The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#138152 - 01/16/08 03:09 AM A separation that may have worked
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
One of my older sisters, who lives in another country, has had a 6 months separation after 22 years of marriage. They have two teen kids...girl and boy. Neither of them like their Dad, sadly. And, after all the junk my sis has had to endure, she just about lost love for him. He's extremely selfish and CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP. Been an absent father-type since he's self employed and always had the "I have to work" excuse whenever a family event or a school performance was at hand.

So, they agreed to a separation in June. On Jan 1 of this year, my sister took him back and tells me that it's like he's "risen from the dead". A HUGE difference already!

Granted, I don't have all the details, but she says he's changed quite a bit. During this 6-month hiatus from marriage, they did date on Sundays and she was giving him in-depth "talks" about what she expects etc. She was teeter-tottering about whether or not to take him back. She'd see "some" signs, but also knew that some changes really could not be made until he were back home. So, she let him back in.

I applaud her for doing this. She and I have been communicating all thru this time. I've been praying for them/him. God really needed to do just about a complete personality change on my bro-in-law.

Once I get an update from my sis, I'll update here. But I wanted to give a PRAISE to a hopeful situation that may have been doomed.

#138153 - 01/21/08 06:10 PM Re: A separation that may have worked [Re: Di]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Well, I was impressed anyway!

So far, they are ok...he is helping a lot with dinner etc. And apparently laughing more! Seems that, since he became a father, all humor got pushed out the door. Sad thing, because when we met him he was so funny!!

I continue to pray for his salvation and to be touched by the Holy Spirit.

#138154 - 01/22/08 01:35 AM Re: A separation that may have worked [Re: Di]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Good for your sis for doing what she needed to do for herself. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is taking that first step towards changing one's life. He must love her if he's changing for her...good for both of them and they'll be in my prayers.
And, too, I think men get lost in their work and the reason he's working so hard is for his family. They get lost doing what they feel they need to do to give their family a good life. I'm just guessing here as to why your sister's husband worked so hard and became cheap...Anyway, I'm glad that she was able to reach and and he's responsing...that's the most important thing and obviously their marriage is still important to them. Bless ya'll.

#138155 - 01/24/08 01:55 PM Re: A separation that may have worked [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He must have realized how serious she was. He also was awakened to what life was like without his family. Ouch. Hearing about separations that don't end in divorce is encouraging. It's rare that you hear this.

#138156 - 02/02/08 12:52 PM Re: A separation that may have worked
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
it is rare but im delighted it worked out good so far. hope it continues. A bit off good news

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved