you? I've tried calling you a few times, and no luck. So happy to see you are back and typing. Can I reach you at home? I have to wait a few days because I have a horrible laryngitis. You just might think a bully man is giving you a call. hahah
How are the grandbabies?

#138952 - 01/26/08 07:28 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore. What are you doing over there? Were you not supposed to be over here at this time?

I had previously diarised Anno's visit and checked in for updates prior to her departure from the States. She had phoned me on Thursday afternoon but, could only chat briefly as I was at work at the time. I'm off to my daughter's again at mid-afternoon today and will be, hopefully at some time, meeting up with her, Dennis and Po before catching the train.

Laryngitis? A blessing that fingers don't catch it, eh?

My grandchildren are fine. Hope is well with you and yours.

#138953 - 01/26/08 08:14 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yes, I'm sorry to say, I'm over here,...but in my thoughts, I'm with you gals. I couldn't make it for various reasons, but this trip is just postponed, so none of you go away!
How is your foot?

#138954 - 01/26/08 09:53 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I just heard that Lola will not be able to meet up with us. I have been able to talk with her briefly, tho, and that will have to suffice for this visit. Same with Celtic and L, we will not be able to meet them either. But with my sister now a Mrs living here, I suspect I will be back again soon.

The wedding was beautiful. Very small, with 20 friends and family members, but loads of fun for everyone.

It was the first time in 5 years that my sister, brother and I have been in the same place at the same time. What a treat that was.

I will attempt to send through a picture of the wedding later, right now the computer I am working on is being fussy. Today, Poppie, Dennis and I will get together one more time.

Love the new picture, Hannelore.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#138955 - 01/26/08 12:45 PM Re: I am in London [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

This is my sister and her new English husband:

This is a family picture. Me (holding Dennis up, my body is not that strange), Dennis, my brother and his partner, sister and BIL, his brother and sister.

Sorry they are so big, ladies. But did want to share something.

#138956 - 01/27/08 09:40 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Today is all about going home. It has been a wonderful visit and I met one of our friends here at BWS. Life can be so grand.

See you all in a few days when I back, safe and sound, in the cold and bitter Minnesota land.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved