The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#137551 - 01/21/08 02:44 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: jabber]
QBall101 Offline

Dee, I'm glad to know you husband has pillow case stuffing problems too. Chickadee Thanks for the tip!

#137552 - 01/23/08 02:35 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: QBall101]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I like a made bed however I can't seem to get it done all the time. We have a comfortor so it's easy to just pull it up when I get out of bed. I don't usually move about much. When my hubby is home he'll help without any problems. He'll help put the sheets on also if he is home.

I grew up where we had to make our bed daily. I like a pretty bed but am usually to busy to worry about it these days.
www.tidedancer.com

#137553 - 01/23/08 02:41 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: Sandpiper]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I make our bed about 95% of the time. It just feels so much nicer to crawl into at night.

Also, I fold laundry on our bed, so if it's not made we may find underwear in the sheets for a few days. A nice smooth blanket/comforter on top makes for a good folding area.

Kathy

#137554 - 01/23/08 02:43 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: Sandpiper]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Nice to see you here, Sandpiper!

I actually have been making the bed more often now, inspired by this thread...it's impossible to make it now without thinking of all my other boomer sisters out there making (or not making) theirs. Is it weird that it makes it more enjoyable knowing that so many of us are out there somewhere pulling up those sheets and comforters?

(Maya Angelou)

#137555 - 01/23/08 08:20 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: Eagle Heart]
QBall101 Offline

Eagle you're too funny! Now I can imagine all the Sisters making beds or tossing comforters up --then we run to our computers!!! I always say I'm going to check the weather, then forget and DH asks me what's the weather and I stand there looking dumfounded. LOL If it werent for my Foot I'd starve to death, cause I'm always sticking it in my mouth. LOL

#137556 - 01/23/08 11:24 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: QBall101]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Thanks Eagle. I made a promise to myself to take the time each day to come home (BWS) and chat with everyone. I have been so busy that I put it off and missed all of you terribly.

You are so funny. I also will be thinking of you all when I am making (maybe) my bed. One of my problems is that my hubby is an over-the-road driver and when he is not here I sometimes sleep in the living room in a recliner (can breathe better). Then I use the bed to go through my various-promise-to-sort-out boxes. Many nights I have to just put all the things I've gone through back into the box if he comes home and I've not finished the job. Hmmm I think that is why I never get it done.

Love all of you.
www.tidedancer.com

#137557 - 02/06/08 03:49 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: Sandpiper]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chickadee....thought I'd let you know...Larry tried your technique for putting the pillows in the cases and he was impressed...he thought that was pretty cool...so do I. Thanks so much!!!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved