The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#13777 - 11/11/03 11:02 PM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
No darts from me, either, Girlie.

I have come to a similar conclusion in my present journey. I'm going to be and do who I am, and my husband-on-paper is not going to change that, and my circumstances are not going to change that, and my illnesses are not going to change that! I'm damned well going to be the best Lil I can be... be the person God wants me to be, do the things God wants me to do, and take whatever pleasure I can in that journey. It's good for my heart to hear you doing the same in tough circumstances.

Blessings,
Lil

#13778 - 11/12/03 02:25 AM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
never threw a dart in my life [Smile]

and i'll be the first one to fight for your right to do whatever you need to do -- and support you through it all --

only you can know what's in your heart -- and where you're breaking point is -- so if you just need to scream and *&^%% to help you get through the day -- well then i think you know you found the place to do that

and i agree with you about this fast paced crazy world -- i always wonder what the hurry is -- i asked my son once (after driving with him somewhere) -- why are you in such a hurry to get to the end of the road ????? enjoy the trip [Smile]

i just wish God would tap a few other people on the shoulder -- but then -- maybe they're just too busy to notice [Smile]

#13779 - 11/12/03 04:08 AM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
amen sister...you tell um and I'll pat my foot.

Slow down and smell the coffee...unless, of course, you are Dotsie who for some unknown godly reason doesn't drink it. Go figure... [Wink]

#13780 - 11/27/03 10:15 AM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Here's a little update on my situation. My husband went into a rehab and was there for 11 or 12 days, which was all the insurance would pay for. They were satisfied that he had enough coping skills and moral support to go on and do well without long term care. He's home now and really trying to make up for lost time. He seems to have a new level of appreciation for life and for his family, and he can't understand how I can be such a good wife when he's fallen so short of being a good husband. I don't see it that way but it's interesting the way we see ourselves. He doesn't see that almost everything was good, it was just the drug thing that makes it bad. Take that away and we fall into normal mode, complete with dancing in the kitchen.
So it will be a complete family Thanksgiving. And for that, I am thankful.
Have a wonderful day Ladies. [Wink]

#13781 - 11/27/03 04:56 PM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dreamrkate, so glad to hear YOU are feeling good about his recovery. Just offered up a little prayer that this Thanksgiving would be an especially great one for you and your family. [Big Grin]

#13782 - 11/27/03 11:27 PM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
(((((((((( Kate )))))))))))

i am sooooo happy for you and your family -- i truly do relate to the happiness you feel right now -- and my prayers are for your future

half the problem with addictions is feeling you dont deserve to be loved/cared for by wonderful people -- keep telling him that part of the reason you're so "wonderful" is because of him !!

my heart is full for you today [Embarrassed]

#13783 - 11/28/03 07:28 AM Re: I'm new to this...but...is anyone here dealing with a drug user?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Thank you both for your wonderful thoughts and prayers! It was an absolutely wonderful day. Scott helped with all the preparation ....and getting all my huge gourd mess off the dining room table and safely in boxes out in the garage, a chore in itself. All the kids were home, with boyfriend and girlfriend. Lots of laughing and razzing around the table, coffee and a card game afterward. And the clean up went fairly quickly. We all throroughly enjoyed it. We are truly blessed.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved