The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#138937 - 01/22/08 10:29 AM Re: I am in London [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hey there Mom(Ann, Grannie Annie..t al...lol)

The link is working on my computer...I just tried it? Has anyone else?

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#138938 - 01/22/08 10:37 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Poppie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Poppie, The link works just fine for me!

#138939 - 01/22/08 01:46 PM Re: I am in London [Re: ladyjane]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
|Must have been the laptop I was using, works fine for me now, too.

~Thank you for bringing me back to that thread, Poppie. It brought back wonderful memories of how all of this came to be.

The sun is shining bright in London today and I am loving it. I just looked at the forecast and it says sunny for Friday, the day of the wedding. \Keep your fingers crossed ladies.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#138940 - 01/22/08 04:31 PM Re: I am in London [Re: Anno]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yup it worked for me too!

#138941 - 01/22/08 04:46 PM Re: I am in London [Re: Anno]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I´ve got this huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes..of sheer joy!!!! Please keep the fotos coming..when you have time!!! I would have loved to see Celtic "live" on a foto!!!!

Stonehenge..have you got time to vist Stonehenge?? Probably not with all the absolutely wonderful things happening for you..to you...

#138942 - 01/23/08 07:20 AM Re: I am in London [Re: humlan]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, I am still hoping Celtic and Lucien will be able to pop over for a day or two.

I love Stonehenge - both Dennis and I have been there twice. We actually haven't much time to do touristy stuff and I am finding touring around with Dennis to be a bit difficult.

This trip has reminded me how lucky we are in the states with our disabled citizens. There are few elevators here, and many that are here are too small for his wheel chair. Some subway stations have escalators, but they are difficult to manuevuer with the wheel chair. Cabs are outrageously expensive and the streets are so packed with cars that have the right-of-way over pedistrians.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#138943 - 01/24/08 09:12 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Anno]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ann, my son is in London right now and he said the same thing; traffic jams everywhere. He didn't sound too impressed. I've heard that everything is outrageously expensive in London, but at the same time most millionaires in the world live there.

I'm sure it isn't easy to get around with the wheel chair. Maybe a drugstore or the tourist center has information on wheelchair friendly routes?

Hope you have a lovely sunny day tomorrow at your sister’s wedding.

#138944 - 01/24/08 08:37 PM Re: I am in London [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
How's the trip going? Send us a photo of you guys all decked out for the wedding. Hi Poppie...so good to see your beautiful face and how lucky for you to meet Anno.

In 1991 I was driving to Wales after taking a Channel Ferry from France and was trying to drive around London via the M-something (not sure if it was the M-1 or the M-5...can't remember). Anyway, the more I tried to go around London the more I got into it and ended up smack dab in the middle by Picadilly Circus...with taxi's and double-decker busses honking and screaming all around me. I was a nervous wreck with a migraine headache by the time I finally got out of there. It was one of the most harrowing driving experiences of my life. I know Brits who refuse to drive in London...now I know why! But, I do love that city. I'd give anything to see it again...but, this time I'd take the train and underground.

#138945 - 01/25/08 12:30 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
The M4. With a right-hand or a left-hand drive, Dee?

#138946 - 01/25/08 02:42 AM Re: I am in London [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
(Lola, just a wee side-whisper: what a delight to see you!)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved