The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137305 - 01/11/08 04:13 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
QBall101 Offline

Ladyjane,
I couldn't help but laugh when I read your initial post Amos on the L Andy on the R. My husband's cousin had twins & every picture of them had that same statement, X or the Left, Y on the Right..those girls still get in that formation for pictures! LOL Wwe have had a few 'come here' aka stray kitties over the years and all were so blessed with their own unique personality. We also adopted 2 from our local town square. Meaning they were running around town homeless, kids saw 'um, we brought 2 home. Gave both guys names and later one turned out to be a she, name change! I am considering getting my Aussie a kitten for her 1st B-day this spring if she seems to have mautred enough to
'Play Nice', I think she'd love the company and I enjoy having a Cat in the mix. I can just imagine them snuggled up in the Igloo. Your boys are adorable!
I enjoyed all the Kitty stories here..sounds like fun in a Feline sorta way.
QBall

#137306 - 01/11/08 04:17 PM Re: My kitties [Re: QBall101]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
QBall, it seems it would be a good time to get a kitten with another one just a year old...hopefully young enough to bond and play. My two older kitties weren't impressed a tfirst. Now the siamese thinks he's their mother (even though we refer to him as Uncle Buddy)...it's so cute to watch....he checks on them often just to see where they are, washes them, plays with them...very cute! As for Uncle Wilson...he's slowly warming up but still thinks they're a nuisance most of the time!

#137307 - 01/11/08 04:18 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Oops....I think your Aussie is a dog.....sorry! But still the same thing....he should be young enough to bond fairly well and they'll grow up together.

#137308 - 01/11/08 06:36 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
glessmom Offline

Loc: WI
Your kitties are all precious! We are definitely cat lovers at our housa! Love dogs too - but not grown up enough for the constant responsibily! We do have a grand dog that we babysit for once in awhile, but that's it!

We had 2 cats that lived to be 17 years old. When the last one passed - we went to the Humane society and adopted a beautiful guy we named Ricky. He is probably 3 years old now - we've had him for about a year. Long-haired tiger male - weighed in at 8 poinds when we adopted him - and weighs in at 16 now! Didn't realize that he could not handle the perpetual feeder thing without going totally nuts on food! Now he gets fed twice a day - and maybe has lost an ounce or two! LOL

Ricky is like a dog. He will come on command - sit - high five - lie down - jump up! What this cat will not do for a treat! Never had a kitty quite like him! : )

www.ugomom.com

#137309 - 01/11/08 08:45 PM Re: My kitties [Re: glessmom]
QBall101 Offline

Ladyjane,
How quickly you caught that ooops. LOL Razzi is a dog. I think if I had been going to get her a kitten right away it should have been when she was tiny. But, then I wanted her to bond with her humans vs another pet. Now, at 50 pounds & 9 months old..she's still a bit to rough and tumble for a kitten playmate. She does love seeing the kitties at the vets..(in the adoption pen in the lobby). So, I'm thinking when she's a bit more mature and also, the weather is warmed up enough for us to have plenty of outside quality time to referee, might be the best timing for a new family member. You're so right though - IF they were both cats, the sooner the better for introducing a new one so they can grown up together. Believe it or not, I have had much success with odd friendship or at least tolrances of critters,
domestic and wild.
I absoulty LOVE Wilson's Look, (the black w/ white eyebrow- hope I got his name right) He reminds me of that MR. Sheffield from "The Nanny" & some other delicious actor. In Cat form of course.
QBall

#137310 - 01/11/08 08:45 PM Re: My kitties [Re: glessmom]
ladyjane Offline

Wow, Linda, you have a very talented cat....hope you've videoed some of this! You never know, do you? They all have such distinct personalities of their own and when they're babies you can't be sure how they'll be months later. I've had all kinds!

#137311 - 01/11/08 08:50 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Yes, Wilson is quite a handsome, suave and very cool boy. He also has a very bad attitude when cold weather comes. He gets so mad at me as if to say"will you DO something??!!" He loves the Spring, summer and fall when he can be outside rolling in the dirt, eating grass and just exploring.

#137313 - 01/11/08 10:06 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love all of these stories and these babes are beautiful! Thank you all for sharing.

A cat that will sit pretty for treats? Wow...now THAT is someting!

#137314 - 01/11/08 10:13 PM Re: My kitties [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Anne, I remember us talking on another thread about yours and my cat jumping all over us in the early A.M. Remember? Well, Wilson is the one who does all those evil things at 5 A.M.....like dive bombing me off the bureau and pulling at my hair with his teeth. Nice. But he really IS a love as I know yours is, too!

#137315 - 01/11/08 11:20 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Now, friends....remember how I started off this day with such adoration for Amos & Andy???? About a half hour ago I walked into my bedroom to find my plant pot uside down on the floor empty....a pile of wet potting soil all over the place...and NO plant!!!! I couldn't find it! I vacuumed the mess while "the boys" scattered (they knew I wasn't happy)....I took a flashlight and started looking around and finally found the uprooted plant UNDER the bed scattered everywhere. That's what kittens are really all about!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved