The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137541 - 01/13/08 09:50 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have a comforter on mine and it just takes one good shake and its nice and neat, then I throw on some additional pillows that match the comforter and whalla, good as new. I am a very still sleeper, in one spot, so there is usually little upheavel to straighten...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#137542 - 01/14/08 01:37 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Not really. We just pull the duvet and sheets up.

As a child, we sort of had bedcovers. Then my mother just asked each of us just to fold our blankets and place them at the foot of our bed. Just so bed looked tidy during day.

But really..it's kind of a Western culture thing...which is why I grew up in a household where it wasn't really followed. This duvet/fancy bedcover and decorative pillows display.

#137543 - 01/14/08 01:40 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
every single day I make my bed and even put it's decorative pillows on it. If I take a nap, I remake the bed. It's just because it looks prettier!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#137544 - 01/14/08 04:05 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: humlan]
QBall101 Offline

Gosh, Louisa gets her ed made. I'm impressed. I do have Dotsie's luck occasionally if I catch my hubby and hog tie him 'verbally' he'll help. Like some of you I'm starting to thik of it as a chore that could be replaced with better things to do. I think after reading these, I'm going to lighten up & just straighten it a bit & save the formal making up for when someone's going to walk by it, see it a lot during the day or company. I had to laugh about the folks that make a bed at a hotel. My MIL does that. Just blows my mind, I didn't dare bring that up..I had no idea anyone else did such as that. She was leaving our home after a visit and I took the sheets off her bed to wash B4 she left. She Still put the spread on over a sheetless bed.
speaking of bed..I'm outta here.

#137545 - 01/14/08 09:38 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: QBall101]
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes.. after airing it.
Mountain ash

#137546 - 01/14/08 01:37 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Everyday! I like things neat & tidy.

#137547 - 01/16/08 04:07 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: Cookie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
99.9% of the time I make our bed. Like Dotsie, if I catch my husband in the bedroom at the right moment, he'll help...he did that tonight when I was putting fresh sheets on the bed. He fussed at how hard it is to get the pillows in their cases. I must admit, I like pulling back the bedspread and sheet and climing into a bed that has been made up.

#137548 - 01/16/08 04:17 AM Re: DO you....... [Re: Dee]
chickadee Offline

Dee, this is for your hubby. Pillow casing made easy. Turn pillowcase inside out. Put your fingers down and grab the inside corners of the pillow case. Pinch the corners of your pillow and pull it up through the case.

#137549 - 01/16/08 02:54 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

Thanks Chickadee...I'll let him know...I think he gets a kick out of knowing he's got lots of you out there for him. He asked me this morning before leaving for work (I'd read him the dare piece and we both laughed). He said, these ladies hear about me? I said, yep...only the good stuff...LOL. Thanks Chick!!

#137550 - 01/16/08 03:09 PM Re: DO you....... [Re: humlan]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I make the bed everyday, unless I'm sick. I like things neat and tidy. But that's just one of my idiosyncrasies.
If other people don't make their beds everyday, that's cool. Whatever you do and however you do it, is fine with me.

Edited by bonnierose333 (01/16/08 03:11 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved