The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#13879 - 08/31/04 12:03 PM Teen pregnancy
stephy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Last time I researched this subject, teen pregnency was on the rise and I'm pretty sure it still is. I don't get why people just don't wait. I mean, your "innocense" is something very special and even though you may feel as a teenager you love a certain person, it isn't always true. Once you have sex with someone, again, your "innocense" is gone, you can't have it back and what if you regret having sex with that person, what are you ganna do then? This last school year alone, I knew 5 girls that where pregnet. A child truely is a blessing, but not when your a teenager. Not only are you only ruining your life, but also your childs because most of the time, you or your baby's father can't get a good education and a good job and then sometimes those children are left fatherless because there fathers run out, or mothers. It just makes your life and an innocents childs difficult. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I am personally waiting until I'm married, or until I find someone I truely love and care for and that they love and care for me. I need to know that it's truely something special. Not only that but aren't teenagers aware that AIDS is rapidly growing. Why shorten your life for one night? I don't understand my generation. There are few teenagers who I belive are mature and who actually think about what they do.

#13880 - 08/31/04 04:18 PM Re: Teen pregnancy
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Stephy:
Hooray for you! I applaud your decision to wait until marriage. [Smile] It's commendable that you consider the risks and consequences of your decisions so you can make good choices.

[Frown] Lots of teenagers just go with the flow without considering life-altering decisions and then just burden themselves and others who care for them with the consequences. They "enjoy the moment" but most of them have to regret their decisions afterwards [Eek!] .

[Smile] God bless you in all you do.

#13881 - 08/31/04 09:47 PM Re: Teen pregnancy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stephy, it's so refreshing having you in here. I also applaud your thoughts and choices. You sure have a good head on your shoulders.

To whom do you give the credit for your thoughts and choices other than yourself? Do you have many adults in your life who talk and listen with you? Family, teachers, ministers? Just curious...

#13882 - 09/01/04 02:40 AM Re: Teen pregnancy
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good girl Stephy, someone has taught you well and it sounds to me like you don't need any pier group or person leading you astray just to make you feel like part of the crowd. It's so much better to be above the crowd. Not stuck-up, just smarter and self assured in your own mind. You're so right and I'm an old lady compared to you and your friends and HIV/AIDS scares the beegeebies out of me. You stay focused and one day you'll be glad you did. I hope your parents are as proud of you as we all are.... [Big Grin]

#13883 - 09/01/04 11:42 PM Re: Teen pregnancy
stephy Offline

Hey everyone! Well, actually, I think the way I do becauseof my mommy. My mom and I are very close and I wouldn't want to do anything to dissapoint her or make her life crazier! [Big Grin]

#13884 - 09/02/04 12:29 AM Re: Teen pregnancy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Stephy,
I'm interested in knowing how your close girlfriends feel about this subject? I too applaud your parents for teaching you that your mind, body, and soul are precious gifts and should be treated as such. You are way ahead of the game girl.

I think some younger people "go all the way" (as we use to call it) because they interpret the act itself as a token of love and affection. They truly believe if they give of themselves, they will receive love in return. This is soooo wrong and where I'm sure your parents have taught you the difference. However, we also have to remember that not everyone enjoys the benefit of having loving parents so I think they go "looking for love" and THINK they have found it when someone acts as though they care, and insists "if you love me, you will."

I'm so glad you know this act of love is sacred Stephy...how smart you are!

JJ

#13885 - 09/04/04 08:20 AM Re: Teen pregnancy
stephy Offline

Well, actually about half of my friends don't think the way I do. They don't take it as seriously but they say it's because of problems with thier familys and they have to learn that sex won't solve any problems they have with thier familys, it'll only make then worse.

#13886 - 09/04/04 05:37 PM Re: Teen pregnancy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stephy, I'm glad to hear mothers can have such influence. That's awesome.

Have you told your mom that her influence makes a tremendous difference. She probably knows, but I think there are lots of mothers who think that once their kids are teens, they are under the influence of their peers only.

[ September 04, 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#13887 - 09/05/04 07:36 AM Re: Teen pregnancy
stephy Offline

Well, I do tell my mom she does have a big influence. I'm really close to my mom and I'm able to talk to her about anything. Well, I think alot of mothers still don't understand that most of the time when a person does something wrong it's a cry for attention. Also, alot of the times teenagers are under peer presure but if you talk to them, it will be less likely to happen.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved