The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#138358 - 02/17/08 04:49 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dee, this is incredible! And this is your first patchwork quilt? Girl, You are talented. I bet this will look lovely in your guest room.

#138359 - 02/17/08 09:11 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Dee]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Dee, that is gorgeous! How long did it take you?

#138360 - 02/18/08 01:02 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dee that quilt is just beautiful . Ihave one my MIL made when my husband and I were first married . I have to take a picture of it soon on the digital camera . My MIL desgined was bow ties and it is so pretty .

Lovely work , Renee

#138361 - 02/18/08 01:25 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Sadie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore...yes, humbly it's my first...if you could see it up close you'd see the boo-boo's.

Louisa...thank you...it took me about three to four weeks to make all the blocks and I did the strips in between the blocks and around the blocks in one day...but I only worked that fast because my instructor wanted to use my quilt top in class to demontrate how to base the layers together...I'd never do that again...way too much work at once.

Renee...Please...we must see your quilt. I've seen the bow tie block and it's really beautiful. That was so sweet of your MIL to make that for you. I hope to do the same for my boys one day as I get more experience. Can't wait to see it!!

JJ...thanks for resizing the pic for me and for your sweet comments in your PM. You're a sweetheart.

#138362 - 02/18/08 05:48 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Dee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dee, this is lovely! You're so talented

Poet and essayist

#138363 - 02/18/08 05:58 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Well girl, you outdid yourself. Are you absolutely positive this was your first quilt? I am so impressed!!! You did a great job. What is the square in the upper left hand corner called? I've never seen that before.

#138364 - 02/18/08 01:29 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Wow, Dee...absolutely marvelous! How pretty! Now I understand how hard you're working at this! Good for you! And the nice thing is that you want to start another when this is finished...you're hooked, girl!

#138365 - 02/18/08 03:41 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: ladyjane]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dee your quilt is really very pretty. I love it. You are quite talented. Congratulations.

I tried one time but couldn't get the jest of it so have not tried again even though it naggs me. I do lots of crafts throughout the year and would love to do a quilt but have not gotten the idea yet. You show me it can be done. Thanks and good luck with it all.
www.tidedancer.com

#138366 - 02/18/08 06:35 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Sandpiper]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sandpiper...I can't take most of the credit...that goes to my instructor...she's had 30 years experience and is the sweetest lady...doesn't fuss about mistakes (which mine is loaded with). I would have never tried this by myself...it took being in a group of other newbies and with someone who has a lot of patience...LOL).

Gims...the square in the left hand corner is called CARD TRICK. I found it on the internet, copied it and went from there. I absolutely love that one and the Ohio Star.

LadyJane...so sweet of you to say so...I'm blushing now...

Merideth...I call it more determination than talent (and luck)...LOL

#138367 - 02/19/08 01:57 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Which is the Ohio Star?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved