The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#13693 - 05/06/03 05:34 PM sleeping disorders
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I continue to hear more and more about sleeping disorders. Is it our age, menopause, too much to do? Who knows, but there seems to be more about it in the media too.

I read in the local paper that lack of sleep can put you at risk for obesity, diabetes, or heart disease. It has something to do with our ability to process glucose when we don't get enough sleep. We also feel exhausted and less likely to exercise.

Tolearn more check out these sites:
www.umm.edu/sleep
www.nhlbi.nih.gov/about/ncsdr/
www.sleepfoundation.org

#13694 - 05/22/03 10:52 AM Re: sleeping disorders
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
hmmmmmm sleep disorders ---- let's see ---- it's 4:15 am and I've been awake since 3 ----- nope --- haven't experienced any sleeping problems lately [Big Grin]

#13695 - 05/22/03 04:21 PM Re: sleeping disorders
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You are not the only woman I have seen in here in the middle of the night. You are doing the right thing though. I think lying in bed, thinking, wondering, worrying, is the worst thing to do.

#13696 - 05/23/03 05:37 PM Re: sleeping disorders
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Gosh that made me laugh. I am up at 3 or 4 more than I would like to think. Even now when I've taken some Tylenol PM after my surgery. I sleep 4 hrs and then am in a fog the rest of the day. The worst is when I am up at 2 or 3 and can't get back to sleep and still have to start getting ready for work at 5;30.Can't fall asleep in the class room. I've run out of Soy and Prim RoseOil pills.Think it makes a difference.To the store,Caloona.

#13697 - 05/24/03 07:05 AM Re: sleeping disorders
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I make up on and off throughout the night all the time, and only get six hours anyway. I think my sleep problems have more to do with the person sleeping next to me that sounds like some beast from the deep when he's asleep. He needs to find out if he's going to have suregery on his deviated septum soon.

#13698 - 05/24/03 05:18 PM Re: sleeping disorders
TerrieRoxanne Offline

Loc: CA
I have had a sleep problem all my life. I go in cycles. Up all night, sleep all day, then turn it around after a few days and sleep at night again. It was really bad when I worked. [Roll Eyes] I had to drag myself around to get up and ready to face the day. [Confused] Now I can take a nap anytime, which I am very grateful for. (aren't naps a great thing?) [Big Grin] BUT when I can get to sleep at night sometimes, then it's "The Train Is Coming Into The Station" syndrome. [Eek!] I mean, I think the windows are going to break. The snoring gives me such a headache. It wakes me out of a solid sleep or if I haven't fell asleep, it will keep me awake. [Embarrassed] So, I sit here at my computer with my eyes all itchy and red....I love my husband but I need sleep!

#13699 - 05/24/03 05:20 PM Re: sleeping disorders
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
I wonder how women in Victorian ,and before, times slept in the days of separate rooms.My husband's job keeps him away most of the week but when he is home during the week he has to fall asleep with the tv on-I can't.I like to fall asleep after I've read a nice book that takes my mind to another place.He hates the light on and even the book light wakes him up.
I like to gently wake to classical music. He on the other hand needs to wake-a half hour before me I might add-to an alarm clock sound that gives me such a jolt I feel like I've been jump started by a Mac truck!!

#13700 - 05/24/03 05:43 PM Re: sleeping disorders
TerrieRoxanne Offline

Loc: CA
With my ex-husband I did sleep in a separate room. His snoring was the worst ever! I liked the tv on, he didn't. Mainly because I couldn't sleep most of the time. Or I read a book and the light would bother him. So, off to the spare bedroom I went! It was great!

#13701 - 05/26/03 04:23 AM Re: sleeping disorders
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
A couple of my suggestions are to use silicone earplugs and take your calcium at bedtime. I notice that using the computer at night just makes me more wired than, say, reading.

#13702 - 05/26/03 06:03 PM Re: sleeping disorders
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Earplugs...what a practical solution! I don't sleep with a snorer, but if I did I would certainly get earplugs before I lost out on precious sleep. [Razz]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved