The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137295 - 01/11/08 01:50 PM My kitties
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
There seems to be many more "dog people" on here than kitty folk....but I wanted to share a newer photo of Amos and Andy in snooze mode. The boys will be 6 months old in a couple of weeks and they've added so much joy to our lives...just wanted to share! (Amos on left and Andy on right)

#137296 - 01/11/08 02:29 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ahhhh...they are precious! And they have their arms over one another. How cute is that? I love kittens, and if it weren't for the fact that Trixie thinks they are snacks, I'd for sure have one, or two. Thanks for sharing the pic LJ, and for the record, love YOUR new pic!

#137297 - 01/11/08 02:36 PM Re: My kitties [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Thanks, JJ but I think it kinda makes me look evil....(deep laughing HEHEHEHE)

#137298 - 01/11/08 02:42 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

And, JJ, Trixie is much nicer to you and your home than a couple of kittens would be! These guys have been so destructive that it's scary! Several times a day they go into psycho mode and literally climb the walls, curtains, try to eat the lovebird, scratch up my legs...we have to put them to bed in their own little room every night or we'd never sleep around here!

#137299 - 01/11/08 03:08 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

How cute they are...I miss kittens. They're so playful ... and yes, destructive. They can be so cuddly and loving and warm. I miss them. Give them a cuddle from their new Aunt Dee...(hide the toilet paper...kittens make good shredders)LOL.
LOVE the picture.

#137300 - 01/11/08 03:20 PM Re: My kitties [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I had a cat one time I called Lucifer. No, that wasn't the real name, but this cat would hide on top of the wood rack right outside the kitchen door. It lead out into the garage. When you walked out of the door, the cat would jump on your head.

Have that happen around 6:00 am when you're leaving for work, half awake, with a hot cup of coffee in your hands. I was married then, and when I finally caught on to her, I would wait until my husband walked out first, she attacked him, and then I would ease on out to my car. It went like this:

Door opened: Meowwwwwww!
Husband: Ackkkk! Ouch! Hot! You son-of-a-beep!
Cat: heeheheheeh....

Me: Buy Hun, have a nice day...hehehe....

#137301 - 01/11/08 03:29 PM Re: My kitties [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Sounds good to me, JJ. It was my hubby who fell in love meeting them and THEN called me. And guess who takes care of these little critters?? I do admit to being hopelessly smitten with them. Amos is the lovebug (my name for him). He cuddles me and strokes my hair and neck...what a doll. Andy is hubby's cat in a way...he's more aloof and independent and just wants to hang out with Frank when he gets home everyday and at the shower when he's in it. It's funny how different they are! Of course, now my two older cats have just told me how jealous they are that I put the "little monsters" online for all to see and NOT them. hmmm They're sitting here giving me the eye.

#137302 - 01/11/08 03:42 PM Re: My kitties [Re: jawjaw]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I love cats Lady Jane. Right now I have 5 of them. One of them I adopted from the shelter 13 years ago and the others showed up one by one over the years, claiming they lost their mittens and it was cold....could they please have a dish of food and a warm place to sleep for the night. I'm a sucker for a sad story.

#137303 - 01/11/08 03:51 PM Re: My kitties [Re: Cookie]
ladyjane Offline

Oh, Cookie, do I ever know what you mean...and it's nice to see another feline lover here! I've also adopted many strays into my home over the past 37 years or so. We have one that "visits" now but he disappears for days before showing up again. The reason I can just smile and give him a little pat is that he's healthy, shiny coat and not a bit hungry...he's just visiting my cats, I guess (I have 4 now). But he's UNneutered which really bothers me a lot. I don't get why people just let their animals go like that.

#137304 - 01/11/08 04:08 PM Re: My kitties [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Oh sorry but here goes....my jealous older cats get their way. Meet Buddy, 8 years (seal point siamese) and Wilson (all American black cat with one white eyebrow)12 years. There, boys....do you feel better now??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved