The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136987 - 01/06/08 11:37 PM Re: Pay Scale [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Love it Meredith. And to think they don't even have to pay into SS....that makes my butt want to crochet barbwire....

And MustanGal...I LOVE Mark Twain. I read and re-read his work all the time. Isn't he great?

#136988 - 01/06/08 11:53 PM Re: Pay Scale [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Jaw Jaw,
It's fine that you posted what you did. It IS wrong for me to make the money I make while a teacher makes what they do. I might have worked harder and may have been educated long, and I might even work in the hardest sport there is, according to a Harvard study, it does not matter.

I do this to make up for it. I donate a TON. I teach in schools free and do so often. I have taught in too many schools to count to keep art in schools. I also choreograph their plays free of charge. I have had up to 500 children in a room with only me and a microphone!

I give A LOT away, you must trust me. I do so because I make the money to do so. I don't believe in taking more money than one needs.

I have sent women whom I hardly know to college. I have helped women who have left abusive relationships to furnish their homes for themselves and their children. I do every single fundraiser for the charities I believe in and have throughout my career.

Again, I have taught in many schools who have found that I am in town and I have NEVER charged a dime. I also put my shows in schools at times and give the ticket take to the schools drama department.

I have bought wardrobes for dozens of women who needed them when they got jobs they sorely need.

I donate so much that my accountant is always telling me to think of my old age and to STOP.

And I think that every single lucky person like myself out there that makes the money we can make on stage or in a movie ought to open their bank accounts and hand over the money like I do!
What's more, I tell them that! some do, you'd be surprised.

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136990 - 01/07/08 07:15 PM Re: Pay Scale [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anne3,
Thank you.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved