The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137887 - 01/14/08 04:30 PM Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi all,

I would appreciate any prayers for my daughter Sofia. She is alone and has had a devastating break up with her boyfriend. This caused much anxiety and she is in the hospital now. She is 8 months pregnant and they might start to induce labor. Richard and I are going there to be with her. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Blacksburg and hopefully she will be feeling better in no time.

I know what she is going through. I was eclamptic and came close to death myself. Good thing she in the hospital and being forced to rest.

Please pray all will be alright with her and that she finds peace with all that has been thrown at her. It's a sad situation and I feel so helpless.

I know God is in control! I have to believe I will be coming back with a praise report on this.

Thanks and Blessings.

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#137888 - 01/14/08 04:45 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
So glad that you're going to be with her, Cathi. She will need your support and strength. I'll be praying and waiting to hear the news.

#137889 - 01/14/08 04:57 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: ladyjane]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thank you LadyJane. I am so blessed to have so much support. I will be taking my laptop with me, and hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch and let everyone know.

I am guilty of doing something I never thought I would do. I got angry with God and I should know better than that. Still, He walks with me! I feel it!

Love and Blessings,
Cathi

#137890 - 01/14/08 05:54 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Cathi, do keep us updated. Add my prayers.

#137891 - 01/14/08 09:04 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
A broken heart and pregnant. What a terrible combination. I'll add you and your daughter in my prayers that all will go well.

#137892 - 01/15/08 04:26 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I wish her lots of luck, for baby and beyond!

#137893 - 01/15/08 06:18 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hoping the best for Sofia!

Poet and essayist

#137894 - 01/15/08 08:52 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

My prayers and thoughts are with you..little baby how wonderful
Mountain ash

#137895 - 01/15/08 02:21 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi, I just read this. Not only is God with you, but so are you sisters here. Please let us know as soon as you can how your daughter and baby are doing. Stand fast in your faith, dear friend!

Much love to all concerned. JJ

#137896 - 01/15/08 06:48 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: jawjaw]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi: I am saying a prayer right now as I read. Sad to know she is going through this, but glad to know that God is in control.
Please, keep us posted, as you can. And don't worry... God understands our emotions, and still cares deeply enough to forgive us and heal our wounds. He will strengthen you, that you may help your daughter in her time of need.
NABBW & NAWW

#137897 - 01/17/08 05:19 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Songbird]
Wisdom&Life Offline

I am one pooped grandma right now so I will make this quick. God has answered the prayers. After a very long labor and a difficult delivery (I felt so bad for what Sofia went through), Zoey Marie was born at 7:30am this morning Jan 16, weighing 6 lbs 6 ounces.

I was there throughout the whole event. My hands are scarred from Sofia squeezing and scratching them during her worst time of it. They had to use the vacumn on Zoey's head, but I saw her come out and I did the honor of cutting the cord! She is a beautiful girl, and very healthy.

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#137898 - 01/17/08 05:43 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
gims Offline

What great news!!!
Zoey - what a darling name, grandma.
Welcome to the world of real LOVE.
So, what is Zoey going to call you... it's very important, you know.

#137899 - 01/17/08 05:55 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
congrats on the new granddaughter! Glad all went well

Poet and essayist

#137900 - 01/17/08 10:56 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: meredithbead]
ladyjane Offline

Congratulations, Cathi! It's so beautiful to witness the births of our grandchildren as I have, too. I'm so glad that's behind all of you. Wishing you the best!

#137901 - 01/17/08 12:09 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Congratulations, Cathi! I was there for the birth of my granddaughter as well. What an awesome experience. Such an exciting time. Enjoy it!

#137902 - 01/17/08 03:54 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Cathi, letting my breath out now...CONGRATS! I cannot wait to see pictures of this grandbeauty! Hugs to all, JJ

#137903 - 01/17/08 11:35 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Grandma and Zoey!

#137904 - 01/17/08 11:42 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Sofia wants her to call me yiayia, this is Greek for grandma.

Please pray she comes back home with us. We just assured her that she and Zoey would have so much support with us. She has our support anyway, but being with us can assure her of the help she will have available at home.

Cheers,
Cathi

#137905 - 01/17/08 11:45 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh honey, what a beautiful picture. You are both being born, in a sense, aren't you? Look for love to come to you in so many new ways now. I pray that they both go with you and have a beautiful, healthy life. Congrats!

#137906 - 01/18/08 01:52 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

I couldn't resist ladies. This is Sofia and Zoey.

#137907 - 01/18/08 01:58 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks your majesty, you're right, even grandpa is doing some growing. I pray her and Zoey come home with us, if not, I'll be here at least every other weekend. It's only 5 hours away.

On that note, this is Zoey up close and personal.

Thanks for your support, I love you all alot. I knew I could count on my sisters at a time like this. You all helped get through the rough spots.

God sure has a way of making things okay. Jesus was right, don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will have their own worries. God really came through, as He has all the time! Lesson number #1, God knows what He is doing!

Cheers,
Cathi

#137908 - 01/18/08 03:11 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Cathi, that was a roller coaster! I like the pic of you and Zoey. I'm glad there is the brighter side. L, PL

#137909 - 01/18/08 08:18 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yiayia! What a fun word for Grandma! How is it pronounced? Can you write it phonetically?

Welcome pretty little Baby Zoey into this big world. And what a beautiful Yiayia you have.

Hopefully Cathy, you will be able to experience all the joys of grandmother hood in your own home. I'm all smiles for you.

#137910 - 01/18/08 10:46 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

I adore the pics, Cathi! Thank you so much for allowing us a peek at this very exciting time! HL, my two little grandchildren call the other grandmother "YiaYia"....basically pronounced "yaya" (short "a") with that little zing of an "i" in there. Greek for Grandmother!

#137911 - 01/18/08 02:22 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi: Praise God for his goodness! I'm so glad your Sofia and Zoey are doing well. Congratulations again and thanks for the pictures. Enjoy your bundle of joy and God bless each of you abundantly.
NABBW & NAWW

#137912 - 01/18/08 04:34 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Songbird]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thank you Songbird I'm so glad everything seems okay now.

HL, LJ is right about the pronounciation. I would add to that, putting together twice the German word for yes as one word.

LJ, I didn't know you have a Greek in your family!

I don't think she is going to come back with us, I get the feeling she's been talked into staying here. She will be with the boy and his mom for two weeks. I'm just glad she isn't going to be all by herself with Zoey right now. I have a plan b and thank God she isn't too far away and I like driving. So I will be able to come every two weekends. Since she has her own apartment, it will be financially possible for me to make more frequent trips here. It's the hotels that kill me financially each time I come here. Now I just pray the gas prices will not go too much higher, LOL. No matter, for Zoey and Sofia, I will cut corners if need be.

Anyway, I let it be known I will be here more often.

But I want to point out, if God was never clear to me before about taking care of things, He is clear now. Or better yet, my eyes have been opened as far as God's assurance of taking care of this. God will make a way and I need to enjoy both Sofia and Zoey. Especially Zoey as she will be going through her growing up stages.

Thanks ladies, it's really good to know I can come here and know whatever happens, I have a place to come to.

I have a feeling I'm going to be in the grandparent's section more often now, LOL.

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#137913 - 01/18/08 04:40 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

BTW, Zoey is the literal word in the Greek for life. How fitting is that?

#137914 - 01/18/08 04:56 PM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: Wisdom&Life]
ladyjane Offline

That's so nice, Cathi! Isn't being a new grandma...um, YiaYia exhilerating? Our family YiaYia is my daughter's husband's Mom, the in law. You will so enjoy spending time with both of them, watching all of Zoey's changes and being a great support to your daughter. Enjoy!

#137915 - 01/19/08 06:03 AM Re: Sofia's Pregnancy - Complications [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Wouldn't yia yia be with the schwa sound? instead of the short a? Either way, when that little one starts using it, i'll be like heaven calling -- heehee, until you have a room full of them fighting and making all kinds of noise! Can you tell I kept some of my seven last night? I shouldn't have given the chocolate!

Love the pics, yia yia cathi... esp the one of you and little Zoey.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved